Digital Releases

martinez

The site was updated. From over 200+ changes, here are few of them (which I think are the most interesting):

Added releases:

LP:
Hybrid Theory (Mastered for iTunes) // {cat. 093624949367} *

Others/Soundtracks:
VA - Crank (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - iTunes release **

* from the beginning the site was missing this release, that's because I assumed that the HT 24-bit release with the UPC code 093624949107 is also for the Mfi version, which was wrong. I didn't notice that those two had different UPC codes and even ISRC codes.

** there is probably a separate release on iTunes. The UPC: 780163481723 doesn't match the iTunes database, plus on iTunes all tracks are album only, while in other stores in the same country, you can buy some of the tracks from the album separately.

A Light That Never Comes (Remixes) - EP // {cat. 888003979055}
A Light That Never Comes (Remixes) - EP // {cat. DM549}

Merged.

Darker Than The Light That Never Bleeds (Chester Forever Steve Aoki Rmx) // {1tr, cat. DM963}
Darker Than The Light That Never Bleeds (Chester Forever Steve Aoki Rmx) // {1tr, cat. 812339027210}

Merged.

Martin Garrix & Pierce Fulton - Waiting For Tomorrow (feat. Mike Shinoda) // {1tr, cat. G010004007319R}
Martin Garrix & Pierce Fulton - Waiting For Tomorrow (feat. Mike Shinoda) // {1tr, cat. 886447380925}

Merged.

Martin Garrix - Bylaw // {5tr, cat. G010004007691Q}
Martin Garrix - Bylaw // {5tr, cat. 886447382110}

Merged.

Darker Than Blood // {1tr, cat. G010003326190E}
Darker Than Blood // {1tr, cat. 886445200478}

Merged.

Darker Than Blood (Remixes) // {4tr, cat. 617465642555}
Darker Than Blood (Remixes) US // {4tr, cat. UL6425}

Merged.

I received the info from one of the stores, that all the releases with "DM963" and "UL6425" kind of codes have the same UPC codes, like in iTunes and other stores. Those short codes are additional id's for those releases, assigned by the label. It's something similar like physical releases have.

I have removed the "show/hide" buttons that were on both of "Studio Collection" releases. Now you have to just click on the album name to see the tracklist.

I added additional info into track titles. If you see that the track name in the Tracklist change its color when you stop your cursor on it, it means that there is additional info about it. In most cases that will be the ISRC code, but sometimes there will be also some other info too, for example, in the 24-bit releases there will be 24-bit quality of each track.Sometimes, the tracks can have a different quality than the info for the whole album says. For example - "Post Traumatic (Deluxe Version)" some stores says that in general, the whole album is in 24-bit/48.0kHz quality, while only 6 tracks have 48.0kHz, 10 tracks have 44.1kHz and the last two have 96.0kHz (in the censored version track "About You" have 44.1kHz instead 48.0kHz quality like in the non-censored version).  A few screenshots showing those changes: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

The music videos/live videos that are on the first page of this topic were updated. Also added the GRID & ISRC codes to them, just in case if someone will find any code and would want to identify to what video those codes are.

What are the GRID codes? Global Release identifier, the GRID codes work like the UPC codes. Usually used for videos that are released separately. You can read more about GRID codes here.

One more thing if it's about the site, you probably notice that, but there are not all releases in the "Others / Featured" section. I will say like this - almost all of them doesn't interest me enough to add them to site (and that's a lot of work!). Sometimes I will add something new (Waiting For Tomorrow, ByLaw EP, Cross Off, Anesthetic EP) but that will be very rarely. I mainly work on FM/DBS/LP/MS sections and trying to be fully updated.

