One Step Closer (100 Gecs Reanimation)

lpliveusername

6 hours ago, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

Better than Prove You Wrong, Ghosts, Welcome and Open Door, even tho those were meant to be serious songs🙃

Dude you must really dislike those specific songs. This isn't the first time I've seen you compare these songs, specifically, as a way to say something else is better. Lol

7 hours ago, Justin said:

Dude you must really dislike those specific songs. This isn't the first time I've seen you compare these songs, specifically, as a way to say something else is better. Lol

Yeah 😂 but on the other side this remix is not the shit some people think it is. After some spins it’s fun, it’s pretty similar to that BMTH song with Babymetal in a certain sense. 
About the songs I mentioned, I’m not hating on those songs or Mike obviously, the PT EP and stuff like Promises I can’t keep or IOU are great, and I even like Invisible and WAYW a lot, but those songs sound to my ears so underwritten and cheesy, like that PYW chorus, I hate it 

Edited by PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92

It's just a remix, and it's not a big deal like a part of something big like Reanimation or Recharged. I don't care that much. It was a fun one. Most of the remixes for rock/metal songs these days are awful, but this one sounded fine to me. If they keep putting out new remixes, it's gonna be a great opportunity for a lot of artists to be introduced to people via Linkin Park, and I totally support that.

5 hours ago, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

After some spins it’s fun, it’s pretty similar to that BMTH song with Babymetal in a certain sense.

I get what you mean by that, there are some obvious similarities with the vocals. However, BMTH's song with Babymetal is a production masterpiece!

22 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

I wonder if this will be one of the remixes:

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1334979810116870144

I don't think it will. I guess it was just something with added sound effects to make it feel like a trailer song. There are things like this in almost every movie or game trailer.

12 minutes ago, NimaLP said:

It's just a remix, and it's not a big deal like a part of something big like Reanimation or Recharged. I don't care that much. It was a fun one. Most of the remixes for rock/metal songs these days are awful, but this one sounded fine to me. If they keep putting out new remixes, it's gonna be a great opportunity for a lot of artists to be introduced to people via Linkin Park, and I totally support that.

I get what you mean by that, there are some obvious similarities with the vocals. However, BMTH's song with Babymetal is a production masterpiece!

I don't think it will. I guess it was just something with added sound effects to make it feel like a trailer song. There are things like this in almost every movie or game trailer.

Yeah Kingslayer is amazing 

WallOfSound:

Additional remixes from other artists are in the works so this is the start of what’s to come!

Official Warner Info:

Additional remakes from other disruptors are in the works and could very well materialize soon. Stay tuned for more as the next era of LINKIN PARK dawns now.

I'm curious how that works, if WallOfSound received the same info (at this point the same PDF with the info from the label) and they just changed the sentence a little bit.

On 1/10/2021 at 8:24 AM, Razorkvn said:

It doesn't matter who you are. Boomer or zoomer. It's just a boring and not interesting remix

'93 born child here. I mainly prefer Reanimation over Recharged but I would be too dumb to not appreciate Money Mark's remix, probably my favorite of the album, also I might be one of the few people that liked Mike's remixes from the late 2000s, such as Gold Guns Girls or Death to Analog.

On 1/8/2021 at 7:43 PM, Cesar656 said:

The fact that Mike had to intervene, twice, says a lot about it

It says a lot about you guys taking this extremely seriously.

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

On 1/9/2021 at 10:04 PM, RogueSoul said:

this remix has really weeded out the boomers of this forum :P

I had literally never heard of 100 Gecs before this remix. If that makes me a boomer, so be it lol.

It's better than most of Recharged, which has some amazing remixes (IBG, STB, UIB, Victimized) that are ultimately brought down by the fact that they share an album with some really boring and generic remixes.

15 minutes ago, Justin said:

I had literally never heard of 100 Gecs before this remix. If that makes me a boomer, so be it lol.

It's better than most of Recharged, which has some amazing remixes (IBG, STB, UIB, Victimized) that are ultimately brought down by the fact that they share an album with some really boring and generic remixes.

Totally agree on this. I mean, I might forget about this remix in months but it’s not THAT bad. Definitely better than Recharged remixes of songs like Powerless or LITE or LGM (yikes) 

• 1 month later...