"Lost" Alternate Reality Version - Music Video

LPLStaff

Keeping with tradition, Linkin Park has released their second music video for "Lost", this time an alternate reality version based on the Meteora art day and more. Check it out exclusively on Meta (Facebook).

In the later stages of their career, LP has kept to their tradition of releasing multiple videos for singles, from "Heavy" to "Talking to Myself" and "One More Light" and now with "Lost."

23 minutes ago, Vinescence said:

They have geoblocked it. "Nice" move from a band that love to say they have the best fans in the world.

That was one hundred percent a label issue or a rights issue. There's no way somebody in the band said "fuck everybody else" and released it as a US exclusive.

I doubt that anyone in the band was involved in such a decision and I would hope they sort it out sooner than later.

But jesus christ, the promo phase for M20 is just full of errors and small mistakes. I am not complaining about the content we are getting, which is great, but the presentation and attention to detail has been horrible. Like don't they have some sort of quality assurance? I am really worried about the packages we will get in April, especially after the HT20 fiasco.

3 minutes ago, vinifeijo said:

i remember LITE had a unique music video release too... it had something with our facebook pictures appearing as the pictures the actors are holding in the video.

The only bad thing about LITE was not having the band showing up at some point.

yeah not getting an energetic video for LITE was weird, I'd have liked to see Mike rap and Chester scream the "let you gooo" on the bridge with some weird dark imagery like BID or UIG videos, like do an alternative video to the interactive one

29 minutes ago, Coizu said:

I doubt that anyone in the band was involved in such a decision and I would hope they sort it out sooner than later.

But jesus christ, the promo phase for M20 is just full of errors and small mistakes. I am not complaining about the content we are getting, which is great, but the presentation and attention to detail has been horrible. Like don't they have some sort of quality assurance? I am really worried about the packages we will get in April, especially after the HT20 fiasco.

What errors and mistakes are you talking about?

I probably like it a bit more than the official music video. I am not a huge fan of neither of the versions but this one is kinda cool. Meteora vibes are more palpable here. In the official video I don't like it that there are a lot of stuff included that is completely unrelated to Meteora like New Divide or Fine music videos. It ruins the experience for me. Also, the scenes in which Chester is presented singing are out of sync comparing to the vocals. These are two main reasons I don't like the official video. Here there are no such problems as it shows more aspects such as Meteora art design and the band's members in photoshoots, etc. I don't know why it focuses so much on Mike though, probably just an AI thing. Summing up, I would say that I don't like neither of the videos but this one is more tolerable in general.

4 hours ago, solidss said:

What errors and mistakes are you talking about?

- the original leak on the warner store

- the delay of pretty much everything

- the computer thing that had the weirdest story line while the whole thing was buggy

- accidental "Instrumental" on the tracklisting on Session printed on the merch

- the cover art that was published with the "Frontside" (or whatever the wording was) still being visible

- "Mark Fiore Meteora Awesome" placeholder on the discs on the product pictures instead of "Work in Progress" (got partially fixed by now)

- publishing the video geoblocked (which seems like it got fixed now)

And that's just the things I can think of from the top of my head. I probably forgot a couple of things already.

It’s nice but to be honest I don’t understand why releasing 2 videos that are pretty similar to each other. I don’t dislike any of the 2, but I’d have preferred 2 different videos, like one showing live footage from that era or stuff like that and one in this style. Anyway, it’s nice 

56 minutes ago, Coizu said:

- the computer thing that had the weirdest story line while the whole thing was buggy

- the cover art that was published with the "Frontside" (or whatever the wording was) still being visible

- "Mark Fiore Meteora Awesome" placeholder on the discs on the product pictures instead of "Work in Progress" (got partially fixed by now)

And that's just the things I can think of from the top of my head. I probably forgot a couple of things already.

That's a lot of mistakes for sure, I hope that they get all the kinks worked out and fixed before the box set is released as I will be quite disappointed if there are mistakes in the box set itself.

1 hour ago, Coizu said:

It doesn't really matter considering that Lost is so freaking huge and LP is back in the map.

I dig this. Feels like an actual music video rather than being in the vein of Guilty All the Same or Lost in the Echo where it's like "hey here's a thing we did for the sake of experimenting with an extremely specific tech idea."

3 hours ago, Coizu said:

Any bets about more printing mistakes with the next boxset

Some stuff is on the band for not paying attention to details like Instrumentals on the shirts, titles of the DVD and placeholder text on the graphics, and the LPTVs being the wrong versions, but the Lost video stuff has nothing to do with them. No way they'd know ahead of time Facebook screwed the video with geo restrictions and even while some USA people could see it, others had it completely muted in the USA. So that's completely on Facebook. The LP team/Warner (Ana) got it fixed really quickly.

Overall, the excitement of Lost, the epic box set, and more are way, way bigger than any of these small mistakes. Surely the box set isn't printed with the placeholder text. The DVD title, LPTVs, etc can be fixed ahead of time digitally. It's an extremely exciting time.

8 hours ago, blackout said:

I probably like it a bit more than the official music video. I am not a huge fan of neither of the versions but this one is kinda cool. Meteora vibes are more palpable here. In the official video I don't like it that there are a lot of stuff included that is completely unrelated to Meteora like New Divide or Fine music videos. It ruins the experience for me. Also, the scenes in which Chester is presented singing are out of sync comparing to the vocals. These are two main reasons I don't like the official video. Here there are no such problems as it shows more aspects such as Meteora art design and the band's members in photoshoots, etc. I don't know why it focuses so much on Mike though, probably just an AI thing. Summing up, I would say that I don't like neither of the videos but this one is more tolerable in general.

You are reading my thoughts. 👆🏻

4 hours ago, Hybrider said:

You are reading my thoughts. 👆🏻

Great to hear that! 😄

9 hours ago, Astat said:

I dig this. Feels like an actual music video rather than being in the vein of Guilty All the Same or Lost in the Echo where it's like "hey here's a thing we did for the sake of experimenting with an extremely specific tech idea."

I agree with that 100%

13 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

Overall, the excitement of Lost, the epic box set, and more are way, way bigger than any of these small mistakes. Surely the box set isn't printed with the placeholder text. The DVD title, LPTVs, etc can be fixed ahead of time digitally. It's an extremely exciting time.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't want to shit on everything and complain. I am as excited for this whole thing as everyone else on here. I am also just really worried that we get a similar situation as with the HT20 where an otherwise amazing release is going to be tainted with unnecessary problems.

1 hour ago, Coizu said:

Don't get me wrong, I didn't want to shit on everything and complain. I am as excited for this whole thing as everyone else on here. I am also just really worried that we get a similar situation as with the HT20 where an otherwise amazing release is going to be tainted with unnecessary problems.

I have a feeling that's the exact reason on why they pushed the release date for it from March 24th to April 7th. They want to avoid something like that happening again.