--------------------------------

A few things about ISRC codes:

The standard versions of digital albums (standard version - not Mastered for iTunes nor 24-bit) usually have the same ISRC codes like the physical CD edition have, but if you look at the Mastered for iTunes/24-bit of LP/MS/FM releases you will notice that they almost always have different ISRC codes than the standard version has. Take a look at the ISRC codes for one of the Mike's song:

USWB11800655 - Can't Hear You Now (Standard)
USWB11800981 - Can't Hear You Now (Standard) [Censored]
USWB11800668 - Can't Hear You Now (Mastered for iTunes & 24-bit)
USWB11800986 - Can't Hear You Now (Mastered for iTunes & 24-bit) [Censored]

If anyone has an idea, why Mfi/24-bit tracks have different ISRC codes let me know. I will also update the info about that here, if I will know something. Confirmed, is that it's not because of different mastering.

What I've Done (Single Version) - 3:28 - USWB10700721
What I've Done (Album Version) - 3:25 - USWB10700721

The Catalyst (Single Version) - 5:44 - USWB11001782
The Catalyst (Album Version) - 5:39 - USWB11001782

Besides the length, you know what other differences are between the single version and the album version of those tracks right? The "album version" of those songs contains a transition at the beginning, from the previous song that's on the album. The "single version" of those songs, consist only from the titled song. So technically the album version and single version should have different ISRC codes, but they have exactly the same. The source of that is from the sound recording database, but also from my physical collection I have checked:

Minutes To Midnigh CD (from the standard edition)
Minutes To Midnigh CD (from the deluxe edition)
What I've Done CD single
Iridescent CD single

The Catalyst CD single
A Thousand Suns

The same thing are with the album/single versions of Fort Minor songs - RTN, WYG, BM, that's why some of the TRT digital editions contained different versions of those songs.

Another example will be "Guilty All The Same":

Guilty All The Same - 5:55 - USWB11400510 - taken from digital stores
Guilty All The Same - 5:53 - USWB11401337 - taken from CD

The only one difference between them is that the version from digital stores is one and half second longer than the version from the CD. How you can notice they have different ISRC codes.

Edited by martinez

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Topic list update:

- added all videos below with codes and links:

Talking To Myself (Live Fan Footage) [L] - streaming only

Sharp Edges (One More Light Live Video) [L] - streaming only

Crawling (One More Light Live Video) [L] - streaming only

Linkin Park & Friends Celebrate Life In Honor of Chester Bennington (LIVE From The Hollywood Bowl) [L] - streaming only

One More Light (Lyric Video) [L]
One More Light (Jimmy Kimmel Live Performance) [L] - streaming only

Talking To Myself (Lyric Video) [L] - streaming only
Papercut (Live From Monster Mash 2015) [L] - streaming only

One Step Closer (Live From KROQ Red Bull Sound Space) [L] - streaming only

Until It's Gone (Live In Milan Fan Video) [L] - streaming only

Wastelands (UFC Video) [L] - streaming only

Final Masquerade (Lyric Video) [L] - streaming only

Rebellion (feat. Daron Malakian) [Lyric Video] [L] - streaming only

Wastelands (Lyric Video) [L] - streaming only

Until It's Gone (Lyric Video) [L] - streaming only

Guilty All The Same (Lyric Video) [L] - streaming only

Can't Hear You Now [L] - streaming only

Welcome [360 Version]  [L]  - streaming only

Site update:

- studio collections have now scrolling tracklist
- added missing codes/credits to few studio/live songs
- added MP3 fromat to few LPU albums (all LPU albums are now at MP3 format only, no more lossless - confirmed by Ana from LPU)

Edited by martinez

2 hours ago, eyesburning said:

@martinez Do you know where I can buy the THP and Living Things Acapellas & Instrumentals in lossless? Only found the mp3 versions.

