Mike Shinoda Sets Up Fan Texting / Shares New Clip

LPLStaff

On his birthday, Mike Shinoda tweeted, "let’s try this. you can now text me at 310.935.0302."

Upon texting the number, fans saw that Mike has set up a new Community.com contact list of fans. He added, "HI THERE! thanks for texting me. this is an autotext to let you know I got your message, everything else will be from me directly. just click the link and you'll be added to my phone" followed by a link to add yourself to his community list.

Upon adding themselves, fan got a follow up text saying "thanks- i added you. i'm planning to experiment with texting people some fun stuff. what should i send?"

And if you were one of the first 1,000 to text him, you got one final series of texts that included "Thank you for being one of the first people to text me! Yes it is me. I'll be occasionally replying to people, and maybe doing some experiments via text. Feel free to tell a friend." Fans then got a selfie from Mike on his birthday followed by one final text - "By the way, you're one of the first 1000 people. So cool"

If you call the number, you will be greeted with this voicemail message from Mike.

EDIT: Mike sent fans a video clip of a new song! He added, "that's a track i'm working on today" / "No name for it yet but we'll see what happens"

Do we think Mike is gearing up to announce something, or is this just a new way to connect with fans and send them information?

Let us know if you hear from Mike!

3 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

' "Will there ever be a Linkin Park x The Hundreds collab?"

There was one and there will be again in the future '

Okay so this is just two friends talking and capturing it on video, but by this quote it seems pretty clear to me that to Mike and Bobby there will be a future for Linkin Park.

Ofcourse we could have guessed it, but I just loved how casual they put it here.

20 hours ago, niklp said:

if you zoom in the block notes...It's just me or i can read in the first horizontal line...Joe / Rob/ B...Brad?

I'm glad I'm not the only crazy person here 😂

But I don't think that it's the case.

Anyway, I love the new studio and it's great to see him working on new stuff.

I really like the two snippets he posted, can't wait to hear more and see what happens!

Edited by PeppePark

1 hour ago, Garret said:

I think this could have been Mike’s way of hinting that LP is working on some demos.  Mike doesn’t do things without purpose, he notices every detail, so he does it for the fans to find out. 

true! despite what's happening in the LP fanbase at the moment, Mike finally decided to step in and control the situation. i'm already dgaf bout GD anymore. lol

gonna stand up with #LP2020!

On 2/12/2020 at 4:22 AM, eXoBlackOut said:

' "Will there ever be a Linkin Park x The Hundreds collab?"

There was one and there will be again in the future '

Okay so this is just two friends talking and capturing it on video, but by this quote it seems pretty clear to me that to Mike and Bobby there will be a future for Linkin Park.

Ofcourse we could have guessed it, but I just loved how casual they put it here.

Previous collab was just merch. LP's released plenty of merch lately. Probably means little in terms of the band's musical future.

13 hours ago, niklp said:

if you zoom in the block notes...It's just me or i can read in the first horizontal line...Joe / Rob/ B...Brad?

2242694309650588407.jpg

It's clearly a calendar... "Sun / M / Tu / W"