Grey Daze - "Amends" out April 10

hahninator

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Astat said:

I'm 100% convinced this is exactly why they got her to feature on a song. They want people to buy the album thinking it has a Linkin Park feature on it.

Yeah I saw the feature and knew who they meant, but I also got a strong feeling that it's a shitty thing to do. In a case like this, you would think you would use LP's full name. LP is a stage name, and artistic integrity is a thing I know, but still. It REALLY seems like they wanted casual fans to see the last song on the tracklist and say "Oh wow! They got Linkin Park to feature on a song with Chester's vocals!"

Also, can anyone explain why "The Syndrome" is more politically correct than "Syndrome"?

9 minutes ago, Justin said:

Yeah I saw the feature and knew who they meant, but I also got a strong feeling that it's a shitty thing to do. In a case like this, you would think you would use LP's full name. LP is a stage name, and artistic integrity is a thing I know, but still. It REALLY seems like they wanted casual fans to see the last song on the tracklist and say "Oh wow! They got Linkin Park to feature on a song with Chester's vocals!"

Also, can anyone explain why "The Syndrome" is more politically correct than "Syndrome"?

What a fucking disgusting toxic shitty environment LPL has become 

Have you fucking read the tracklist from their official site? Have you read the tracklist from every site that is selling the album? 

THEY DON'T MENTION THE FUCKING GUESTS IN ANY FUCKING SOOOOOOOONG

What is wrong with you people? All of you talk trash without even thinking 

Find a fucking tracklist that lists every guest, you can't because it doesn't exist. 

Are there actually seven different vinyls? I wouldn't be surprised if there were, but it looks like the store thumbnails for the first two picture discs changed to the flip sides records now. So I see those two, the Spotify one, the splatter looking one, the red one, and the blue one. Regardless, it seems like overkill.

Sickness is pretty great, I like it more than the original, which was the opposite with What's in the Eye.

Also, question about one of the bundles. I got the lithograph one that was listed as that, the splatter looking vinyl, and the CD. The email confirmation does not mention the CD, the receipt link only mentions the free sticker now, the bundle is gone, and the link is dead. Kinda worried about that

Edit: I think the CD is just included with that vinyl in general, but still odd that what I assume are the "sold out" listings are completely taken down instead of saying sold out. Also strange that if there's a deluxe CD with bonus songs that isn't sold on the official store

Edited by jFar920

48 minutes ago, jFar920 said:

Are there actually seven different vinyls? I wouldn't be surprised if there were, but it looks like the store thumbnails for the first two picture discs changed to the flip sides records now. So I see those two, the Spotify one, the splatter looking one, the red one, and the blue one. Regardless, it seems like overkill.

There's a regular black vinyl in the EU Grey Daze store. Saturn also has an "exclusive color vinyl" listed but I'm not sure if it's different from the other 7 (7!) because their product picture is just the album cover.

Edit:

Just noticed Saturn added the color of the vinyl in the description. It's the blue vinyl.

Yes there are seven vinyls.

I personally have a pretty big issue with 7 vinyls, the branding they are using (only CB's pic) on Spotify etc, the way the band members are handling themselves online, them ripping the poster from the LPU and selling it, etc. Whole thing seems very off. They are not being sensitive to the LP fanbase and the 7 vinyl situation is exploiting the LP fanbase while saying "we don't need LP" at the same time. Gross. The band didn't think this through logically. They don't want to differentiate Chester's LP and GD eras, because they are so different; they want a modern looking LP-style CB to sell this and it doesn't work for me.

OML had 3 different vinyls + limited Suturn edition + limited exclusive japan only edition

I think they take the last LP album as an example by looking on the info from various LP fan sites and they applied it the theirs release.

It's almost looks like they were: "oh there were so many versions of OML, so it pays to do it"

52 minutes ago, JZLP said:

It's good marketing it kinda is Chester's lost music ask to a group of 100 LP fans only like 10 or less would know about the existence of Grey Daze. 

No it’s not. I’ve never come across a LP fan online who didn’t at least know what Grey Daze was, even if they didn’t know all of their music. It wasn’t a secret project. They released those albums back in the 90’s and they played many shows. Lost music to me implies that it was music that Chester recorded that never was released to the public in any way, shape or form. He didn’t even record new vocals for this project anyways. Yes, they may have ‘’used some alternate vocal takes that nobody has ever heard’’ but it’s essentially the same stuff. So even if LP fans didn’t know about Grey Daze, it’s still not lost music to me, as lost music is what I defined above. I don’t even really care anymore at all about the project. I just thought it was funny that the sticker on the CD at Target had the lost music quote for people who don’t know any better, it’s being sold as such. 

Edited by Garret

On 2/8/2020 at 6:16 AM, JZLP said:

What a fucking disgusting toxic shitty environment LPL has become 

Have you fucking read the tracklist from their official site? Have you read the tracklist from every site that is selling the album? 

THEY DON'T MENTION THE FUCKING GUESTS IN ANY FUCKING SOOOOOOOONG

What is wrong with you people? All of you talk trash without even thinking 

Find a fucking tracklist that lists every guest, you can't because it doesn't exist. 

Amen its been fucking laughable on here lately. People making up their own theories and acting like its fact. 

2 hours ago, Subs said:

Amen its been fucking laughable on here lately. People making up their own theories and acting like its fact. 

Have you been reading their posts and comments online lately about this entire project? They come off as huge assholes and liars. You guys are calling people out for "talking trash" without looking at the source.

I resent the fact that the theme of their promo for the album seems to be to take shots at WB and thinly veiled jabs at Mike/LP, while also marketing the album as "The lost music of Chester Bennington". If anything is laughable, it's THAT tagline that implies this music has never seen the light of day, or that it's been suppressed somehow until now.

4 minutes ago, Justin said:

Have you been reading their posts and comments online lately about this entire project? They come off as huge assholes and liars. You guys are calling people out for "talking trash" without looking at the source.

I resent the fact that the theme of their promo for the album seems to be to take shots at WB and thinly veiled jabs at Mike/LP, while also marketing the album as "The lost music of Chester Bennington". If anything is laughable, it's THAT tagline that implies this music has never seen the light of day, or that it's been suppressed somehow until now.

Telling fansites to remove their old albums and then refusing to re-release them alongside this updated project, while falsely claiming WB "scrubbed Grey Daze from the Internet"

Selling CD-R copies of the original Grey Daze CDs for $500 a pop and then claiming other people were making fakes

Stealing images from photographers and then claiming they "found them on the Internet so it's okay"

Passing the blame for their own unethical actions seems to be Grey Daze's M.O.