LPU - "Hybrid Theory" Era Submissions

LPLStaff

LPU members check your emails as Linkin Park is gearing up to celebrate the 20th year of Hybrid Theory!

The email sent to LPU members reads,

"LP Street Soldiers,

This year we are celebrating the 20th anniversary of HYBRID THEORY. We have some very special things planned throughout the year and want you to be a part of it.

We’re looking for photos, videos, ticket stubs, merch, flyers, souvenirs and anything else you collected from the early days of the band in the late 90’s through the HYBRID THEORY era of 2000-2002. Some great examples include (but are not limited to) live concert footage and photos, pictures of band members and signed goodies from LPU meet and greets.

All you have to do is click here and you will be taken to an upload site and asked to grant rights to Warner Records to use the content.

Please upload by March 16, 2020.

Any questions reach out to lpuhq@lpunderground.com  

- LPU HQ"

Not many fans on LPLive were around in that era, but if you have some material of your own from that era definitely send it over to the band.

Let’s see how soon it will take for the merch to be shilled. That’ll be the celebration, 70 dollar t-shirts and everything else they can think of with the ‘’HT anniversary’’ stuff on it.

What is this band doing? Why haven’t we got any box sets yet of each of the 7 albums or even more like all the remix albums and stuff too with unreleased b-sides and demos on each (and not shit fake instrumentals like the LPU gave us, actual ones that clearly exist from the making of’s and other sources) plus a unreleased live show with each one from that era, etc. By 2020 I already expected a box set for each album, Reanimation, Collision Course, Recharged, etc. like 2 years ago. If they aren’t ready to continue at least give the fans who stuck by them for the last 20 years something epic for now, we lost someone too, and all that unreleased stuff deserves to see the light of day, Chester should never be forgotten or replaced. 

And one more thing, the HT era was never in the 90’s. Wtf?? Linkin Park became a band in May of 2000 and didn’t release the Hybrid Theory album (their debut album, very first release) until October 24, 2000.

Edited by GekiLPL

The reason why those cool stuff as Geki listed still remain unreleased is they wanna keep it for future releases. the moment LP disband (maybe one day), labels can still making  money from that vault. Imagine if they give everything they have now, what's left for the band in the future? The labels surely wanna make more money. They're getting old too, dont think they will be fit enough to make more materials like few decades ago. So, yeah. Box Set for their discography we might not get it anytime soon. 

Even Metallica releases their box set after more than 30 years in the entire career. We're lucky if we get one. 

I want LP to continue and make more amazing records with the 5 of them. There are a lot of potential for them to explore yet. This is the time they can truly de-linkinparkify the LINKIN PARK sound and go into different direction. 7 albums is not enough for a band like LINKIN PARK. Weezer has 13 albums and still kicking and rocking. Mike can branch out and travel to different parts of the world to get inspiration. 

Edited by RYG4R

8 hours ago, GekiLPL said:

(and not shit fake instrumentals like the LPU gave us, actual ones that clearly exist from the making of’s and other sources)

LP: "We wrote 150 songs for MTM"

Geki: "The like 5 unreleased songs I've heard in LPTV's/Making Of's are the only ones that actually exist"

The HT era absolutely was in the 90s. 1999 is when Chester joined the band and they began writing songs immediately. Some were on the HTEP, some were unreleased, and some made HT. The entire album exists in demo form from May 2000. They didn’t just start writing those songs and recording them in January 2000. It absolutely stretches back to 1999 for the the tracks. There weren’t two separate Chester eras at the start - “1999” and “2000-2002.” It’s all one big HT era.

HT is the only album that’s turning 20. When did Metallica start doing their box sets? 20 or 25? I don’t think you should assume they won’t do any box sets if the oldest album is only 20 and LP isn’t even in the RARHOF yet. 

This collection could be some sort of online digital collection or something. We will see what they’re doing. I’m going to offer to send some LPL material over to them. 

2 hours ago, Hahninator said:

The HT era absolutely was in the 90s. 1999 is when Chester joined the band and they began writing songs immediately. Some were on the HTEP, some were unreleased, and some made HT. The entire album exists in demo form from May 2000. They didn’t just start writing those songs and recording them in January 2000. It absolutely stretches back to 1999 for the the tracks. There weren’t two separate Chester eras at the start - “1999” and “2000-2002.” It’s all one big HT era.

HT is the only album that’s turning 20. When did Metallica start doing their box sets? 20 or 25? I don’t think you should assume they won’t do any box sets if the oldest album is only 20 and LP isn’t even in the RARHOF yet. 

