Linkin Park Radio on SiriusXM

LPLStaff

From SiriusXM:

"SiriusXM’s Turbo (ch. 41) will become “Linkin Park Radio,” to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the band’s milestone debut studio album, Hybrid Theory.

Linkin Park Radio will feature the stories behind the influential and top-selling album, as well as music spanning the band’s entire career, including demos, rarities, remixes, live tracks and solo music.

Listeners can expect to hear personal anecdotes from the band members and music from artists hand-picked by them. Mike Shinoda will also guide listeners on Pandora through the band’s Hybrid Theory and break down each track with Pandora Stories: Linkin Park on ‘Hybrid Theory’ at 20. This will all lead up to the October 9 release of Hybrid Theory: 20th Anniversary Edition on Warner Records.

Linkin Park Radio will launch on SiriusXM’s Turbo (ch. 41) on Monday, October 5 at 12:00 p.m. ET through October 11, and continue on channel 717 on the SiriusXM app and web player only, on October 12 through October 18. Fans can now immerse themselves in an exclusive 24/7 Linkin Park experience by simply tuning in."

3 minutes ago, berryaaron11 said:

Okay, so the song Rhinestone DOES infact have Mark Wakefield on vocals, and it IS the 1998 Zomba version as well.

Unfortunately not...

"SHINODA: “Forgotten” was the other one that started as a demo with me and Mark. That one was called “Rhinestone” at the time."

"As a side note, with the Hybrid Theory 20 release, we didn’t mix or re-mix any of the songs. It’s just a mastered version of the original cassette demo."

I hope Mike's wrong....

1 minute ago, EgorN said:

Unfortunately not...

"SHINODA: “Forgotten” was the other one that started as a demo with me and Mark. That one was called “Rhinestone” at the time."

"As a side note, with the Hybrid Theory 20 release, we didn’t mix or re-mix any of the songs. It’s just a mastered version of the original cassette demo."

I hope Mike's wrong....

They played on Sirius and is the Zomba version

What about Stick N Move?

12 hours ago, berryaaron11 said:

Okay, so the song Rhinestone DOES infact have Mark Wakefield on vocals, and it IS the 1998 Zomba version as well.

12 hours ago, Diaux said:

They played on Sirius and is the Zomba version

I heard that Rhinestone is the Xero Demo Tape version, not the Zomba! New Music Sampler 1999 version.

15 minutes ago, berryaaron11 said:

Then why did the Zomba! New Music Sampler version with Mark Wakefield on vocals get played on the Linkin Park radio last night?

On Genius, lawrenceskm said he heard the Xero Demo Tape version, not the Zomba Music Sampler version.

He said and I quote "I’ve listened to the Sirius XM radio premiere of the song and the one that played was the Tape version, not the studio 1998 version. Both Reading My Eyes and Rhinestone are from the tape."

1 hour ago, NJPLP said:

On Genius, lawrenceskm said he heard the Xero Demo Tape version, not the Zomba Music Sampler version.

He said and I quote "I’ve listened to the Sirius XM radio premiere of the song and the one that played was the Tape version, not the studio 1998 version. Both Reading My Eyes and Rhinestone are from the tape."

Could it have been a mistake? Because i heard the Zomba version play on the radio last night, i even recorded it when it played last night. I can send the recording to you that i recorded last night if you want

Edited by berryaaron11

Did they play Reading My Eyes on the radio as well? Because they could very easily just be mistaken about the source of the songs if Mike/the band said Rhinestone is from the demo tape and then they played the Zomba version. I'd be a little surprised if anything from the Xero tape is actually on this release considering the quality of that tape.

12 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

Did they play Reading My Eyes on the radio as well? Because they could very easily just be mistaken about the source of the songs if Mike/the band said Rhinestone is from the demo tape and then they played the Zomba version. I'd be a little surprised if anything from the Xero tape is actually on this release considering the quality of that tape.

Yes, it was played. It's the Xero tape version. Maybe they never recorded another version of this song.

4 hours ago, berryaaron11 said:

Could it have been a mistake? Because i heard the Zomba version play on the radio last night, i even recorded it when it played last night. I can send the recording to you that i recorded last night if you want

Did you record Stick N Move with Chester as well?

4 hours ago, berryaaron11 said:

Did you also record Esaul (Xero Demo)?

Edited by NJPLP