Post Traumatic [Remastered] + Hold It Together (Official Music Video)

martinez

What a surprise! So for the Post Traumatic album's 5th anniversary, Mike is releasing a remastered version of the album this Friday. The new remastered deluxe version contains all 16 tracks from the standard edition and bonus tracks "Prove You Wrong" and "What The Words Meant".

Tracklist:

01. Place To Start [Remastered] (02:13)

02.Over Again [Remastered] (03:50)

03.Watching As I Fall [Remastered] (03:31)

04.Nothing Makes Sense Anymore [Remastered] (03:33)

05.About You (feat. blackbear) [Remastered] (03:26)

06.Brooding (Instrumental) [Remastered] (02:31)

07.Promises I Can't Keep [Remastered] (03:22)

08.Crossing A Line [Remastered] (04:02)

09.Hold It Together [Remastered] (03:25)

10.Ghosts [Remastered] (02:54)

11.Make It Up As I Go (feat. K.Flay) [Remastered] (03:29)

12.Lift Off (feat. Chino Moreno & Machine Gun Kelly) [Remastered] (04:00)

13.I.O.U. [Remastered] (02:42)

14.Running From My Shadow (feat. grandson) [Remastered] (03:24)

15.World's On Fire [Remastered] (03:15)

16.Can't Hear You Now [Remastered] (03:28)

17.Prove You Wrong [Remastered] (03:33)

18.What The Words Meant [Remastered] (03:33)

Also, additionally Mike is releasing an official music video for Hold It Together. Watch the video below:

Video Credits:

Spoiler

Directed and Edited by: Mark Fiore

Produced by: Amigo and Company

Shot by: Chady Awad & Lorenzo Errico

Digital Effects by: Aaron Hymes at GREATWORK© and Mark Fiore at Amigo and Company

Executive Producer: Devin Sarno / Warner Records

Tell us in the comments what you think about the new version of the album and Hold It Together music video.

Source: Apple Music | Mike's twitter

Does the new master sounds like an actual upgrade? i cant find a difference im at work so laptop speakers dont help haha

The only album that i need remastered is Hybrid Theory.

A Manny M. mix of that album would be so freaking badass.

And about this release, it's just okay atleast it wasnt just a random t shirt for 40 bucks.

Edited by JZLP-NaughtyNottingham

Very weird, I wonder if he was at all not happy w the master or if this is just some kind of label obligation. He never struck me as wanting to remaster anything; everything is representative of the work at that time

1 hour ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

Does the new master sounds like an actual upgrade? i cant find a difference im at work so laptop speakers dont help haha

The only album that i need remastered is Hybrid Theory.

A Manny M. mix of that album would be so freaking badass.

I totally don't understand your love to this guy. Like c'mon, is it just because the Lost?

Mike said in one of the latest interviews in some cases (and we don't how many cases/songs are out there like that, it could be half of the songs from PT for this example) it is a back and forward work. He send the multis to Manny, Manny will do the work and send the mulltis back and Mike will not be happy about the final result, he will re-send them to Manny and tell to fix this and that and that can be 10 times when Manny will deliver his final mix that Mike will have no any reservations about it. It's not like it's always one time that Mike will send the multis, he will send them back and it's done. So based on that I can tell you, that you will never know if you will like the HT mixed by Manny, until you hear it, just like with any other new album.

On topic: the tracks on the previous versions of PT albums had various sample rates if it's about 24-bit, the tracks had 44.1kHz (11 tracks), 48.0kHz (5 tracks) and 96.0kHz (2 tracks), now with this new remastered version all tracks have 44.1kHz. Is that was the reason why they did the remaster? If I'm right the main reason this is now released could be because of the requests of the digital stores/streaming platforms.

8 minutes ago, vinifeijo said:

Maybe it's a re-release to gather attention for a new tour coming up

He could just re-release it on CD with the bonus tracks for the first time without remastering it to do that.

A remaster is just super odd and nothing I would have ever expected from him. Especially for a release that happened so late in his career. At that point he had all the money, knowledge and connections to achieve the sound he wanted to. What changed in the last 5 years that makes him think that the album needs a remaster? I mean when they talked about remastering Hybrid Theory their argument was that there is no remaster needed because the tech and the way records are mixed and mastered didn't shift fundamentally. What's different in the case of PT?

1 hour ago, Coizu said:

He could just re-release it on CD with the bonus tracks for the first time without remastering it to do that.

A remaster is just super odd and nothing I would have ever expected from him. Especially for a release that happened so late in his career. At that point he had all the money, knowledge and connections to achieve the sound he wanted to. What changed in the last 5 years that makes him think that the album needs a remaster? I mean when they talked about remastering Hybrid Theory their argument was that there is no remaster needed because the tech and the way records are mixed and mastered didn't shift fundamentally. What's different in the case of PT?

Yeah exactly. I think it's just for attention, but not a CD or anything because this is just what the label deemed in budget/the right thing for the 21st century. I imagine that doing this gets it on tons of "new music" playlists for a couple weeks, it likely does way more than a CD in the streaming age while also being cheaper, would be my guess. 

In addition to your points about already having the sound he wanted, I think he also has an attitude of "it represents what I/we could do at the time". Like he could've re-recorded vocals for any M20 track but chose not to, he even said so on Howard Stern. And he's never seemed to care for HT Atmos either, saying on discord that they thought about doing spatial mixes but weren't really compelled to mess with old stuff 

26 minutes ago, YRQRM0 said:

I imagine that doing this gets it on tons of "new music" playlists for a couple weeks, it likely does way more than a CD in the streaming age while also being cheaper, would be my guess.

Releasing it then under release date: June 15, 2018 which is happening and not as a 2023 makes no sense to your argument. How this can be noticable for many people if it won't show as the newest release? I guess they want to have IMH to be visible as the newest release and that's why they add "[Remastered]" to the album name and each track. Kind of like they didn't want to do a big deal from it.

35 minutes ago, martinez said:

Releasing it then under release date: June 15, 2018 which is happening and not as a 2023 makes no sense to your argument. How this can be noticable for many people if it won't show as the newest release? I guess they want to have IMH to be visible as the newest release and that's why they add "[Remastered]" to the album name and each track. Kind of like they didn't want to do a big deal from it.

Idk how Apple Music works, but I don't think that will matter for Spotify. Even if means it makes less playlists that are automated, I think that artists at this level can choose what appears in stuff like Release Radar through some kind of editorial mechanism Spotify offers. For example, More The Victim made a lot of playlists when M20 dropped. If it was automated, what were the chances out of all those new tracks that MTV made it? I also got Healing Foot later. Again, doubt that was coincidence. I've also received Remastered items from Young The Giant in my release radar, which is an infinitely smaller band. 

• martinez changed the title to Post Traumatic [Remastered] + Hold It Together (Official Music Video)
10 minutes ago, Somebodyangry said:

Releasing a MV for a song that was already released 5 years ago is weird, lol

I think I remember that the original video (someone could correct me if I’m wrong) was on an HDD that got stolen at the airport, and that’s why we never got it. They probably made a new one, and seeing as we have every video but that one, it would make sense to release it for the anniversary. A new video (even if it’s for a 5 year old song) in my opinion is better than just merch…

Edited by xxHybridXeroxx