This collection could be some sort of online digital collection or something. We will see what they’re doing. I’m going to offer to send some LPL material over to them. 

Don said they wrote the record in about 3 months. I know earlier versions of the songs exist but they’re just demos and weren’t under the Linkin Park name. Makes more sense to me to group the stuff as when the band officially started with the name and did shows under the name. 

3 hours ago, Astat said:

LP: "We wrote 150 songs for MTM"

Geki: "The like 5 unreleased songs I've heard in LPTV's/Making Of's are the only ones that actually exist"

I just don’t buy the LPU demos because a lot of them sound just like the ones people make on YouTube and call them demos from certain albums. The ones that have vocals, which they rarely do, sound nothing like the rest of the stuff from the era they are supposedly from, which I believe they probably just re-record them the day of sending the LPU CD out for mix and master or whatever they do. The ones on the DVD’s obviously are real and we very rarely ever get those even though we have seen so many titles and heard so many. It also annoys me how the band never can get the dates right on the fake demos, as someone who really cares about years and stuff like that it’s a nightmare.

2 hours ago, GekiLPL said:

Don said they wrote the record in about 3 months. I know earlier versions of the songs exist but they’re just demos and weren’t under the Linkin Park name. Makes more sense to me to group the stuff as when the band officially started with the name and did shows under the name. 

I just don’t buy the LPU demos because a lot of them sound just like the ones people make on YouTube and call them demos from certain albums. The ones that have vocals, which they rarely do, sound nothing like the rest of the stuff from the era they are supposedly from, which I believe they probably just re-record them the day of sending the LPU CD out for mix and master or whatever they do. The ones on the DVD’s obviously are real and we very rarely ever get those even though we have seen so many titles and heard so many. It also annoys me how the band never can get the dates right on the fake demos, as someone who really cares about years and stuff like that it’s a nightmare.

I think they never get the dates right because nobody cares.

it’s totally unimportant.

why do I feels like this is some kind of trap??!!

what if warner never release those stuffs to public?

what if they don't let anyone share anything from that era because they own everything now?!

I really don't trust warner.

6 hours ago, lpplus said:

why do I feels like this is some kind of trap??!!

what if warner never release those stuffs to public?

what if they don't let anyone share anything from that era because they own everything now?!

I really don't trust warner.

Wow what a theory lol

On 3/7/2020 at 9:34 PM, lpfan12 said:

i got into them in 2000 but didnt buy the album untill the summer of 2001 so no merch from me nethier

Same for me! My older cousin first introduced me to their music when I was 13 (2000). But I didn't end up buying the album until around the 4th of July in 2001. I don't know the exact date but it was around then because I remember listening to my copy of the CD at my sister's birthday party (she was born on July 6th).

On 3/9/2020 at 1:19 AM, JamesMaloy said:

Same for me! My older cousin first introduced me to their music when I was 13 (2000). But I didn't end up buying the album until around the 4th of July in 2001. I don't know the exact date but it was around then because I remember listening to my copy of the CD at my sister's birthday party (she was born on July 6th).

That's whats up. when you brought the album did you listen to it completely or skip a few song's 

19 hours ago, lpfan12 said:

That's whats up. when you brought the album did you listen to it completely or skip a few song's 

I listened to it completely. Back then I had a portable CD player and I would just listen to the full thing on repeat. I remember enjoying A Place For My Head the most but I loved all of the songs.

I was 5 at the time of the album releasing so I obviously wasn't a fan at the time, but I've accumulated some stuff that I really treasure from the era. I've decided to submit a photo of my signed copy of Hybrid Theory (signed in 2014), first poster, replica symbols shirt the LPU released some years back, and a sampler tape and VHS version of Frat Party just because I don't seem them that often and think they're neat

On 3/12/2020 at 3:38 PM, JamesMaloy said:

I listened to it completely. Back then I had a portable CD player and I would just listen to the full thing on repeat. I remember enjoying A Place For My Head the most but I loved all of the songs.

i listen to a few songs on skip but ended up playing from top to bottom and fell in love with their music from that point

On 3/12/2020 at 7:26 PM, jFar920 said:

I was 5 at the time of the album releasing so I obviously wasn't a fan at the time, but I've accumulated some stuff that I really treasure from the era. I've decided to submit a photo of my signed copy of Hybrid Theory (signed in 2014), first poster, replica symbols shirt the LPU released some years back, and a sampler tape and VHS version of Frat Party just because I don't seem them that often and think they're neat

Oh shit thats dope