One More Light World Tour Setlist Ideas

hahninator

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That setlist isn't great, to be honest, at least in my opinion. BIO could be a good opening track but it would have to be executed right. It's a much better closer no matter how you look at it. The extended parts really make the track what it is and dropping them feels like you're weakening the track. The set doesn't really flow well either; 'Numb' is still a relatively heavy song and going straight into a piano medley is fine if there are more softer tracks backing it. Going straight into 'The Catalyst' afterwards feels far too climactic and interrupts the flow. The second encore feels pretty weird too, 'Given Up' wouldn't sound too great that late into the set considering the strain it puts on Chester.

Good ideas, but it feels much too idealistic rather than realistic. It could work, but it'd be pretty hard to pull off and I'm sure it'd be kind of awkward pacing wise.

Rob basically injures himself playing it.

Well, I can imagine why you have some of these thoughts.

About BIO: Let's agree to disagree about the importance of the extended outro, drumsolos etc. Of course it works great as a closer in it's current form. However, my whole idea for this setlist was to keep the pace and atmosphere alive. I don't know where you're from (no offence, it's just that the atmosphere of concerts in the U.S. differs from Europe), but in Europe during THP-tour the concerts actually started at the intro of Given Up: Guilty all the same was way too slow/unknown/difficult to get the crowd going. Everyone was just standing and watching. The most important thing at a live concert, is to get your atmosphere wild and alive. You have only one chance to kick the night off, and I believe that opening with GATS, WID, ND etc. is a missed opportunity. That is why opening with With You, Don't Stay, Faint, One Step Closer and Papercut was really succesful: Well-known songs, high pace, easy to sing allong and good to start a moshpit. I think BIO has the same opportunity and it would get the crowd going for the rest of the night.

IMO Numb is anything but heavy. I think it's a melodic opportunity to go from FTI into a medley. Especially when Numb has a piano outro. Going straight into The Catalyst is perfectly fine I think. Why? THP-tour. The first 8 songs (after GATS, of course ;)), everyone lost their minds. Great atmosphere, singalongs, moshpits, etc. This was completely killed by LP by playing 8 slow songs (Ballad-medley, BID, WFTE etc.) . I am not saying that they shouldn't play softer songs or anything, but 8 songs? Everyone fell asleep, people went to the toilets and got themself a drink at the bar. Not trying to hate, just trying to describe that I saw (and of course personally felt) at the concerts in Europe. First of all: from the piano outro of Numb to the intro of the catalyst would probably take 7 minutes (Crawling, Heavy (shortened, but slower) and One More light in full). That would mean 8 minutes of piano music, without any pace, drums, guitar etc. Please, just get the rythym back. Why The Catalyst? Because it starts slow, with mysterious music and the whole song builds up to an ending where the rythym is completely back. That means from the last up-tempo beat from Numb untill the climax of The Catalyst is more than 10 minutes. 10 minutes is the absolute max if you don't want to kill your crowd and atmosphere. And besides that: even if Numb and The Catalyst were extremely heavy songs, that doesn't mean it doesn't work to play a ballad in between. Do you happen to be familiar with Rammstein (one of Europe's biggest bands ever, and selling out arena shows worldwide since 2000 and wellknown for their amazing live concerts)? Probably you do. Last tour they played Mutter (their ballad) between Feuer Frei and Mein Teil (two of their heaviest songs). Exactly for the reason I just mentioned. Stone Sour does the same for over 10 years now: Bother and Through the Glass in the middle of heavy songs. This is the only way that you can play ballads at a concert. LP didn't understand this last time, and killed their own atmosphere.

You are probably right about Given Up being to difficult at the end of the set. It would be amazing on that spot, but if it is too difficult, then just switch places with One Step Closer, and move OSC one spot later in the setlist. :)

So like this:

1. Bleed it out (extended intro)

2. Given Up (extended outro)

3. Rebellion

4. From the Inside (extended intro)

5. Numb (piano outro)

6. Piano medley: Crawling (no second verse)/Heavy (no second verse)/One More Light (full)

7. The Catalyst (Fallout intro)

8. No More Sorrow

9. Papercut (extended intro)

10. Wretches and Kings (new intro)

11. Waiting for the End

12. In the End

13. New song (Talking to Myself?)

14. Battle Symphony

15. What I've done

-------------------

16. New Divide (extended intro)

17. New song

18. Faint (extended outro)

19. One Step Closer (extended bridge)

-----------------

20. Breaking the Habit (extended outro)

21. A Line in the Sand

And yeah, I am one of the hated HT/Meteora-fanboys who probably won't like the new album (judging by the first two tracks). But I tried to make a setlist that had everything: singles, new songs, older and newer non-singles etc. I believe that in this order it is the best to keep the atmosphere alive and it is refreshing to have songs switched to other spots which makes LP concerts a new experience.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback. Let's hope that LP put's something great and special together!

Edited by Kruspe

I prefer bio closing then opening I really don't think it would work as a opener. Thing that makes that song awesome live is the extended outro n that works great as a finishing song not a opener. And depends on where in Europe u are in uk the crowd went crazy from opening note and even through balled melody. Piano medley wouldn't work heavy is a new song no way there gonna cut it in half before they have even toured the new album and i wanna here new stuff in full.