It depends where you live. I can suggest:

https://uk.7digital.com/artist/linkin-park/release/living-things-acapellas-and-instrumentals-1897908

https://www.junodownload.com/products/linkin-park-the-hunting-party-acapellas-instrumentals/3395538-02/

Added to topic:

In The End (Lyric Video)  [L] - streaming only

Cure For The Itch (Video)* [L] - streaming only

A Light That Never Comes (Lyric Video) [L] - streaming only

Lost In The Echo (Lyric Video) [L] - streaming only

Lies Greed Misery (Lyric Video) [L] - streaming only

Burn It Down (Lyric Video) [L] - streaming only

Rolling In The Deep (Live from iTunes Festival, London, 2011)** [L] - streaming only

* - registered under new ISRC code in 2015 and released the same year for streaming on the band's official youtube channel, the youtube description says: " Linkin Park "Cure For The Itch" off of the album HYBRID THEORY. " while recording title in the database is: "Cure For The Itch [from Frat Party At The Pankake Festival]".

** - slightly different from the version released on iTunes Store/Apple Music and few other streaming platforms

In general in the database I think there all ISRC codes for all LPTV episodes released on the bands YT channel. Also some live videos that we probably that we didn't see (or at least I didn't see them). For example I don't know if those were released somewhere but all 4 live tracks from THP (Xbx edition) have videos too.

Edited by martinez

• 2 weeks later...

I had in my hands two (out of 4) Linkin Park interactive booklets, .mov files that were available in some editions on iTunes, long time ago (1, 2). I managed to open them in QuickTime 7.13. Here are some details:

- they are titled: "Digital Collector Booklet Vol 1", "Digital Collector Booklet Vol 3" (so the other two "Live In Texas" and "Collision Course" are probably "Vol 2" and "Vol 4"),
 - the "images" section from Reanimation, consists of various album artworks
 - the "images" section from Hybrid Theory, consists of band promo photos. A few of them were probably used only in this interactive booklet (like, 1-the two wide ones with Brad, Joe, Mike and Chester, 2-the one, where the band has a pole behind them - it has some additional effects and it was probably edited by Frank, 3-the one that is back cover of the HT but without the tracklist)*,

- the "email updates" button it is just a link to linkinpark.com
 - they were designed by SPARKART LLC

* I googled the ones that I mentioned in brackets and I couldn't find any of them. EDIT: some of them were used in the official Linkin Park website (in the swf intro).

I think the "Lyrics" section is missing in the Reanimation interactive booklet, because when you will open it in a hex editor or in notepad, you will find out that there are lyrics for all songs, but there is no way to see those when you will open the booklet in the standard way (in iTunes or QuickTime).

If anyone needs txt files with full bio, lyrics, liner notes from those booklets PM me. If someone knows how to get the LIT and CC interactive booklets, let me know. Also, there was one for TRT.

---------------------

Site update:

added:
 - Reanimation interactive booklet screenshots
 - Hybrid Theory interactive booklet screenshots
 - a few changes/improvements to A Thousand Suns (Deluxe Version) with iTunes LP.

December 2023 Update: The screenshots for the volume 4 of interactive booklet were added to the site.

You can check all screenshots of the HT interactive booklet here. The screenshots of the Reanimation and Meteora booklets can be found in the releases above the HT bonus version.

I asked the Qobuz support team about what format the digital booklets are and what kind of the video from the Meteora album is and if they can provide the length of it. This is what they said:

[Link1]*

[Link2]*

[Link3]*

[Link4]**

* The booklets are in PDF.
** This release seems to have a problem, it is supposed to be a videoclip of Meteora but the video file is corrupted. We invite you to chose something else.

As far as I know PDF booklets for all those 3 albums are available only on Qobuz.

I will update those releases on the site. If it's about Reanimation, there are screenshots of the interactive booklet, so if I just add booklet pdf instead interactive booklet, people might think that those screenshots are from the booklet PDF, so what would be the best solution of this:

- keep interactive booklet in the tracklist, but also add PDF version and info about it to notes,
- set the whole release with interactive booklet as not available anymore and just add above another one with the same UPC, with PDF booklet but without interactive booklet's screenshots.

Edited by martinez

I always thought that the tracklist of the Reanimation album should look everywhere the same way like on the back cover of the CD (or at least it should have all feat. artists) and they updated it, everywhere (besides iTunes).

