LPU 19 Launches

hahninator

Linkin Park has launched the 19th year of the Linkin Park Underground, featuring a new merch selection as well as the updated archive of LPUTV videos on the website.

LPU 19 T-SHIRT BUNDLE ($39.95 short sleeve / $44.95 long sleeve)

– LPU 19 T-Shirt (Men’s or Women’s)

– LPU 19 Travel Case

– LPU 19 Vintage Motel Keychain

– LPU 19 Sticker

– LPU 19 Guitar Pick

Visit lpunderground.com to renew!

18 hours ago, JZLP said:

Horrible recycled design

They should shut down the LPU, the whole site is a disgrace, it's like a zombie 

No heart no soul

They release shitty bundles because they have to

LPU is dead

Is this Garret speaking?

Bromas a parte, after all of these years I still think the prices are very high.

4 hours ago, KlaytonShinoda said:

Is this Garret speaking?

Bromas a parte, after all of these years I still think the prices are very high.

I'm just saying the truth 

The design is recycled?  Yes

The forums are a wasteland? Yes

Are the bundles a joke? Yes

Back in the day being a member was a privilege and an honor. 

1 hour ago, JZLP said:

I'm just saying the truth 

The design is recycled?  Yes

The forums are a wasteland? Yes

Are the bundles a joke? Yes

Back in the day being a member was a privilege and an honor. 

Totally agree with you. Now I look at this bundle and I think : What a waste of money. For me this site and forum was always better than LPU.

4 hours ago, Stranger said:

the whole idea of LPU nowadays is just to make money and to sustain the website. nothing's special anymore. and they know fans will buy it

At this point who will buy it 🤣 maybe some collectors. It doesnt even look good. 

On 12/7/2019 at 3:29 AM, JZLP said:

Horrible recycled design

They should shut down the LPU, the whole site is a disgrace, it's like a zombie 

No heart no soul

They release shitty bundles because they have to

LPU is dead

Pretty ignorant comment; thought you would have a better opinion than that. LPU isn't dead, in the last year~ it was just as active as it was during the OML era for LP. Mike M&Gs, Mike presales, Mike contests and events for only LPU members, etc. All that stuff. If the LPU didn't exist, how in the world would you do any of that? You have to keep it going. If you shut it down in 2019 and LP returned in 2020, then you have no fan club online.

No heart/no soul? They just went into their archives and dug out all of the LPUTV videos and are working with us on getting more up there. My goal (outside of LPL) is to make sure everything is archived properly and correctly with LP and they are very responsive to that and want to do what they can to see that through. They are working on getting more stuff up.

The bundle is fine, it's $39 for a shirt and all those accessories plus a travel bag. Of course I bought that, one shirt from the LP store or LPU is a comparable price to that entire bundle.

On 12/7/2019 at 8:44 AM, mrfox said:

wtf there is no music again? I mean whats the point? Ok after 7/20 it was understandable but  why 3 or more years in row?

Why in the world would they release music to the LPU right now?

Besides any legal stuff going on, there is no need for LP to release anything musically to the LPU in 2019. The amount of press and publicity that would come from their first post-Chester release... and it's a set of (meh) demos? Na. They need to release a song and album, then the LPU will continue with music I'm sure. Coming up on 20 years of the LPU in 2021 as well, so you know they will celebrate that in a good way. But the band's first release post-Chester isn't going to be demos. Especially with how self-conscious they are about their image. If they put out 9 demos today it would be global music news for ages and drawing attention to something that doesn't need that much attention. They are much smarter than that and if you have paid attention to them focusing on their brand and image, you'd understand that's not something they'd do.

3 minutes ago, Hahninator said:

Besides any legal stuff going on, there is no need for LP to release anything musically to the LPU in 2019. The amount of press and publicity that would come from their first post-Chester release... and it's a set of (meh) demos? Na. They need to release a song and album, then the LPU will continue with music I'm sure. Coming up on 20 years of the LPU in 2021 as well, so you know they will celebrate that in a good way. But the band's first release post-Chester isn't going to be demos. Especially with how self-conscious they are about their image. If they put out 9 demos today it would be global music news for ages and drawing attention to something that doesn't need that much attention. They are much smarter than that and if you have paid attention to them focusing on their brand and image, you'd understand that's not something they'd do.

Agreed 100%

40 minutes ago, Hahninator said:

No heart/no soul? They just went into their archives and dug out all of the LPUTV videos and are working with us on getting more up there. My goal (outside of LPL) is to make sure everything is archived properly and correctly with LP and they are very responsive to that and want to do what they can to see that through. They are working on getting more stuff up.

This is amazing to hear!

1 hour ago, Hahninator said:

Pretty ignorant comment; thought you would have a better opinion than that. LPU isn't dead, in the last year~ it was just as active as it was during the OML era for LP. Mike M&Gs, Mike presales, Mike contests and events for only LPU members, etc. All that stuff. If the LPU didn't exist, how in the world would you do any of that? You have to keep it going. If you shut it down in 2019 and LP returned in 2020, then you have no fan club online.

