LPU 19 Launches

hahninator

5 minutes ago, Hahninator said:

Yeah great point. Let's see what happens in 2020. Hard place for the band to be, I never would imagined this would have happened to them with their world crashing down on them at such a big time in their career so I'm sure they are doing the best that they can. The last thing I want to do is be critical of what they are doing 2017-2019.

LP would 100% quit if they had only one vocalist. We are very fortunate because we still have Mike which was a second vocalist plus a brain of the band so i am positive about their come back anytime soon.  

Edited by sordomuda

The price for the package is totally reasonable in my opinion. The only complaint I have is that you have to sign up to even see the price of the bundle. Just offer a bundle with the online membership included and put it up on a public page.

45 minutes ago, graveguard said:

The price for the package is totally reasonable in my opinion. The only complaint I have is that you have to sign up to even see the price of the bundle. Just offer a bundle with the online membership included and put it up on a public page.

They are fixing that.

For as many good points have been made on here, here's my 2 cents. I think the LPU does need to be preserved; reinstating the LPUTV archive is a perfect first step. When LPU17 launched, Lorenzo said there was also going to be an LPU app that would allow members to stream the LPU exclusive music through the app. It was a wicked idea to show the members they're serious about the LPU and moving with the times in terms of streaming, but unfortunately they never followed through. 

I think they should have continued LPU without releasing the "new merch" pack. As others have said, it's a recycled logo on unnecessary merch items. It's fine to not have an updated logo or anything but maybe just continue to stock what they already had until they are ready to launch something new. It also clashes with what Music For Relief stands for as well, considering the impact of "fast fashion" on the environment, why pump out extra merch that provides nothing new to fans nor does it promote anything new for LP?

As someone who lives in New Zealand, there is little reason to resubscribe. Mike hasn't and won't come to NZ, which is fine, but it means the only thing LPU has for internstional fans are the forums [which are not as well developed as here], the videos [which are all available unofficially on YouTube], and the store [which everything is now available on eBay]. If they're going to use the LPU for Mike's solo career, why not release MS demos or tracks that didn't make the cut? The CAL Sketch Version could have been an LPU exclusive, especially as it's unlikely to appeal to casual fans anyway. Mike could have done a live chat or competition or something to enhance the LPU experience.

LPU should definitely be kept alive but either go all in and give members content [whether MS or otherwise] or let it remain dormant until LP returns, don't half ass it because it looks a lot like a money grab, even if that's not the intention.

P.S. This sounds more aggressive than intended. I love the LP family and respect what they're going through, this is just how I would've viewed it if I was working the LPU.

• 1 month later...

Frankly I have always failed to see the point with the half/half treatment the solo/side projects get. What I mean by that is that for example the PT tour got LPU early/VIP access and so on and so forth but yet we don't get any demos (if there are any). I mean even if its like a second "branch" of LPU, I wouldn't mind. Like if you had an LPU account but would have Access to the Mike "part" of the Fanclub. Like for example why not make the exclusive tracks from Fort Minor Militia available to LPU members aswell.

1 hour ago, JZLP said:

LPU 20 Bundle

*Exclusive toilet paper

*T shirt 

*Trash bags with exclusive recycled design from LPU 7

*NO CD 

*NO CD

*NO CD 

*Keychain with a picture of Jessica Bardas

*Random welcome letter from previous years

Why would they release a demo CD right now? That makes absolutely zero sense for this band to do.

Honestly, the band fucked up by giving us a demo CD each year since LPU9. The reason I say that is because fans expect it so much every year. It was even more hyped than albums at some points within the fanbase. And people expected fully completed b-sides as all the tracks, even I’m guilty of it. They should have just told us all to suck it and kept on releasing the 6 track CD’s each year with a mix of tracks like studio songs, live and remix, whatever. Live wasn’t that bad. Would have been great to have after the DSP’s stopped too. LPU8 got hate because it was so different for the band to release something like it. Mike even said fans told him it was ‘’slap in the face’’ from the band. Even I didn’t like it back then. Hahninator either. Basically everyone hated it. But a year or so after it dropped and I actually grew to love LPU8, it was actually genius, and we still got what would have been a partial LPU8 on SFTU (My December from 2008, Hunger Strike, Crawling with Chris) and probably the LOATR remix would have been on a regular LPU8 too. And probably they would have just thrown a live We Made It on there or something else live from 2008 and called it a day. We all know that the band didn’t want to give us 10-12 demos each year because they didn’t like doing that but the fans were such dicks to them that they kind of had to. It’s why we never got the cream of the crop but did get some middle of the line stuff, I still don’t think the band wants to share demos to this day, look at WAYW. They could have maybe done LPU9 as like 6 demos of their biggest hits at the time (ITE, Numb, WID, ND, and 2 more) and then after LPU9 just did the normal LPU’s. I mean 2-3 years after Chester’s death and fans are still asking for the demo CD’s. Proves my point that they fucked themselves with it. 

