Joe Hahn: Linkin Park Discussing Making New Music

LPLStaff

From our friends at LinkinPark:BR :

Joe has given a lengthy interview with Yonhap News. He discusses Linkin Park, Korea, and a lot of other topics. The full interview can be read here.

- Going back to the topic of Linkin Park, I'm sure it's really hard, but you can tell me how you felt finding out about Chester?

"He was our best friend. I miss him. The members are taking care of themselves and their families and are going through the problems in their own way. And… Now the band has started talking about making new music together."

- Will Linkin Park come back?

"Maybe in about 10 years? (Laughs) It might be sooner. I don't want to set a deadline. We just want to focus on the present and talk about music. We aren't discussing detailed plans. I just want to go back to those days when I made music in the garage."

- If you do end up making new music, who would fill in for Chester's vocals? Are you considering taking an external recruit or one of the other members?

"All possibilities are open."

- I was told that you're preparing a photo exhibition for Linkin Park.

"That's right. On our last tour, I took the camera and took pictures of the members. When I was performing, I took a pictures of all the guys. Sort of like a time capsule. It will open in Beijing, China and Shanghai, three cities from the 27th April to the 3rd of May. I would like to exhibit in Korea, but I haven't found a proper place yet."

Nothing really new from what Mike said a few months ago. Guess time will eventually tell. I think they will end up getting a new frontman and making music and touring again maybe in the next year or two. Personally I would prefer them to just continue as a 5 piece and make music together like they always did. They could easily make new music doing that and the tour would be epic just like Mike’s tours have been but to a larger scale. I don’t really like the idea of them getting a new frontman and replacing Chaz but it seems like it might happen. Can’t fault them for wanting to do that. 

While still not groundbreaking news, I think this is a new step in the journey. All prior interviews were just saying they wanted to keep making music, but in this one he says that "Now the band has started talking about making new music together."  The new info sounds more active than the previous ones.

Thanx for the update, we are waiting for your return! 

And nobody could replace Chester, I doubt any of us will accept another vocalist on his place, no matter how tallented he would be. 

Take care guys, love and support!