On 7/25/2019 at 1:33 PM, Rasputin 93 said:

Could you make something like this: Interactive Booklet PDF* >>> *not available anymore; replaced by Standard Booklet PDF from xx-xx-xxxx on.

When something is no longer available (any tracks, digital booklet, or audio format), I always make it darker, the same with icons, so I will just stay with that form.

Also, in this case I'm not sure if "the booklet was replaced" is the right thing to say. The interactive booklets were exclusive to iTunes only. I never find any proof that they were available anywhere else. Along with the QuickTime and iTunes updates, those interactive booklets stopped working and Apple decided to remove them from iTunes then and in 2014 Qobuz received the album from the label with the PDF version of the booklet and that's the only store that have this album with PDF booklet.

I updated the tracklist and notes in Reanimation (Bonus Version), right now it looks like this.

If it's about the format of the booklets, there are two different icons, standard for PDF and blue one for interactive booklet, both icons has info about the format of these booklets in their description. If that's not enough, I can add additional info, that would be available on click, just like the songs have.

Edited by martinez

Site update:

A Thousand Suns (Deluxe Version) iTunes LP // {International version}
A Thousand Suns // {-16tr-, + Blackbirds}

I merged those two. There was no any other version with the song "Blackbirds" than the deluxe version.

- added UPC for "A Thousand Suns (Deluxe Version)" with iTunes LP, also, I decided to add + 4 more screenshots of the "A Thousand Suns: The Full Experience" visualization, since it was only available in the ATS edition with iTunes LP released only in United States and Canada;

- since on the site there are releases that are available only for streaming, I decided to add also "A Thousand Suns Sampler )", which was available for streaming only and it is still available on spotify, all songs in the release are in album version;

- additional info about songs in the tracklist of the releases that are not available anymore has now the same color (they are not in dark color anymore);

- the tracklist in the available only for streaming releases has slightly different color.

-----------------------------------------------------

Some additional info:

There was no edition of the A Thousand Suns on napster with "The Catalyst (feat. NoBrain)" bonus track, like some of the familiar sites says. The NoBrain remix was available there as a 1-track digital single.

I discovered that 3 tracks in the Reanimation (Bonus Track) version of the album with interactive booklet, released long time ago on iTunes are slightly different:

- Pts.Of.Athrty was single version (with extended intro and no longer outro)
 - P5hng Me A*wy  had no transition to Plc.4 Mie Haed
 - By_Myslf had longer outro (3:44), in the album version (which length is 3:42) one and half second of the outro was cut and used as a transition in the "Kyur4 Th Ich".

Edited by martinez

1 hour ago, martinez said:

Added Styles Of Beyond's "Reseda Beach" album that is produced by Mike, it contains two songs that featured him and remix by him for one song.

He is credited as executive producer, not actual producer, but he did produce a few songs on it:

http://linkinpedia.com/index.php?title=List_Of_Songs_By_Side_Projects#Mike_Shinoda

Disc 2 is Razor Tag by the way, but it's different from the mixtape version. On the mixtape the tracks were all mixed together, having voiceovers and transitions to other songs. On Reseda Beach, they are all "album versions." The tracklist is slightly different as well. On Razor Tag, Hard is actually a mix of the album version and the remix. Reseda Beach disc 2 comes with the full remix and the full album version is on disc 1.

On 8/6/2019 at 11:07 PM, lpliveusername said:

He is credited as executive producer, not actual producer, but he did produce a few songs on it:

http://linkinpedia.com/index.php?title=List_Of_Songs_By_Side_Projects#Mike_Shinoda

I changed the notes.

On 8/6/2019 at 11:07 PM, lpliveusername said:

Disc 2 is Razor Tag by the way,

Not exactly, the tracks: "Radio Clash", "Kick Me Out", "Chill Pill" are new,  unreleased tracks.

Edited by martinez

9 minutes ago, martinez said:

Not exactly, the tracks: "Radio Clash", "Kick Me Out", "Chill Pill" are new,  unreleased tracks.

