Altwire Exclusive: Meteora|20 Review

LPLStaff

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, LPAAltwireDerek said:

I'm not the world’s biggest fan of meteora myself (ATS is my favorite), but Christ you come off as an incredibly miserable person. Lighten up. 

Yeah that's true lmao. 

19 hours ago, HFL377 said:

It's almost like this is a fan site where people discuss the band, and part of the discussion of said band is unreleased music, and Meteora is the current topic considering they're releasing a boxset. As for people wanting a joke song, get over yourself and let other people enjoy things without you whining.

The only guy who literally wants that one joke song that the band showed once in that one making of is the same guy who I don't know, doesn't need to say it every chance they get while also shitting on the bands actual good records like a thousand sun's for being "poppy shit" so really I have no idea what you're talking about. 

Actually now that an old article came up saying "nocturnal" is an eclectic track like breaking the habit, I really wonder what that is like. 

9 minutes ago, Awalkinthelinkinpark said:

The only guy who literally wants that one joke song that the band showed once in that one making of is the same guy who I don't know, doesn't need to say it every chance they get while also shitting on the bands actual good records like a thousand sun's for being "poppy shit" so really I have no idea what you're talking about. 

He's not the only one who wants it, though. Yes it's a joke song, but it's one of their funniest, and if it exists in recorded form it would be great to have.

Points for saying ATS is one of their good records though, ATS = God Tier.

21 hours ago, Hybrider said:

Meteora is the best record they ever did! The discussion in these threads and the hype are the evidence.

🙄 
I think it's a bad measure to use discussions on a fan site to gauge the quality of a record .HT20 had the same hype and discussion, and it's safe to say M2M20 will have it as well. Yes, Meteora was a great album, but it's not the best they've done. Just because they changed their sound afterwards doesn't make the other albums bad. I would say that there are about 5-6 songs on M2M and ATS that are better than some of the songs on Meteora. But that's just imo. Doesn't mean the Meteora songs are bad, it just speaks to the talent that the band has with writing songs. 

2 minutes ago, rsw2010 said:

🙄 
I think it's a bad measure to use discussions on a fan site to gauge the quality of a record .HT20 had the same hype and discussion, and it's safe to say M2M20 will have it as well. Yes, Meteora was a great album, but it's not the best they've done. Just because they changed their sound afterwards doesn't make the other albums bad. I would say that there are about 5-6 songs on M2M and ATS that are better than some of the songs on Meteora. But that's just imo. Doesn't mean the Meteora songs are bad, it just speaks to the talent that the band has with writing songs. 

Well said. Couldn't agree more.

11 hours ago, rd1994 said:

So Resolution is as close to Wizard Song being released as we're gonna get? I am fine with that tbh.

Also its cool to read that Mike was already singing. I know we got him singing lots from MTM going forward but I remember when we got So Far Away it was quite a surprise

So stoked to read all of this @LPAAltwireDerek Keep up the good work!

Mike was rapping in Resolution.

13 hours ago, rsw2010 said:

🙄 

That's you who likes MTM and ATS songs more than Meteora. Maybe there are better songs than in Meteora. For example I like Across The Line more than Breaking The Habbit. But I don't see any better song. It's all about preferences who likes what. And definitely I won't be so excited like I am now, when there will be box sets for other albums.

A6 definitely seems earlier than A-Six and of course A.06 came last. It's very raw so this must be one of the earliest versions that exists. Would like to hear Chester on it one day, he was so familiar with it he even commented on it publicly about the track (saying they used it for Meteora promo in late 2002 in a commercial).

My takes on the 3 "new" songs I heard on Sirius XM (Reddit):

- A.06: very raw, cool to have some rap vocals there, but i was kinda bummed by the lack of Chester on it. Good stuff anyway.

- Massive: blown away, if the vocals in the chorus were higher in the mix would be phenomenal, instrumentally is SUPER interesting.

- Husky: cool rap, good to have an alternative take like we got on Faint and Figure 09 LPU demos. Nothing I'm freaking out for but it's cool

Cannot wait for the rest  

24 minutes ago, STRANGELOVE92 said:

My takes on the 3 "new" songs I heard on Sirius XM (Reddit):

- A.06: very raw, cool to have some rap vocals there, but i was kinda bummed by the lack of Chester on it. Good stuff anyway.

- Massive: blown away, if the vocals in the chorus were higher in the mix would be phenomenal, instrumentally is SUPER interesting.

- Husky: cool rap, good to have an alternative take like we got on Faint and Figure 09 LPU demos. Nothing I'm freaking out for but it's cool

Cannot wait for the rest  

Shifter just leaked on reddit, check it out