Phoenix joins the LAFC IG Live: "LP is always working on new music"

LPLStaff

On April 19th, Phoenix made a last minute appearance on the LAFC Instagram Live for half an hour to discuss soccer, touring, and more.

Phoenix explained that he didn't understand the geography of England, but more specifically, didn't know the rivalries of soccer there until he started touring Europe with Linkin Park. He had some funny stories about playing in London, growing up recording soccer games on his VCR, etc. Phoenix's wife makes a quick appearance and Phoenix explains how he first got into LAFC.

Of course everyone wants to know what is going on with Linkin Park. Phoenix says "band wise, we are always kind of writing, we are always working on new music. Right now, with what's going on in the international situation, we're a little bit on pause with all that. In addition, me and Mark and a good friend of ours Brendan Steele have got our own podcast called Member Guest which anyone can check out. It's loosely music and golf-based. But it covers a lot of other things as well, it covers a lot of soccer. So that's what we've got going on."

1 hour ago, Subs said:

Not trying to be a dick, Im just against LP returning and OML seems to be the fitting final album. Thats what i meant.

but you just did bro. you expecting LP is dead and Grey Daze will be continue the legacy of LP? not even close. 

4 hours ago, JZLP said:

Generic as fuck

better than Amends. sorry.

Edited by Stranger

1 hour ago, Stranger said:

but you just did bro. you expecting LP is dead and Grey Daze will be continue the legacy of LP? not even close. 

better than Amends. sorry.

1) I was just trying to clarify what i said

2) WTF you on about GD for ? whats that got to do with anything

My feelings on LP has nothing to do with GD. More about OML being the fitting final album with chester and that there isnt an LP without chester

Edited by Subs

25 minutes ago, Subs said:

1) I was just trying to clarify what i said

2) WTF you on about GD for ? whats that got to do with anything

My feelings on LP has nothing to do with GD. More about OML being the fitting final album with chester and that there isnt an LP without chester

the way you clarify is nonsense. you make it seems like LP = Chester and when Chester's gone, LP should gone too. do you think bout the other bandmates that working hard before? no, i dont think you care.

everyone knows that you and JZLP always the one who thinks GD is god and everything they did is perfect. whatever Mike did nowadays is considered trash to JZLP. 

4 hours ago, Subs said:

Not trying to be a dick, Im just against LP returning and OML seems to be the fitting final album. Thats what i meant.

It'll always be their final album with Chester, their final chapter with him.

We can't suddenly expect them to end their career as a band because of something that didn't involve them. They had no choice over what ended up happening with the band. 

Just now, Hahninator said:

We can't suddenly expect them to end their career as a band because of something that didn't involve them. They had no choice over what ended up happening with the band. 

Its a crappy situation no doubt I dont blame them.

I just cant see them as LP without Chester anymore. I just cant. I also love OML and given what happened with Chester it seems the perfect finale.

Then again im still grieving over Chester, my emotions are all over the place with LP

4 hours ago, Hahninator said:

THIS.

I'm reading too many weird things all over the Internet, so this will be extended as general speech.

Only the actual members of the band know what's best for themselves and Linkin Park.
It's their life, their music, their career, their band.

Everyone is free to agree with their choices or not, but no one should judge what's "right" or "wrong" or what makes Linkin Park or not.
Because that's not up to us.

"This isn't Linkin Park, they're dead, there's no Linkin Park anymore, they should quit, they should change the name", blah blah blah.

Same concept that many didn't understand everytime they changed sound, you can like it or not, but sentences like these are so bad.
Just because you don't like something it doesn't mean that if the band does something different they're not that band anymore.
You can dislike something without pretending to know what's best for something that doesn't belong to you.

We can only choose between continuing to support them or just ignore whatever they'll do, it's that easy.

Personally I've always been so optimistic and confident about their future and I'm ready for what's next.
It won't be the same thing, neither should it be.
I'm ready for the next chapter.

Edited by PeppePark

24 minutes ago, PeppePark said:

THIS.

I'm reading too many weird things all over the Internet, so this will be extended as general speech.

Only the actual members of the band know what's best for themselves and Linkin Park.
It's their life, their music, their career, their band.

Everyone is free to agree with their choices or not, but no one should judge what's "right" or "wrong" or what makes Linkin Park or not.
Because that's not up to us.

"This isn't Linkin Park, they're dead, there's no Linkin Park anymore, they should quit, they should change the name", blah blah blah.

Same concept that many didn't understand everytime they changed sound, you can like it or not, but sentences like these are so bad.
Just because you don't like something it doesn't mean that if the band does something different they're not that band anymore.
You can dislike something without pretending to know what's best for something that doesn't belong to you.

We can only choose between continuing to support them or just ignore whatever they'll do, it's that easy.

Personally I always was so optimistic and confident about their future and I'm ready for what's next.
It won't be the same thing, neither should it be.
I'm ready for the next chapter.

The band can do what they like or think as can all us fans. When I say it isnt LP anymore, im only saying it because Chester was part of LP and he is gone so even they are LP in name its not the full band anymore.

Phoenix's comments in the stream are pretty applicable to this thread.

"We're not done. We're not done. Band-wise, or team-wise, we're not done. The chip on your shoulder comes from the fact that anybody who has any type of success has met with that exact same adversity. You can't get to any spot of success without people telling you either what you're doing is wrong or you're doing it incorrectly or that it'll never work. If you get to that space where you rise above & push past that, you're going to remember that and hopefully it fuels you."