Grey Daze - "Amends" out April 10

hahninator

8 minutes ago, Garret said:

OML is still LP so I agree. His career with LP is what will be remembered in history. Same goes for the rest of the LP guys.

I don't think they were disputing that. Also,  with all due respect to LP only chester and mike have had much of a career outside 😄

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if the lithograph with the LPU photo was taken down for that reason and not selling out, then what happens to those (myself included) who bought it prior to that? Are they making a new one? Canceling it? Sending it to those who already managed to buy it? I would also have preferred they had made an old school picture of them all the photo used, so if they change it to that for those who bought it already, that'd be some consolation

Edited by jFar920

2 minutes ago, jFar920 said:

So if the lithograph with the LPU photo was taken down for that reason and not selling out, then what happens to those (myself included) who bought it prior to that? Are they making a new one? Canceling it? Sending it to those who already managed to buy it? I would also have preferred they had made an old school picture of them all the photo used, so if they change it to that for those who bought it already, that'd be some consolation

God i hope not Chester with dreads has never looked right lol

8 hours ago, Subs said:

3. We sent an email to that individual trying to explain but apparently he didn’t want to hear it. 

We did every grout of love for our friend and he would be appalled at the humans trying to start fights and hating on his family members. Their fights and their fights and we are not taking part in any of it. 

Hope it clears it up and much love.

also Sean: 

Because Chester is gone and so anything he's involved in has skyrocketed in value, so a band that was associated with him nearly 3 decades ago feels like they can make a nice, quick profit under the guise of honoring him/preserving his legacy. Maybe it started with good intentions, but it has absolutely spiraled from there and is one of the most blatant cashgrabs I've ever seen, especially from a so-called "brotherhood"

1 minute ago, SasstielExperience said:

Because Chester is gone and so anything he's involved in has skyrocketed in value, so a band that was associated with him nearly 3 decades ago feels like they can make a nice, quick profit under the guise of honoring him/preserving his legacy. Maybe it started with good intentions, but it has absolutely spiraled from there and is one of the most blatant cashgrabs I've ever seen, especially from a so-called "brotherhood"

100% agreed. One of the best posts I have seen in a long time.

I’ve kinda stayed out of this one because I wasn’t really sure what to think about it and, if I’m entirely honest, I didn’t really care much about this project.

But at this point it’s pretty clear and evident what the case is and I cannot believe how much of a shitshow this is. Not only does the music production kinda suck, every aspect of this project has turned to rot.

I believe this project started with the intention of honoring Chester in the right way, but ultimately it’s become something that leaves a stain on his legacy. There’s so much to look at, from stealing photos to blocking fans on Twitter. Get over yourselves.

The LP feature thing is absolutely ridiculous. Are they taking us for morons? If you’re trying to get people on a project meant the memorialize the work you’ve made with a brother, why go to artists who a) meant nothing more to Chester than “I like some of their songs” and b) who are looking for a chance to redeem themselves for the acid they spewed in the past.

I don’t think I’ll ever listen to this album. I simply don’t care and don’t want to give them my attention or care for any amount of time anymore.

39 minutes ago, RogueSoul said:

I’ve kinda stayed out of this one because I wasn’t really sure what to think about it and, if I’m entirely honest, I didn’t really care much about this project.

But at this point it’s pretty clear and evident what the case is and I cannot believe how much of a shitshow this is. Not only does the music production kinda suck, every aspect of this project has turned to rot.

I believe this project started with the intention of honoring Chester in the right way, but ultimately it’s become something that leaves a stain on his legacy. There’s so much to look at, from stealing photos to blocking fans on Twitter. Get over yourselves.

The LP feature thing is absolutely ridiculous. Are they taking us for morons? If you’re trying to get people on a project meant the memorialize the work you’ve made with a brother, why go to artists who a) meant nothing more to Chester than “I like some of their songs” and b) who are looking for a chance to redeem themselves for the acid they spewed in the past.

I don’t think I’ll ever listen to this album. I simply don’t care and don’t want to give them my attention or care for any amount of time anymore.

I just gained a new found love and respect for you. Sorry for everything I ever said or did to you that was douchey in the past.

3 minutes ago, Garret said:

I just gained a new found love and respect for you. Sorry for everything I ever said or did to you that was douchey in the past.

much love my brother. it’s all in the past, I know I’ve wronged ya too. Here’s to a new age!

46 minutes ago, RogueSoul said:

if I’m entirely honest, I didn’t really care much about this project.

I'm actually still kinda here to be honest. If they want to maximize profits off this and use this for money, whatever. Kinda scummy, but do you what you think you gotta do I guess. It's that they're touting this as some altruistic thing with honoring Chester and his legacy or whatever that really gets me. I'm pretty tolerant of a lot of things, but blatantly lying to people about having good intentions and treating people like they're dumb is kinda where I draw the line. Being a scumbag honestly is one thing, but lying and acting like you have some noble agenda is a whole other ballgame.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Subs said:

I would rather talk about the actual songs. What does everyone think of the new morei sky ? 

Don’t get why they focused on the vocals solely. It’s not like any of the vocals on this album are that amazing. This isn’t Iridescent or something. Lol. Wish they kind of kept the rock vibe for some of these songs. Soul Song is like that too.

36 minutes ago, GekiLPL said:

Don’t get why they focused on the vocals solely. It’s not like any of the vocals on this album are that amazing. This isn’t Iridescent or something. Lol. Wish they kind of kept the rock vibe for some of these songs. Soul Song is like that too.

I dunno man I'm loving how atmospheric it is. But its also one of my fav GD vocal performances too so slightly biased.

23 minutes ago, Subs said:

I dunno man I'm loving how atmospheric it is. But its also one of my fav GD vocal performances too so slightly biased.

It's not bad I just wish there were heavier guitars. She Shines I'm hoping still has that hard rock edge it had on the original or even heavier maybe, it's my favorite GD track. B12 is also pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...

Lithograph appears to be fully canceled now, that link earlier in the thread to the other website selling it is down and I've received an email saying anyone who bought it or a bundle with it will be getting a refund or partial refund

2 hours ago, JamesMaloy said:

If I only got a partial refund I would blame this site for making such a big deal about them using a live photo of Chester 

"i would blame this site for making such a big deal"

it is a big fking deal. using someone else photo without credits and making money/profit from it. 

On 3/12/2020 at 8:54 PM, JamesMaloy said:

If I only got a partial refund I would blame this site for making such a big deal about them using a live photo of Chester 

I will gladly take the blame from any fans who feel the need to complain about it. It's absolutely a problem they used an LPU photo of Chester on Projekt Revolution 2007 to try and sell this project.

Re: Credits. They had it properly licensed from Jim Louvau. They chose from a gallery of stuff he shot of Chester and LP. The licensing/crediting part of it was not the issue.