Altwire Exclusive: Meteora|20 Review

LPLStaff

I'm the guy from the listening party in Madrid, as I told Capacity I only slept 3 hours ( 3 months baby) the night before the listening party and I was very tired.

I only heard one time each song, and Massive was the second one, I only remember that it was more raw, at the moment it seemed to me that were vocals of Mike and Chester but Derek opinion is more accurate for sure.

I heard the MT demos when there were released in each of the LPU but I havent listened again in a long time, and Its been like 15 years since i last saw the video of Wizard Song that is why I didnt recognised the Wizard Song beat with Mike.

BTH is the Mike demo, as I said many time that I did hear that versión.

And regarding Dont Stay as I Said in anonther chats I heard a song that had some of the beats but I think is contained in one of the other demos.

I tried to remember every detail to share with LP community but I'm getting old and my memory fails. Sorry for the misundertandings that my post produced

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, KolusLP said:

I'm the guy from the listening party in Madrid, as I told Capacity I only slept 3 hours ( 3 months baby) the night before the listening party and I was very tired.

I only heard one time each song, and Massive was the second one, I only remember that it was more raw, at the moment it seemed to me that were vocals of Mike and Chester but Derek opinion is more accurate for sure.

I heard the MT demos when there were released in each of the LPU but I havent listened again in a long time, and Its been like 15 years since i last saw the video of Wizard Song that is why I didnt recognised the Wizard Song beat with Mike.

And regarding Dont Stay as I Said in anonther chats I heard a song that had some of the beats but I think is contained in one of the other demos.

I tried to remember every detail to share with LP community but I'm getting old and my memory fails. Sorry for the misundertandings that my post produced

No harm done, it was nice that one of the attendees gave use some feedback anyway - so, thank you. We can't expect everyone to know by heart the gazillions LP demos/ snippets out there 😃

Edited by Qwerty18

17 minutes ago, KolusLP said:

Don't worry, man. I'm glad you're joining the forum and hope to see you participating this week and joining the party

28 minutes ago, KolusLP said:

Welcome! Very jealous of the amazing opportunity you had to hear Meteora 20 before anyone in the world. That was the first listening party and a true exclusive for the Spanish fans.

Your descriptions are awesome. Don't worry about any small details like that - I can't even remember something 8 songs ago when I hear an album for the first time haha. Don't apologize! You did an incredible job, better than I could have done. :) Hope you have a great time here on LPLive and congratulations on being selected to attend the listening party. 

42 minutes ago, KolusLP said:

Sorry if it seemed like I was being mean. I feel bad in hindsight. Didn’t mean to be insulting towards you if it came off that way. I’m just so used to battling disinformation that sometimes I may come off a little snarky in response. 

I would love to know which demo or bside was your favorite. Do you have a favorite?

Edited by LPAAltwireDerek

1 hour ago, xeroboi said:

What was your favourite demo we haven't heard yet? Does  from the inside has a chorus? 

Very tough. I really do like Mike’s raps in Resolution. Massive is fun just because how unique it is vs other Meteora songs of the era. Like the guitars are PURE Meteora and instantly recognizable as Linkin Park but the vocals and melodies are certainly different than what we are used to. 

10 minutes ago, Hybrider said:

Does A6 have improved guitars or it is the exact same instrumental like original long version? And is any of those humming from BBB soundbites video in Resolution?

A.06 is very similar instrumentally but it does have a bell like synth in the chorus that neither previous version had. 

And unsure about the second question. To me, instrumentally, I just hear Wizard Song whenever I hear it and I can’t look past that haha. 

2 hours ago, LPAAltwireDerek said:

Sorry if it seemed like I was being mean. I feel bad in hindsight. Didn’t mean to be insulting towards you if it came off that way. I’m just so used to battling disinformation that sometimes I may come off a little snarky in response. 

I would love to know which demo or bside was your favorite. Do you have a favorite?

No worries! Thanks for the warm welcome!!! 

When I left the listening party my perception was that the best stuff had already leaked.

But regarding the unreleased songs my favorite was A06, I loved the instrumental and hearing it with Mike's voice was amazing. 

12 minutes ago, KolusLP said:

No worries! Thanks for the warm welcome!!! 

When I left the listening party my perception was that the best stuff had already leaked.

But regarding the unreleased songs my favorite was A06, I loved the instrumental and hearing it with Mike's voice was amazing. 

The only what stays for us is to hope that once we will get A.06 with full vocals. But I am satisfied with what we are getting right now. 3 Meteora holy grails in one release. This is a dream that has come true.

2 hours ago, LPAAltwireDerek said:

A.06 is very similar instrumentally but it does have a bell like synth in the chorus that neither previous version had. 

And unsure about the second question. To me, instrumentally, I just hear Wizard Song whenever I hear it and I can’t look past that haha. 

Thank you for answers. I also want to ask last question - Has Plaster 2 the same instrumental as on Figure.09 demo or is different? Are guitars more improved or is it more raw? And there is only Mike?

