Found another image of Xero performing at Backside Records in 1998

c3bebuilder

16 minutes ago, Coizu said:

Oh wow, amazing find. That picture gives us a date of the performance: 1998.6.24

Would you mind sharing how exactly you found the picture? Did you just go through all image results for "Backside Records"?

We were going to post this image later this year. It was in a 2014 article about the store. The image has been removed since then but you can still find it on a snapshot in the web archive. The store used to have this photo on their wall. Both photos are from the same show. Lots of well known artists performed in this place, including System Of A Down.

33 minutes ago, Zoom said:

Wow! Cool find! 👍
Who is on bass? Andrew Lanoie?

Phoenix. He bleached his hair. You can see it in the Run Joseph Run music video.

12 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

Phoenix.

Phoenix with blonde hair? Here he is with the black ones.

382VV.jpg

12 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

He bleached his hair. You can see it in the Run Joseph Run music video.

OK.

35 minutes ago, Coizu said:

Oh wow, amazing find. That picture gives us a date of the performance: 1998.6.24

Would you mind sharing how exactly you found the picture? Did you just go through all image results for "Backside Records"?

Yes I googled "Backside records" on google then clicked images and found it 

It used to be on this post but image was dead https://www.laweekly.com/what-the-hell-happened-to-backside-records/ but google still saved it. This post/image has been up since 2014

Phoenix in this hair colour looks crazy. 😂 I actually find this era of the band very interesting. I know I've said it a thousand times already but I'd love to see a video from Xero performance one day. There would be an interesting setlist, for sure. Maybe Pictureboard or Dialate live. 

43 minutes ago, blackout said:

I'd love to see a video from Xero performance one day. There would be an interesting setlist, for sure. Maybe Pictureboard or Dialate live.

Will be released on "Hybrid Theory (40th Anniversary Edition)" with 'Pooch Pound' demo. 😄

• 2 weeks later...

I love this photo because it confirms once and for all that Phoenix and Rob were playing live with Xero. Joe, Mark, Mike, Rob, Brad, Phoenix. Pretty good band lineup. We will definitely add a show page for this. People said with the first photo that it looks like Rhinestone was being played?

Just now, hahninator said:

I love this photo because it confirms once and for all that Phoenix and Rob were playing live with Xero. Joe, Mark, Mike, Rob, Brad, Phoenix. Pretty good band lineup. We will definitely add a show page for this. People said with the first photo that it looks like Rhinestone was being played?

Yeah because of brads hand position on the guitar or something