Another Xero Track? Rapology 11's Cover

RogueSoul

We've only just released Rapology 12, the CD featuring the super-rare Xero track 'Closing,' but we're already onto the next thing. We're still going backwards, and that took us to start looking for Rapology 11. We've found the cover of it, and there's an interesting detail on it.

18199122_10154682411820852_5828787748413

At first glance, you may recognize the artwork as being in the style of Mr. Hahn. Pay close attention to the turntable - on it, you can see "xero" and the Styles Of Beyond logo on it. We haven't found a tracklist or any details about the content of the CD, but this may be a glaring indicator of another Xero track to be found.

What do you think? Is there yet another Xero track to be found, or is this just purely an artistic shoutout by Joe? Follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page for more updates.

There are three known orders for this CD:
Astat, Afresh91 and Curt. The first one was a mistitled CD and the second one never arrived so I guess we'll wait and find out what's going on with the third. If Curt bought his CD from where I think he is, I guess there are better chances to get it this time.

Of course the real question is if there's any contribution from Mike/Joe other than the artwork.

You guys were pretty sure there was no more stuff before Rapology 12 (can't find the damn post) and now info about 11.

Actually we had 11's artwork around the same time we got the Rapology 12, but we weren't sure if it's only the artwork or if there's an actual track on it so we've decided to give it a few days before posting.

The sentence you're refering to was based on information from Lee but was fixed later (and that's the reason you can't find it):

For those of you who ordered Rapology 11, Lee says he think Joe did the artwork for that one.

"Mike used to do art for me and Joseph was my assistant when I was doing the Rapology series. I helped get them together and would introduce them at clubs like the Troubadour, Whisky, and The Mint here in L.A. I believe Joe did the artwork for the Rapology 11 as well."

Actually we had 11's artwork around the same time we got the Rapology 12, but we weren't sure if it's only the artwork or if there's an actual track on it so we've decided to give it a few days before posting.

The sentence you're refering to was based on information from Lee but was fixed later (and that's the reason you can't find it):

I see, ok then. Everyones waiting for any info and we'll post as soon as possible :)

Nice, but it could be a teaser for that they will release a track on rapology 12, or he just wanted to spread the names (kinda like a commercial).

How did we discover the latest Xero tracks were on rapology CDs? and how do we know there's no Xero tracks on other rapology CDs?

How did we discover the latest Xero tracks were on rapology CDs?

The tracklists for 13 and 14 were on Discogs. The songs on 12 were listed on Last.fm.

and how do we know there's no Xero tracks on other rapology CDs?

We weren't able to find the Rapology 11 tracklist, but I think we've already checked the previous ones from 1997 (10, 9, etc.) and the ones from 1999 (15, 16, etc.). The characters Mike created for 12, 13 and 14 were reused on the cover of Rapology 16 but there's no Xero song in the CD.

how do we know there's no Xero tracks on other rapology CDs?

EDIT ive checked volumes 1-10 & 12-17 so the last one might be on 11, there is a slim possibility there are Mike or Hybrid Theory tracks in volumes 18+ till Rapology volumes that got released before 2001 cause then Lee Cadena still worked on Rapologies and was still close with Linkin Park.

yeah i asked the one who bought it

Edited by SerioDrew

Rapology 11 tracklist (courtesy of Curt):

1. JD & Da Brat - The Party Continues

2. Ice Cube - We Be Clubbin'

3. Militia - Burn (Remix)

4. Black Caesar - The Symptoms

5. Bahamadia - Drop

6. Goodie Mob - They Don't Dance (No Mo')

7. Mr. Choc - Drop

8. Das Efx - Rap Scholar

9. Killah Priest - One Step

10. Godfathers Of Latin Hip Hop - Players Delight

11. Fatal - Everyday

12. Truly OdD - Drop

13. Money Boss Players - Dollar Bill

No Xero or Styled Of Beyond.

I can confirm the tracklist is correct, nothing obvious stands out unfortunately :( I will be flying to my dads in July so I'll check the item out properly once I get there and see if I can work out the artist ect.

thanks for the confirmation, i can't wait to find out if it was Mike or Joe the one who did the artwork

Well Mike made the logo for SOB so maybe a clue in that? I would not be surprised if this was Mikes original artwork, seeing as the rest of them were as well. Either way it will be interesting.

I am hopeful there is something contained within Mr.Choc (Drop). He was part of Beat Junkies which drop in and out of the LP sphere in different ways (DJ Babu was on H! Vltg3 for instance). I know Lee Cadena said he introduced Joe to the Beat Junkie crew when he started working for him. For all intents an purposes we can assume that this introduction was around the time Rapology 11 was released. So there is a very slim possibility of some material from Joe on track... will have to wait until July lol.