"LP8" Thread

LPLStaff

General thread for a potential 8th Linkin Park studio album, if the band does end up releasing one.
Collecting everything here - post any relevant news, topics, quotes, discussion, etc. in this thread.

- January 25, 2018 via Twitter:
"I have every intention on continuing with LP, and the guys feel the same. We have a lot of rebuilding to do, and questions to answer, so it’ll take time." -Mike

- April 15, 2019 via Yonhap News:
"And… Now the band has started talking about making new music together." ((("Will Linkin Park come back?"))) -> "Maybe in about 10 years? (Laughs) It might be sooner. I don't want to set a deadline. We just want to focus on the present and talk about music. We aren't discussing detailed plans. I just want to go back to those days when I made music in the garage." -Joe

- April 19, 2020 via Instagram Live (LAFC):
"We're not done. Band wise  or team wise, we're not done. [...] Band wise, we are always kind of writing, we are always working on new music. Right now, with what's going on in the international situation, we're a little bit on pause on all that." -Phoenix

- April 21, 2020 via Facebook Live (Dan Really Likes Wine):
"So at this point, globally, we are all doing a version of the same thing. For us with the band, we have been writing before this all started. Casually at this point we are doing Zoom meetings to eat lunch together and say hi. But we are not able to get together and write or do that whole bit. We're working at home a little bit, working up ideas. I've been playing a lot of drums just to do something new. I've been doing that for the last year, year and a half, and I've been purposely making as much noise as possible to create my own space in the house." -Phoenix 

- May 29, 2020 via Twitch:
"Someone is asking if Linkin Park is over. That's a deep question man. As far as I know, Linkin Park is not over. But Linkin Park is also in quarantine, like everybody else." -Mike

- October 23, 2020 via Spin:
“When asked if Linkin Park are working on new songs for their eighth studio record, Delson smiled widely — knowingly. “I think everything is open,” he explained. “Certainly, a lot is undefined, but I think the possibility is wide open.” -Brad

- October 2020 via Space Shower TV:
"We can see each other over Zoom. We've actually been doing some really cool press for this Hybrid Theory release, so... While I haven't been with those guys in person recently, in this kinda way we can be together."  -Brad

- October 26, 2021 via Tuna on Toast with Stryker:
“For me, I’m like, ok physically I could still tour. That part’s good. Hopefully that doesn’t change any time soon. But now is not the time [for the band's return]. [...] We don’t have the focus on it. We don’t have the math worked out. And I don’t mean that by financially math, I mean that like emotional and creative math. [...] Our bar for like, the threshold for what would be acceptable is high. Just like always. For our band, anything that we do, it’s like it’s gotta be, it’s gotta clear a certain bar. So there’s no, nothing has cleared the bar." -Mike

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 6:47 AM, Razorkvn said:

LPU21 🤷‍♂️

On 10/11/2021 at 9:12 AM, DIE4U92 said:

With 12 demos of Points of Authority with slightly different lyrics in the rap part. Yeeeah 

I was thinking Ashes, Turn To Grey, Deftest, Slip (Xero Demo), Carousel (Xero Demo), Step Up (Xero Demo), Pointillism, Stick N Move (1998 Xero Demo), stuff like that.

1 hour ago, NJPLP said:

I was thinking Ashes, Turn To Grey, Deftest, Slip (Xero Demo), Carousel (Xero Demo), Step Up (Xero Demo), Pointillism, Stick N Move (1998 Xero Demo), stuff like that.

Yeah i was kidding, obviously your picks would be cool 

Every day I come to this site hoping to see signs of Linkin Park doing anything. It's cool that Mike is doing all kinds of stuff but I'd like to see what these five could do together. Even a live show or something would be nice. I miss Linkin Park.

3 hours ago, leftshoe18 said:

Every day I come to this site hoping to see signs of Linkin Park doing anything. It's cool that Mike is doing all kinds of stuff but I'd like to see what these five could do together. Even a live show or something would be nice. I miss Linkin Park.

Yeah dude actually Mike needs the rest of the guys there's a huge gap in terms of quality of his solo stuff and LP stuff.