12 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

The tracklist is slightly different as well.

But the physical CD does say "Razor Tag". "Razor Tag + Unreleased Tracks" to be more exact. Only CD 1 is titled "Reseda Beach" in the physical release.

• 2 weeks later...

Site update:

- added flags with "Released only in the United States" to 16-track ATS editions with the "A Thousand Suns: The Full Experience". The "ATS: The Full Experience" track was exclusive to United States only. Also, ATS deluxe version with iTunes LP and "ATS: Full Exp." track was available only in the United States, not also in Canada like I earlier thought. I check Canadian iTunes Store via Web Archive and there was only international version, without the ATS: Full Exp. track,

- I updated the info about iTunes LP quality, which you can see when you stop your cursor on the iTunes LP icon,

- added few more screenshots to both of the ATS deluxe editions with iTunes LP, also updated the description of them.

One more thing about the videos from the ATS deluxe version, that are in the "iTunes LP/videos" folder. Both of the videos don't have metadata tags and that's how they look like:Untitled-4.jpg

The one with the first ISRC code is "Meeting Of A Thousand Suns" documentary. The second code is a short intro video. When you start the iTunes LP, you are seeing this intro before the main menu. It contains an intro from the song "The Catalyst" with some SFX sounds created by Ghost Town (also both of the videos were directed by them). Now what's my point - this short intro video had no name, it just had the ISRC code + some info details in its name. For the long time I had use "Intro" name for it on my site, but some time ago I noticed that this video in one of the ISRC databases has a name "A Thousand Suns (Introductory)", so I decided to use that name instead of "Intro".

Edited by martinez

Added LP "Games" section with all editions of the LP 8-bit Rebellion! and LP Recharge - Wastelands. Each of the edition contains full info, list of all songs used in the game with length/format/quality, screenshots of the game. There is also Blackbirds video gallery.

You can check the "LP/Games" section under this link.

----------------------------------------------------------

Additional info will now pop out, when you click on the release date that's blue.

----------------------------------------------------------

Update: the site will have no the "Game" section.

Edited by martinez

The Czech-Republic store supraphonline.cz, which I previously ask about, turned to be legal. The legalness of this store was confirmed by the pro-music organisation. The store offers mainly digital releases but there are also physical releases too. So, since the store is legit, here are the list of available releases from it:

Burning In The Skies // {-3tr- + Blackout live, WTCFM live, cat. 093624958901}

1.BURNING IN THE SKIES (04:13)
2.BLACKOUT (LIVE) [Explicit] (04:36) [2011.02.04 New York City, New York, USA]
3.WHEN THEY COME FOR ME (LIVE) (05:21) [2011.02.04 New York City, New York, USA] [Available only digitally.]

When They Come For Me, from this single, wasn't available in any of the Linkin Park physical releases. The track was only available in digital stores. It is available in lossless flac, only in this store: click

---------------------------------------------------

Leave Out All The Rest // {-2tr-, ts: LOATR live, LOATR (Single Version), cat. 054391990808}

1.LEAVE OUT ALL THE REST (LIVE) [ALBUM VERSION EDIT] (03:27) [2008.06.29 Milton Keynes, England]
2.LEAVE OUT ALL THE REST (SINGLE VERSION) (03:19)

Previously available on 7digital. The single contains an edited version of Leave Out All The Rest (Live AtMilton Keynes). It is available in lossless flac, only in this store: click

Live Earth - The Concerts For A Climate In Crisis // {15-track Bleed It Out (Live), cat. 093624992707}
Live Earth - The Concerts For A Climate In Crisis // {16-track Bleed It Out (Live), cat. 093624992790}

6.BLEED IT OUT (LIVE FROM LIVE EARTH) (03:40)

It was available on the physical CD/DVD release. You can buy it in lossless flac: click1, click2

