SiriusXM Turbo - Meteora

LPLStaff

There's a point between Massive and Promises I Can't Keep that validates LP going onwards with Mike on vocals.

The Massive breakdown made some connections with Qwerty for me, i could draw a line on how they went from Meteora to experimenting with Qwerty.

This breakdown is absurd to look at, how avant-garde it was. Here we are 20 years later and all metalcore and alt metal bands are doing that all over. Eletronic beats and a heavy break.

Edited by vinifeijo

30 minutes ago, Diaux said:

Ok so Massive samples the Amen Break, has a possible lyric reference to Part of Me and the snare sounds like it was sample from RX Queen by Deftones. This track is a huge suprise, very happy about it

What's the lyric reference?

32 minutes ago, vinifeijo said:

There's a point between Massive and Promises I Can't Keep that validates LP going onwards with Mike on vocals.

The Massive breakdown made some connections with Qwerty for me, i could draw a line on how they went from Meteora to experimenting with Qwerty.

This breakdown is absurd to look at, how avant-garde it was. Here we are 20 years later and all metalcore and alt metal bands are doing that all over. Eletronic beats and a heavy break.

Totally, bands like Architects and BMTH do it all the time now 

Mike Shinoda, if you ever read this: You are fucking awesome!
Damn i love massive so much.

If LP wants to bring out new music i don't necessarily need it to be as heavy as Massive, but the vocal skills are absolutely there to continue with him alone fronting this masterpiece of a band.
Yes Chester is irreplaceable, that's exactly why LP should go full-on experimenting with this type of shit, instead of finding someone to be the new fronting vocalist.

Find someone with a different kind of vocal style of both Chester and Mike, us him as AIC uses Duvall and write the history from there on out, and take back that place as the number one alternative band (post 2000) on this planet.  

18 minutes ago, GreyFox-AFCA said:

If LP wants to bring out new music i don't necessarily need it to be as heavy as Massive, but the vocal skills are absolutely there to continue with him alone fronting this masterpiece of a band.
Yes Chester is irreplaceable, that's exactly why LP should go full-on experimenting with this type of shit, instead of finding someone to be the new fronting vocalist.

Find someone with a different kind of vocal style of both Chester and Mike, us him as AIC uses Duvall and write the history from there on out, and take back that place as the number one alternative band (post 2000) on this planet.  

I love this comment.

23 minutes ago, GreyFox-AFCA said:

I love these thoughts. 100% agree, LP potential has no limits and Chester will be honoured forever even though new music should come

Edited by DavideLP

45 minutes ago, GreyFox-AFCA said:

TOTALLY AGREE. Right after Chester’s passing I was like “if they continue they should choose someone similar to him, for what is possible, like Oli from BMTH or Sam Carter of Architects so they can play the heavy stuff”. But no ? Fuck no, go wild and if you want to bring a second vocalist do something totally different, bring a female vocalist or someone who sounds nothing like Chester. 

4 hours ago, GreyFox-AFCA said:

Incredible post!

6 hours ago, STRANGELOVE92 said:

TOTALLY AGREE. Right after Chester’s passing I was like “if they continue they should choose someone similar to him, for what is possible, like Oli from BMTH or Sam Carter of Architects so they can play the heavy stuff”. But no ? Fuck no, go wild and if you want to bring a second vocalist do something totally different, bring a female vocalist or someone who sounds nothing like Chester. 

Dude I've been saying that for a long time. Bring a female vocalist. Some of them can also do screams very well which would suit the heavier material. And for new stuff go wild full experimental. 

Only people who truly feel like Mike at the time could've sang like him, on this song, being a natural is one thing, words that mean to you. That's the core of singing. Although the breakdown could've been better (sounds like another average nu metal solo) the bridge and the chorus, the melody of it is phenomonal. 

I was wondering where I could find tracks like no roads left and this is it. And easier to run, the instrumentals is mental its Sooooo fucking good. But like limp bizkit their demos are too mellow oriented and pretain to their future selves and I guess they had to dumb it down for the label or record. I'm leaning on the label.