Mike Shinoda: "In the studio working" / "Doing secret things on secret projects"

LPLStaff

On his Lens account, Mike posted the following message:

"Hey friends. Haven't been on social media much lately. I've been:

-in the studio working on music for myself and friends
-working on a new and improved mikeshinoda.com that integrates with ziggurates.xyz (with token gated features)
-spending time with family and friends
-doing secret things on secret projects"

This adds to what he said on Discord recently:

Mike Shinoda: "I feel like 2023 is going to be an exciting year"
B_Modz: "Meteora 20th?"
Mike Shinoda: "that's certainly one reason"
Northwest: "AYO LEAKING A NEW ALBUM??"
Mike Shinoda: "Not a new album, but there will be things that are...of interest to you"

So - while confirming that Linkin Park will celebrate the Meteora 20th anniversary this year, he is hinting at something else with the "secret projects" and "things that are... of interest to you" comments. Mike has been notably absent from social media lately as he said, so there is some point to him starting some hype with these comments.

What do you think he's referring to? New solo music? A possible Linkin Park song?

it really is a mystery, we all expected only meteora 20th until lpu email last december.
when they mentioned "exciting stuff".

I really can't imagine what else is to come.
"Secret things on secret projects" I think is very likely something MIKE related. but since it's not a new album, could it be something that involves the LP?
a possible meeting? or short tour?

24 minutes ago, thigolpbr said:

it really is a mystery, we all expected only meteora 20th until lpu email last december.
when they mentioned "exciting stuff".

I really can't imagine what else is to come.
"Secret things on secret projects" I think is very likely something MIKE related. but since it's not a new album, could it be something that involves the LP?
a possible meeting? or short tour?

I think Meteora 20 will be announced (whenever that is) then the Mike related (thing (if that's the case) will come sometime after the announcement. I'm thinking something like that will happen, though, who knows, lol.

20 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Sembra che potrebbe essere correlato all'LP con lui che lo menziona come "nessun nuovo album MA ...." dopo aver menzionato Meteora. 

I thought the same and I really hope with all my heart that they are planning something musically new. No matter if it's something minor than an album

That is Mike´s style of teasing things :) I think that will be a single what he said that he has one song with Chester that is great and he will release that when the time will come. I think that is here or single with new Linkin Park song with the new singer or his solo project :) 

1 hour ago, LPsMart said:

Bet ya, secret project and "not a new album" both just mean Meteora20 and maybe 2023 mixes on old songs.

Spoiler

2023 mixes on old unreleased songs? 👀

Edited by NJPLP

On 1/18/2023 at 10:57 PM, LPsMart said:

Bet ya, secret project and "not a new album" both just mean Meteora20 and maybe 2023 mixes on old songs.

My bet too.

Spoiler

If track 15 is ''Lost (2002 mix)'' it smells like the single version (track 1) will have something else... 

👀

17 hours ago, Trumtram said:

One thing I want to add here: We never had an official band biography. Maybe something like this is in the works. Maybe even an official documentary about the band? I would welcome both these things.

I think MTV: The Ride is the closest we got. But since there is the JB book, the Hybrid Odyssee and all the making ofs/LPTV episodes - not sure if there is need for one.

I'd be down tho, someone ask Fiore 😀