As far as the merch went since LPU9, mostly nobody ever cared, it was all about the demo CD only, another reason. Before that fans DID talk about the merch part of the LPU pack, a lot. 

IMO, the golden years of the LPU were 1-7 as far as packages go and basically music too. The packages for 1-7 were great. And I loved how you were mailed a newsletter at the end of each year that had a ton of cool stuff and had a poster on the other side. That was epic. I loved having to order the package right when the online site went up and there was a bit of mystery until the package came in the mail. I know that’s just a sign of the times back then because social media and smart phones weren’t really a thing yet but still. Although Best Buy did start carrying those LPU boxes starting with LPU6. Still was cool. My friend actually worked at Best Buy at the time LPU6’s one dropped (the first one ever actually) and he somehow got one from the back room. We had the CD before even fansites had it by a few days. We listened to it at our work on the CD player we had there and cranked it up. Was awesome. LPU7 has a newsletter too but you had to order it and it was a small booklet , different from the poster ones. Still was epic though, I love that LPU7 booklet, still have it. LPU8 had that digital one in 2009 so it was lame. And the packages after LPU8 were always kind of blah. It’s not just cuz it was the end of the MTM era, I know that’s what everyone will think as to why I say that. But the packages did get boring to me and the designs were kind of crap. The quality of the shirts also went down a lot. I remember the LPU12 shirt was basically destroyed after a few washes, where as I still wear the ones from 1-8 to this day actually. 

Edited by Garret

55 minutes ago, JZLP said:

Awesome post Garret you basically said e everything that was awesome about being a member of the LPU

Back then it was a privilege an honor 

With my sarcastic post i was trying to say that the packages will never be special anymore 

It's just merch without heart. 

Thank you man. It definitely was way better in the old days.

7 hours ago, Garret said:

Honestly, the band fucked up by giving us a demo CD each year since LPU9. The reason I say that is because fans expect it so much every year. It was even more hyped than albums at some points within the fanbase. And people expected fully completed b-sides as all the tracks, even I’m guilty of it. They should have just told us all to suck it and kept on releasing the 6 track CD’s each year with a mix of tracks like studio songs, live and remix, whatever. Live wasn’t that bad. Would have been great to have after the DSP’s stopped too. LPU8 got hate because it was so different for the band to release something like it. Mike even said fans told him it was ‘’slap in the face’’ from the band. Even I didn’t like it back then. Hahninator either. Basically everyone hated it. But a year or so after it dropped and I actually grew to love LPU8, it was actually genius, and we still got what would have been a partial LPU8 on SFTU (My December from 2008, Hunger Strike, Crawling with Chris) and probably the LOATR remix would have been on a regular LPU8 too. And probably they would have just thrown a live We Made It on there or something else live from 2008 and called it a day. We all know that the band didn’t want to give us 10-12 demos each year because they didn’t like doing that but the fans were such dicks to them that they kind of had to. It’s why we never got the cream of the crop but did get some middle of the line stuff, I still don’t think the band wants to share demos to this day, look at WAYW. They could have maybe done LPU9 as like 6 demos of their biggest hits at the time (ITE, Numb, WID, ND, and 2 more) and then after LPU9 just did the normal LPU’s. I mean 2-3 years after Chester’s death and fans are still asking for the demo CD’s. Proves my point that they fucked themselves with it. 

As far as the merch went since LPU9, mostly nobody ever cared, it was all about the demo CD only, another reason. Before that fans DID talk about the merch part of the LPU pack, a lot. 

IMO, the golden years of the LPU were 1-7 as far as packages go and basically music too. The packages for 1-7 were great. And I loved how you were mailed a newsletter at the end of each year that had a ton of cool stuff and had a poster on the other side. That was epic. I loved having to order the package right when the online site went up and there was a bit of mystery until the package came in the mail. I know that’s just a sign of the times back then because social media and smart phones weren’t really a thing yet but still. Although Best Buy did start carrying those LPU boxes starting with LPU6. Still was cool. My friend actually worked at Best Buy at the time LPU6’s one dropped (the first one ever actually) and he somehow got one from the back room. We had the CD before even fansites had it by a few days. We listened to it at our work on the CD player we had there and cranked it up. Was awesome. LPU7 has a newsletter too but you had to order it and it was a small booklet , different from the poster ones. Still was epic though, I love that LPU7 booklet, still have it. LPU8 had that digital one in 2009 so it was lame. And the packages after LPU8 were always kind of blah. It’s not just cuz it was the end of the MTM era, I know that’s what everyone will think as to why I say that. But the packages did get boring to me and the designs were kind of crap. The quality of the shirts also went down a lot. I remember the LPU12 shirt was basically destroyed after a few washes, where as I still wear the ones from 1-8 to this day actually. 

