Post Traumatic [Remastered] + Hold It Together (Official Music Video)

martinez

40 minutes ago, Somebodyangry said:

Releasing a MV for a song that was already released 5 years ago is...

More than awesome?

29 minutes ago, xxHybridXeroxx said:

I think I remember that the original video (someone could correct me if I’m wrong) was on an HDD that got stolen at the airport, and that’s why we never got it. They probably made a new one, and seeing as we have every video but that one, it would make sense to release it for the anniversary. A new video (even if it’s for a 5 year old song) in my opinion is better than just merch…

Yes and there was this small just a few seconds video snippet of a fan recording Mike standing next to the bus which was shoting something, probably the video for that song. I found the link to that video snippet on one of the lplive's show pages, I already forgot the show page where I found it. In general I was looking for that video, because I was planning to edit it a bit (knowing how it was made and what was the concept behid it and that we will probably never have an official video for the song) I wanted to reverse it and try to match it with the song than maybe we could have at least some king of a preview of it.

On 6/15/2023 at 9:42 AM, martinez said:

I totally don't understand your love to this guy. Like c'mon, is it just because the Lost?

Yes.

I was blown away of how he made a 20 year old track sound very modern. I would be really intersted to listen to a new mix from him of HT. 

i would prefer a new mix instead of a re-recording.

3 hours ago, xxHybridXeroxx said:

I think I remember that the original video (someone could correct me if I’m wrong) was on an HDD that got stolen at the airport, and that’s why we never got it. They probably made a new one, and seeing as we have every video but that one, it would make sense to release it for the anniversary. A new video (even if it’s for a 5 year old song) in my opinion is better than just merch…

Better than merch for sure yeah 

man, i'm really nitpicking here but i had to comment:  why so many music videos show the drummer playing something that doesn't fit at all with the moment of song? Like, playing the wrong notes.

Can't be that hard to match it with the songbeat/tempo.

A little off topic, but:
"It's even worst on animations, there's this amazing video "drums are never animated correctly" 

Talking about this release, its cool that he remastered the album and edited a video... but

a live SBD professionally mixed  FULL SHOW would be better.  I remember that he has the 2015 Exchange FM show and the Russia show from 2018 but he simply refuses to release the whole thing....

Edited by JZLP-NaughtyNottingham

4 minutes ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

a live SBD professionally mixed a FULL would be better.  I remember that he has the 2015 Exchange FM show and the Russia show from 2018 but he simply refuses to release the whole thing....

Oh yes. This 100% would be amazing, I agree. But I am glad they edited live footage into the Hold It Together video, I quite like it. 

Edited by xxHybridXeroxx

3 hours ago, xxHybridXeroxx said:

Oh yes. This 100% would be amazing, I agree. But I am glad they edited live footage into the Hold It Together video, I quite like it. 

Having to know how perfectionist Mike (and the LP guys) are, don't be surprised if they're holding it back together for some small reason that probably would me minimal for us but a huge of a deal for him

2 hours ago, bloodbath said:

Having to know how perfectionist Mike (and the LP guys) are, don't be surprised if they're holding it back together for some small reason that probably would me minimal for us but a huge of a deal for him

He might feel like the demand isn't there to warrant a release of an FM show outside of an anniversary or some other occasion that would call for it. As for the PT tour, Mike has said more than once that he is opposed to releasing a full live show from that tour because he wants it to be remembered as a "you had to be there" type of thing. Like a special moment in time that is only for those who were there.

On 6/17/2023 at 9:55 AM, Justin said:he wants it to be remembered as a "you had to be there" type of thing. Like a special moment in time that is only for those who were there.

Well I was in fucking Australia for the Welcome Tour, The Hunting Party World Tour, One More Light World Tour and Post Traumatic World Tour.

On 6/20/2023 at 3:10 PM, YRQRM0 said:

can anyone describe the actual difference in sound between the original and remastered? 

I'll be honest I was hoping for an old school Astat post for exactly this reason. To my ears, most of the album sounds the exact same...

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2023 at 8:06 PM, Hybrid1988 said:

Aside from the first 4 tracks, this album hasn't aged well for me :(

Not a huge fan but this album overall is still better than most of the collab songs he has done since 2020-2021.

On 6/16/2023 at 3:50 PM, Somebodyangry said:

Releasing a MV for a song that was already released 5 years ago is weird, lol

Someone already said it but I confirm it too 100%: Mike shot a mv for that song way back but the raw footage was stolen/lost during a trip, so hence why he made one again.

On 6/16/2023 at 8:01 PM, xxHybridXeroxx said:

Still hate how Mike justifies those small shows not being released with something like "Hey those shows were special because of the intimacy between me and the fans, so releasing a live album would be odd". 😑

On 6/24/2023 at 1:52 AM, Justin said:

I'll be honest I was hoping for an old school Astat post for exactly this reason. To my ears, most of the album sounds the exact same...

Same, as @martinez pointed out, I don't think I could still tell the difference if Manny or a different mixer would've done a new mix with the album, like how many 'experts' around here said Meteora and many other LP albums were mixed 'horribly', I'm honestly clueless.

Edited by RentEznor

On 7/10/2023 at 10:49 PM, RentEznor said:

Still hate how Mike justifies those small shows not being released with something like "Hey those shows were special because of the intimacy between m e and the fans, so releasing a live album would be odd". 😑

Same, as @martinez pointed out, I don't think I could still tell the difference if Manny or a different mixer would've done a new mix with the album, like how many 'experts' around here said Meteora and many other LP albums were mixed 'horribly', I'm honestly clueless.

Linkin Park has one of the most precise and meticulous discography, with countless layers of sounds perfectly mixed. I'd like to take those "experts" for a trip to other genres to truly know what's "horribly" mixed

On 7/12/2023 at 3:51 PM, bloodbath said:

Linkin Park has one of the most precise and meticulous discography, with countless layers of sounds perfectly mixed. I'd like to take those "experts" for a trip to other genres to truly know what's "horribly" mixed

I've heard enough awful mixing songs and albums through the years, especially 'remastered' old songs, I don't recall anything too distracting from their catalogue that I noticed so far. Unless you have some type of legit knowledge or 'ear training' and you're very good at it, there's no other way.

Edited by RentEznor

On 7/10/2023 at 4:49 PM, RentEznor said:

Still hate how Mike justifies those small shows not being released with something like "Hey those shows were special because of the intimacy between me and the fans, so releasing a live album would be odd". 😑

It was too emotionally intense for him (which is why he didn't keep touring the world for it). Wanted it to be an in-person connection, etc.

On 7/14/2023 at 4:29 AM, LPLStaff said:

It was too emotionally intense for him (which is why he didn't keep touring the world for it). Wanted it to be an in-person connection, etc.

I totally understand the PT shows, but I do NOT understand the FM shows of 2015 not being released.

21 hours ago, RentEznor said:

I totally understand the PT shows, but I do NOT understand the FM shows of 2015 not being released.

I prefer 2015 FM as well. I think Mike is trying to figure out which persona he's going to do moving forward. FM has a lot of potential for come back but I want him to continue with LP.  So there's that.

• 7 months later...

The og version is still in the digital stores, whats the sense of all this? ahah it's confusing on iTunes there are like 4 post traumatic lol did Mike ever said something about this release?