5 hours ago, LPAAltwireDerek said:

Based on some claims from a recent listening party, it's rumored that two songs that "didn't make the cut" for Lost Demos were played as a bonus. A BTH demo with Chester vocals and an instrumental Don't Stay demo (possibly the reggae-esque Don't Stay)? 

Still very curious about what Serpent and Nocturnal became or if they are totally new songs.

Personally, I think Nocturnal is a Nobody's Listening demo.

It has been discovered that several of the demos on LP Meteora (Shifter, Plaster 2, Husky, Interrogation) were demos. Most likely, Nocturnal will be too

When Shifter and Nocturnal were mentioned, they did so in the following order:

Breaking The Habit, Shifter (From The Inside) and Nocturnal

That's the order of the songs on Meteora; Breaking The Habit, From The Inside and Nobody's Listening.

Also, it should be noted that Nobody's Listening has no known working title, and I highly doubt it was "Nobody's Listening"

It is also possible that it is Numb, but as far as I understand that was a provisional title that stuck (as in the cases of Figure.09, Faint and Session)

5 hours ago, xeroboi said:

Like mike think some Chester demos are from 1998. 

My holy grail is the 2000 version of pictureboard still don't understand why we didn't get that version or the part of me with Chester screams.

The Pictureboard Chester's version wasn't from 1999?

6 hours ago, LPAAltwireDerek said:

Based on some claims from a recent listening party, it's rumored that two songs that "didn't make the cut" for Lost Demos were played as a bonus. A BTH demo with Chester vocals and an instrumental Don't Stay demo (possibly the reggae-esque Don't Stay)? 

Still very curious about what Serpent and Nocturnal became or if they are totally new songs.

16 minutes ago, FigurePlaster92 said:

The Pictureboard Chester's version wasn't from 1999?

Chester's Pictureboard that was on HT20 was the Xero instrumental from 1998 with Chester's vocals recorded in 1999 so it is from 1999, what they are referring to is the version they recorded for the actual Hybrid Theory album in 2000 according to Jeff Blue. They also recorded drums at least for Slip, Stick N Move, and And One during the Hybrid Theory sessions. 

Edited by HFL377

All these wild assumptions, just wait 4 more days ffs and Y'all see what you're chipping in. 

Personally and I'm interested. Someone should ask after album launch what nocturnal and serpent is really. 

And to be honest people wanting a joke song as a holy grail.... My god. 

Oh yeah before forget to mention, someone should definitely get the stems from Meteora and apply them to the demo songs, for example easier to run. It's edgy but good, I'll never understand why hit the floor and nobody's listening got the privilege to be on the album. 

Yeah Meteora is a meh record, somewhere I belong, Faint, breaking the habit were all solid songs, the rest is just to appease the fans and is a continuation of what they did. I'll never understand why they dropped off healing foot. 

1 hour ago, Awalkinthelinkinpark said:

All these wild assumptions, just wait 4 more days ffs and Y'all see what you're chipping in. 

Personally and I'm interested. Someone should ask after album launch what nocturnal and serpent is really. 

Oh yeah before forget to mention, someone should definitely get the stems from Meteora and apply them to the demo songs, for example easier to run. It's edgy but good, I'll never understand why hit the floor and nobody's listening got the privilege to be on the album. 

Yeah Meteora is a meh record, somewhere I belong, Faint, breaking the habit were all solid songs, the rest is just to appease the fans and is a continuation of what they did. I'll never understand why they dropped off healing foot. 

I'm not the world’s biggest fan of meteora myself (ATS is my favorite), but Christ you come off as an incredibly miserable person. Lighten up. 

1 hour ago, Awalkinthelinkinpark said:

It's almost like this is a fan site where people discuss the band, and part of the discussion of said band is unreleased music, and Meteora is the current topic considering they're releasing a boxset. As for people wanting a joke song, get over yourself and let other people enjoy things without you whining.

6 hours ago, KolusLP said:

Nahhhhh don't worry dude, we appreciate your efforts. As for the mistakes... Well, you can see that this forums are full of failed predictions, fights over it, business as usual 🤣

2 hours ago, HFL377 said:

Chester's Pictureboard that was on HT20 was the Xero instrumental from 1998 with Chester's vocals recorded in 1999 so it is from 1999, what they are referring to is the version they recorded for the actual Hybrid Theory album in 2000 according to Jeff Blue. They also recorded drums at least for Slip, Stick N Move, and And One during the Hybrid Theory sessions. 

While we don't have that Slip and And One, the Stick N Move on Hybrid Theory 20 is most likely from the NRG sessions in early 2000.

1 hour ago, LPLStaff said:

While we don't have that Slip and And One, the Stick N Move on Hybrid Theory 20 is most likely from the NRG sessions in early 2000.

Carousel (included on the box set) and Part of Me (not included) post EP were also from those early 2000 NRG sessions?

So Resolution is as close to Wizard Song being released as we're gonna get? I am fine with that tbh.

Also its cool to read that Mike was already singing. I know we got him singing lots from MTM going forward but I remember when we got So Far Away it was quite a surprise

So stoked to read all of this @LPAAltwireDerek Keep up the good work!