I 100% agree with you. As we know the perfectionist attitude of the band, I guess that, since the unfair rage of the LPU8, they felt ashamed of showing us demos. Stuff that we, as fans, we crave for it, but they obviously think "we don't want you to look our skeletons in the closet, we don't feel proud of them". That's why they even edit demos just before it's release and most of them weren't worth to be listened to (That doesn't mean that I hate every demo, I love some tracks like Aubrey One, but you get the point). For me, the LPU2-6 format was the best. Quality over quantity. Although what I missed the most was the exclusive live tracks (not DSPs like LPU7 or some CD singles of that era)

23 hours ago, JZLP said:

Back then it was a privilege an honor 

Dude what? You paid money to be part of a fan club. It wasn't some exclusive thing, it wasn't limited in any way. In no way was it ever a privilege or an honor. Not saying this new merch bundle is outstanding but come on lol

30 minutes ago, SasstielExperience said:

Dude what? You paid money to be part of a fan club. It wasn't some exclusive thing, it wasn't limited in any way. In no way was it ever a privilege or an honor. Not saying this new merch bundle is outstanding but come on lol

I think what he meant was that back in the old days it was ‘’cool’’ to be a member of the LPU. I didn’t join the LPU until 3.0 but I can imagine it just have been cool to have been a member in LPU1 or LPU2. LPU3 was still cool, so wasn’t LPU4. I didn’t go to any LP shows in the Meteora era because I had just become a hardcore fan in 2003 and I was also pretty young and just didn’t really pay attention to the live stuff until like 2005 and by that point the band was basically on hiatus from touring, at least in my area and mostly everywhere else at that point. Could have gone to Live 8 but I didn’t yet have a driver’s license since I was only 14 at the time of the show and nobody would bring me. Would have been a 5 hour drive. Anyways I’m sure meeting the band back in the early days of the LPU was pretty awesome. They had epic shit too like the LPU Newscasters and stuff. Invited LPU fans to the Faint video shoot and tons of other stuff. Did a whole free tour for LPU members in early 2003. They even kept doing some of this stuff in 2007-2008. But besides that, the merch package that came with the membership was cool back then. Merch wasn’t as ‘’everywhere’’ as it has been since like 2007. So having a LPU shirt was awesome back then and so wasn’t having all the little stuff that came with the membership. The internet wasn’t like it is now and people didn’t just buy shit off eBay and stuff because it was hard to find, members kept their stuff. You had to join and wait for your package to come. The website was also amazing back as far as I can remember when I joined in 3.0. It was legit the best place for hardcore LP fans until LPLive became the best place in 2008 (birth of the good forum). Once LPU switched over all it’s shit, the message board became garbage and the site did too. The site used to be epic with the layout. It was easy and the skins and everything were just epic. It was all taken care of very, very nicely. The LPU was also awesome with how I was able to meet Fort Minor at their show in Boston on 2/3/06 (my first ever concert). Was pretty cool that I was afforded the opportunity. I also got to meet LP 4 times in 2007, the first being at Bamboozle, which was my first LP show ever. And I don’t care what people say about the Meet and Greets being better in later years, they weren’t for me personally. Because I got to meet the full band 4 times in 2007 (also at every PR07 show I went to, the 3) and they were all super nice and let me take pics, talk with them, etc. I wouldn’t trade those memories for the world. So I thank LPU for that back then. I also loved the other stuff like I mentioned in my original post about how you got cool stuff like the newsletters at the end of each year and other little things that just made it cool. The music was also amazing from 2-6 because we got stuff that was super rare at the time to get from the band and also great live tracks that sounded amazing. 6 was the perfect number for a track listing and I liked how it was a mix most of the time. But even the live CD’s were awesome to me (3, 5, 7). LPU8 like I said I hated at first but grew to absolutely love it as a release. It’s honestly one of those things where you had to be a member back then to understand how special it was, partly because it took place in a time that was essentially pre-social media and life was just different.

Edited by Garret

1 hour ago, SasstielExperience said:

You came pretty late to the game

Im a fan since 2001 I joined LPU since year 1 its not about money its about true love and passion for this band. 

You'll never understand.