Jump to content

Linkin Park Radio on SiriusXM


LPLStaff
 Share

Recommended Posts

From SiriusXM:

 

"SiriusXM’s Turbo (ch. 41) will become “Linkin Park Radio,” to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the band’s milestone debut studio album, Hybrid Theory.

Linkin Park Radio will feature the stories behind the influential and top-selling album, as well as music spanning the band’s entire career, including demos, rarities, remixes, live tracks and solo music.

 

Listeners can expect to hear personal anecdotes from the band members and music from artists hand-picked by them. Mike Shinoda will also guide listeners on Pandora through the band’s Hybrid Theory and break down each track with Pandora Stories: Linkin Park on ‘Hybrid Theory’ at 20. This will all lead up to the October 9 release of Hybrid Theory: 20th Anniversary Edition on Warner Records.

 

Linkin Park Radio will launch on SiriusXM’s Turbo (ch. 41) on Monday, October 5 at 12:00 p.m. ET through October 11, and continue on channel 717 on the SiriusXM app and web player only, on October 12 through October 18. Fans can now immerse themselves in an exclusive 24/7 Linkin Park experience by simply tuning in."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, berryaaron11 said:

Okay, so the song Rhinestone DOES infact have Mark Wakefield on vocals, and it IS the 1998 Zomba version as well.

Unfortunately not...

 

"SHINODA: “Forgotten” was the other one that started as a demo with me and Mark. That one was called “Rhinestone” at the time."

"As a side note, with the Hybrid Theory 20 release, we didn’t mix or re-mix any of the songs. It’s just a mastered version of the original cassette demo."

 

I hope Mike's wrong....

 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, EgorN said:

Unfortunately not...

 

"SHINODA: “Forgotten” was the other one that started as a demo with me and Mark. That one was called “Rhinestone” at the time."

"As a side note, with the Hybrid Theory 20 release, we didn’t mix or re-mix any of the songs. It’s just a mastered version of the original cassette demo."

 

I hope Mike's wrong....

 

 

They played on Sirius and is the Zomba version

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What about Stick N Move?

 

12 hours ago, berryaaron11 said:

Okay, so the song Rhinestone DOES infact have Mark Wakefield on vocals, and it IS the 1998 Zomba version as well.

 

12 hours ago, Diaux said:

 

They played on Sirius and is the Zomba version

 

I heard that Rhinestone is the Xero Demo Tape version, not the Zomba! New Music Sampler 1999 version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, hahninator said:

You’d have to record the radio for 12+ hours. It isn’t an interview. It’s them talking between a ton of music. 

Wait, you don't record it?

And here I counted on LPL for all of the info and talk they'd share. Welp. :(

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, berryaaron11 said:

Then why did the Zomba! New Music Sampler version with Mark Wakefield on vocals get played on the Linkin Park radio last night?

On Genius, lawrenceskm said he heard the Xero Demo Tape version, not the Zomba Music Sampler version.

 

He said and I quote "I’ve listened to the Sirius XM radio premiere of the song and the one that played was the Tape version, not the studio 1998 version. Both Reading My Eyes and Rhinestone are from the tape."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NJPLP said:

On Genius, lawrenceskm said he heard the Xero Demo Tape version, not the Zomba Music Sampler version.

 

He said and I quote "I’ve listened to the Sirius XM radio premiere of the song and the one that played was the Tape version, not the studio 1998 version. Both Reading My Eyes and Rhinestone are from the tape."

Could it have been a mistake? Because i heard the Zomba version play on the radio last night, i even recorded it when it played last night. I can send the recording to you that i recorded last night if you want

Edited by berryaaron11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did they play Reading My Eyes on the radio as well? Because they could very easily just be mistaken about the source of the songs if Mike/the band said Rhinestone is from the demo tape and then they played the Zomba version. I'd be a little surprised if anything from the Xero tape is actually on this release considering the quality of that tape.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

Did they play Reading My Eyes on the radio as well? Because they could very easily just be mistaken about the source of the songs if Mike/the band said Rhinestone is from the demo tape and then they played the Zomba version. I'd be a little surprised if anything from the Xero tape is actually on this release considering the quality of that tape.

Yes, it was played. It's the Xero tape version. Maybe they never recorded another version of this song.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, berryaaron11 said:

Could it have been a mistake? Because i heard the Zomba version play on the radio last night, i even recorded it when it played last night. I can send the recording to you that i recorded last night if you want

 

Did you record Stick N Move with Chester as well?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, berryaaron11 said:

Could it have been a mistake? Because i heard the Zomba version play on the radio last night, i even recorded it when it played last night. I can send the recording to you that i recorded last night if you want

Did you also record Esaul (Xero Demo)?

Edited by NJPLP
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...