Post Traumatic EP - Instrumentals & Acapellas

hahninator

Mike has released the instrumentals and acapellas from the Post Traumatic EP, saying on Twitter earlier today, "BTW: DJs, producers, and remixers...I have something for you today. #PostTraumatic"

The tracks are in lossless form:

- Place To Start (Acapella)

- Place To Start (Instrumental 105 BPM)

- Over Again (Acapella)

- Over Again (Instrumental 73 BPM)

- Watching As I Fall (Acapella)

- Watching As I Fall (Instrumental 80 BPM)

Download here.

I want to build a house and live in those "oh's" in Over Again. They're even more beautiful and haunting a cappella. There are so many layers with these moments of dissonance and it works so perfectly. I've always thought Mike could sing really well but this is honestly a whole new level. It's been weeks and I'm still in awe of these songs. I keep finding new pieces that I'd been overlooking before. I can't wait to see what else he's been working on.

I laugh when I see certain people saying Mike can't sing properly. It's a different story if it's not for your taste, but to sit there and say he's "annoying", I don't know man, I've heard much worse voices, especially knowing how has he evolved through the years, he's a decent/quite good vocalist.

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

I laugh when I see certain people saying Mike can't sing properly. It's a different story if it's not for your taste, but to sit there and say he's "annoying", I don't know man, I've heard much worse voices, especially knowing how has he evolved through the years, he's a decent/quite good vocalist.

He isn’t Chester and even acknowledges that. But he isn’t that bad. He is on par with a lot of other singers in the biz. In other words, he isn’t in the ‘’elite’’ level like Chester, but he is in the good vocalist level. He is not a bad vocalist.

He isn’t Chester and even acknowledges that. But he isn’t that bad. He is on par with a lot of other singers in the biz. In other words, he isn’t in the ‘’elite’’ level like Chester, but he is in the good vocalist level. He is not a bad vocalist.

That's the thing, people compare to Chester wich no one should do because they're very different. Chester was and will always be an insane talent, no one ever will take that away from him, Mike is as talented as him, not for his voice (still good yes) but for other occupations, LP and FM are his babies, he created them along with the other guys, and that takes a lot of talent and time.

• 4 months later...

Hopefully Mike will have more time to consider this as a way to keep PT hype going now that he has a break before he goes back out on tour. Its been about a month since the album was released, which I think was about the time it took for LT and THP instrumentals/acapellas to be announced.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...