One Step Closer (100 Gecs Reanimation)

lpliveusername

It looks like the celebration of the 20th anniversary of Hybrid Theory isn't over yet. Linkin Park has just unleashed a brand new remix of their debut single 'One Step Closer.' The track was reinterpreted by Dylan Brady and Laura Les of hyper pop duo 100 gecs. Mike Shinoda said:

“Part of the spirit of Reanimation was to take the Hybrid Theory songs that people knew so well, and let innovative artists flip them in ways nobody expected… I think 100 gecs did exactly that.”

Mike remixed a 100 gecs track live on Twitch on January 6, so we should expect a second collaboration in the future.

Wall Of Sound reports this 'One Step Closer' remix is only the first in a series of remixes from different artists to come.

On September 9th last year, our staff member PeppePark noted Mike Shinoda was working on a remix of 'Papercut' which is yet to be released.

1 hour ago, Coizu said:

11/10. Perfect remix. 

Some people take things way too serious. Sometimes you just have to have some fun.

+1

the way Mike shared this earlier, could mean something. after few listens, the remix is great as it is. just enjoy it. no harm. 

ms.jpg

8 minutes ago, RYG4R said:

Is this an unreleased reanimation track from 2002? or just remixed recently and slapped with Reanimation in the title just to sound cool?

It's recent hyperpop and 100 gecs didn't exist back when Linkin Park did Reanimation. All upcoming remixes should be very recent.

4 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

It's recent hyperpop and 100 gecs didn't exist back when Linkin Park did Reanimation. All upcoming remixes should be very recent.

that's why it suck. I hate this kind of tune. embarrassing to be a "LINKIN PARK" track. it's more of a parody park.

1 hour ago, lpliveusername said:

And there goes my hope for My December Team Sleep remix. Anyway, its great we're getting new music. I'll take anything we're getting.

this gonna be like how "MMM.. Cookies" getting backlash when it released but right now, people love the EP much. if Mike has to explain bout the remix, surely he's aware bout the feedback of the remix. "One man trash is another man's treasure."

ms-oscremix.png

This is the first time in well over a year I'm happy to be old now.  I feel no need to get all bent out of shape over this remix.  I say this because if this were between like '06-'14 I would've thrashed this hard.  Hopefully there are many more to come.  I'm glad they keep trickling stuff out here and there or I honestly don't know what I'd do.

I dont know if the comparisons with mmm.cookies can stand, or even with other remixes. Like, not only the style used doesnt do the song any justice at all, but it literally murders every good part of it, adding cringy vocals, upbeat stuff and an overall wtf am i listening to sensation.

If it wasnt for the Linkin Park name on it i might have gone harder but gotta show some respect to the boys.

The fact that Mike had to intervene, twice, says a lot about it