Where'd You Go // {-3tr- + Big Bad remix, SOB remix, cat. 093624290162}

1.WHERE'D YOU GO (FEAT HOLLY BROOK & JONAH MATRANGA) [SINGLE VERSION] [Explicit] (03:52)
2.WHERE'D YOU GO (FEAT HOLLY BROOK & JONAH MATRANGA) [BIG BAD REMIX] [Explicit] (04:07)
3.WHERE'D YOU GO (FEAT HOLLY BROOK & JONAH MATRANGA) [SOB VERSION] [Explicit] (03:17)

Available in lossless flac: click

Other releases from this store:

https://www.supraphonline.cz/album/145009-given-up
https://www.supraphonline.cz/album/144317-shadow-of-the-day
https://www.supraphonline.cz/album/145188-bleed-it-out
https://www.supraphonline.cz/album/145734-what-i-ve-done
https://www.supraphonline.cz/album/142538-we-made-it
https://www.supraphonline.cz/album/142533-we-made-it
https://www.supraphonline.cz/album/135213-wretches-and-kings
https://www.supraphonline.cz/album/141916-leave-out-all-the-rest
https://www.supraphonline.cz/album/142113-leave-out-all-the-rest
https://www.supraphonline.cz/album/141295-leave-out-all-the-rest

Edited by martinez

For some reason, on October 31, 2018 "Darker Than The Light That Never Bleeds (Chester Forever Steve Aoki Remix)" was re-released. There's no notes on the iTunes page anymore.

All the links where the remix was previously available: iTunes, Amazon, Qobuz, Google Play.

Current links: iTunes, Amazon, Qobuz, Google Play.

The remix also was available on Juno for a short time.

=========================================================

Added links to 4 LPTV full length episodes, where you can watch them. They are available for streaming on Tidal.

=========================================================

Guilty All The Same - 5:55 - USWB11400510 - taken from digital stores
Guilty All The Same - 5:53 - USWB11401337 - taken from CD

The only one difference between them is that the version from digital stores is one and half second longer than the version from the CD. How you can notice they have different ISRC codes.

Remember this?
There is similar thing with two songs from ATS album. "When They Come For Me" and "Wretches And Kings" on physical releases have a different length than in digital releases. I did check all digital editions of ATS and compared the length of those two tracks with the ones from physical release I have (the CD from deluxe version and CD from ATS + version). On physical releases WTCFM has + 2 seconds of silence more and WAK has + 5 seconds of silence more.

When They Come For Me:

CD: 04:55
digital: 04:53

Wretches And Kings:

CD: 04:15
digital: 04:10

ats-vinyl-1

ats-vinyl-2

You can see that the tracks on the vinyl edition has the same length like on the CD.

https://i.ibb.co/B3fLDKk/458679.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/sF9vt59/458679-1.jpg

If you volume it up, you will notice that it is not a silence but some kind of noise.

I don't know how they did it, there were two different versions of the album? One intended for the digital release and the second for physicals? The remastered in 2012 edition of ATS also contains a shortened version of the songs.

==============================================

The names of some of the Linkin Park albums were updated. For example this album had the name "Japanese DMD Bundle". Don't know if that was because of the label request or just store changed it. I'll keep the old name of it. I'm writing this in case if someone would ask why the album on the site has a different name than in store.

Edited by martinez

This is not the same case like in Buy Myself Reanimation, where I heard the whole outro.  When the both songs ends (WTCFM at 5:53 and WAK at 4:10) I can't hear anything, there is a silence, you can't hear the noise I was talking about unless you amplify it first and add like +50db. So it's definitely not the case of the transition.

EDIT: also the WAK instrumental contains 5 seconds of silence, totally without any noise.

I can swear that in 2010 I have read in some interview like one of the band members was saying something like this: "... we have to decide if the song should have 3 or 4 seconds of silence at the end." They were talking about the WAK probably. I might know where that interview was if I will find it I will post the exact quote with a link.

I think that there is a big possibility that digital stores received the different version of the album, the one without the few seconds of the silence in two songs that the band decided to add later.

Edited by martinez