The bundle is fine, it's $39 for a shirt and all those accessories plus a travel bag. Of course I bought that, one shirt from the LP store or LPU is a comparable price to that entire bundle.

I thought the same as JZLP, but i never tought about these things before.

thankyou for changing my perspective.

No problem. I don't want to come off as rude. I was just saying why it makes sense for the LPU to do what they are doing. If I take a step back as one of the more hardcore fans and then look at the big picture of things, I can't blame them for what they are doing. I don't know if I could do it any better. If people are complaining about merch designs, realize they are for the first time having to deal with 3 years of the same LP logos/designs. Since OML era, nothing has been redeveloped for LP's logos and branding yet. When we get a new album look for that to change and more unique LPU merch will come.

2 hours ago, Hahninator said:

No problem. I don't want to come off as rude. I was just saying why it makes sense for the LPU to do what they are doing. If I take a step back as one of the more hardcore fans and then look at the big picture of things, I can't blame them for what they are doing. I don't know if I could do it any better. If people are complaining about merch designs, realize they are for the first time having to deal with 3 years of the same LP logos/designs. Since OML era, nothing has been redeveloped for LP's logos and branding yet. When we get a new album look for that to change and more unique LPU merch will come.

I agree that the LPU needs to be preserved forever. It has meant a lot to fans over the years, even now. Just because LP isn’t currently active doesn’t mean that it shouldn’t exist at all. Releasing a mediocre LPU demo CD as the first release besides OML Live without Chester wouldn’t be that smart, I agree. If they wanted to keep doing demos, they should have done it in 2017 with LPU17 since it was right in the middle of the Hollywood Bowl show and the OML Live CD. Too much time has passed and since they didn’t do a CD for LPU17 or LPU18, doing one now would definitely draw big attention because of that. Even though I went to 2 M.S. shows in 2018, I didn’t even sign up to meet Mike with the LPU. But I know many fans did. So it still serves a purpose in that regard, too. The merch really isn’t that bad for LPU19, either. 

I think only PT demos or DSPs would make sense since LPU was active for PT Tour. 

I have to agree with what was said above. When Chester was Here nobody outside the fandom cared for demos etc. Now that he is not with us everything that has his voice on it would explode and its not worth it with just a meh demo. They better go with some new music and then release what we need (lol) 

On 12/8/2019 at 8:49 AM, sordomuda said:

Suddenly when you hate on anything  you become Garret 🤣

I agree do they think anyone is Here for the sticker or a keychain? The delusion. 

This has been explained endless of times but, if you didn't notice, he sometimes starts ranting and then he gets really mad out of nowhere changing his opinion for no reason. Okay? All clear, let's stick with the main topic.

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

2 hours ago, mrfox said:

Because everyone wants it? Not necessarily Linkin Park demos, Post Traumatic Demos, DSP or old LP DSPs, whatever...

I don't disagree it's a cool move to release a "Best of THP Tour" compilation to the LPU (not sure on logistics of that or if the band would even approve that happening) but Mike demos or a live show from Mike. That "Crossing A Line" demo was cool, maybe Mike has more stuff like that. 6 songs or something, bam, there's your LPU music.

They may want to keep the LPU music LP-related which is why they haven't done that. But they did release some DBS live stuff + the Chris Cornell song (Hunger Strike).

I think if they want to keep their fans engaged and keep the community alive they really have to put more effort into the new bundles. Just a few merch pieces won't do it any more, at least not for me. I've been active on LPU regardless, since there's a small community of regular members that keep the place alive a bit. But I can tell that the amount of activity has been decreasing drastically over the last few years. It just seems they're neglecting the community as a whole by putting out these generic merch bundles (without any special items like music).

Who the hell spends 35 dollars for a t-shirt anyways? Plus the shipping, you're looking at over 40 bucks just for a t-shirt from the LP.com store. The band went downhill in terms of their merch when they started the whole LP as a brand bullshit back in late 2015 or whatever. They have released like 40000000 shirts and all kinds of merch since then and mega costs. Really crazy. Idk who even buys their official merch nowadays. Last merch I bought from them was THP shit.

Edited by Garret

3 hours ago, KlaytonShinoda said:

This has been explained endless of times but, if you didn't notice, he sometimes starts ranting and then he gets really mad out of nowhere changing his opinion for no reason. Okay? All clear, let's stick with the main topic.

Dont come at me because I was actually sticking to the topic by saying that nobody cares about stickers and Keychains. Anyway nevermind.

yeah @Hahninator it might be that they want to Stick strictly to the band music but if they didnt have anything else to release fans would be more than happy with some PT music at least. But I am not complaining lets give them maybe some more time. If LP wanted to quit i guess they would have already announce that so lets give them some more time and hope for the best. 

Yeah great point. Let's see what happens in 2020. Hard place for the band to be, I never would imagined this would have happened to them with their world crashing down on them at such a big time in their career so I'm sure they are doing the best that they can. The last thing I want to do is be critical of what they are doing 2017-2019.