(| - logical OR/rotation)

1. One Step Closer (w/ Foreword Intro)

2. Given Up | Lying From You

3. Rebellion (few shows with SOAD, so maybe ft. Daron Malakian)

4. The Catalyst (Fallout intro w/ Darker Than Blood v1; ch)

5. Breaking The Habit (Acapella outro)

6. Talking To Myself

7. The Little Things Give You Away (Long intro)

8. Somewhere I Belong | Papercut

9. Faint (ext. Outro /w Solo)

10. When They Come For Me | Believe Me (/w WTCFM verse)

11. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro/Outro)

12. What I've Done

13. Numb

14. Until it's Gone | Leave Out All The Rest (while not playing Ballad Medley)

15. One More Light (transition outro)

16. A Line In The Sand

- encore 1 -

17. Ballad Medley (LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent) | Battle Symphony (Piano)

18. Crawling (Piano)

19. Burn It Down (Acoustic 2017 Version)

20. Heavy (Piano)

-encore 2-

21. No More Sorrow (ext. Intro)

22. In The End

23. A Place For My Head (2012 Intro/Outro)

24. Bleed It Out (Long Outro /w Reading My Eyes)

I think it's balanced setlist, with few possible rotations (not hard to do), with magnificent ending of ther first phase, piano part to take a breath and then final act with some "killers".

Wish they made some rotations for some shows, but i think, visualisations can make it a bit impossible while they're programmed before specially for whole set imo.

Edited by morfeo

I would rather die than having to listen to this run of songs at a concert. (EXCEPT FOR ALITS)

12. What I've Done

13. Numb

16. A Line In The Sand

- encore 1 -

18. Crawling (Piano)

20. Heavy (Piano)

Edited by JZE

BIO would be a great opener 'cause it's a track that builds up slowly and then it blows up. Album version in the middle of the set would be cool too.

I would rather die than having to listen to this run of songs in a concert.

18. Crawling (Piano)

20. Heavy (Piano)

Thank you sir.

Realistic set

1-2017 New Intro

2-Given Up

3-One Step Closer

4-Faint

5-Rebellion

6-Battle Simphony

7-Numb

8-Papercut

9-Ballad Medley LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent

10-Runaway/Wastelands

11-In The End

12-Until It Breaks/Waiting for The End

13-Final Masquarade

14-Mike Solo Medley Remember The Name/Welcome

15-Crawling Acoustic Version

16-Burn It Down Acoustic Version

17-One More Light

18-A Line In The Sand

19-From The Inside

Encore

20-New Divide

21-Heavy

22-Talking to Myself

23-Breaking The Habit

24-Until its Gone

25-Bleed It Out

I wish that they could give us, the hardcore fans ONE FUCKING SLOT to hear something like High Voltage, Forgotten, F09, P5HNG.

It wouldn't hurt the beautiful ears of the casual fans.

Agree! I want Figure 09. Not an outstanding song, but it is badass and has a great groove in the verse. Also By Myself. I can understand that they don't play it anymore, but, like you said, it would not hurt to play at least one or two rare songs each night.

I would rather die than having to listen to this run of songs at a concert. (EXCEPT FOR ALITS)

12. What I've Done

13. Numb

16. A Line In The Sand

- encore 1 -

18. Crawling (Piano)

20. Heavy (Piano)

This x10000000000000

Okay, this is primarily a structural suggestion rather than an absolute song suggestion (although it's close to what is realistically possible).
In summary, the setlist structure is loosely Hard > Soft > Hard > Soft > Hard. This is trying to get away from the issue of the drawn out slower section of the set.

I included some rotational song slots - it would be easy enough to turn this into distinct setlists instead.

01. Wake/The Requiem/other new intro (one of these or maybe rotating intros?)
02. Given Up
03. What I've Done (Distorted Remix Intro - please LP make this happen)
04. Rotation: Papercut/Points Of Authority/With You
05. Rotation: Lying From You/From The Inside/Somewhere I Belong
06. Bleed It Out
---
07. Battle Symphony
08. Roads Untraveled
09. Rotation: In Pieces/Burning In The Skies/Breaking The Habit
10. Invisible
11. Numb (long last note transition into...)
12. Heavy
---
13. No More Sorrow (Long Intro)
14. Mark The Graves
15. Waiting For The End (w/ or w/o Apaches Intro)
16. Final Masquerade
---
17. Burn It Down (Piano Version)
18. One More Light (Studio or Piano Version, whichever fits more)
19. Crawling (Piano Version)
20. In The End
-------------------------------------
21. (new song)/Leave Out All The Rest/Shadow Of The Day (provided options for an additonal MTM song in the set)
22. By_Myslf
23. One Step Closer
24. Faint

I like that a lot. Fixes the obnoxious Bleed It Out problem of closing for almost a decade straight. They aren't going to play Mark The Graves BUT Mike did indeed say "we might play more THP songs next touring cycle", like what they did with Robot Boy I guess. I guess it's possible.

Okay, this is primarily a structural suggestion rather than an absolute song suggestion (although it's close to what is realistically possible).

In summary, the setlist structure is loosely Hard > Soft > Hard > Soft > Hard. This is trying to get away from the issue of the drawn out slower section of the set.

I included some rotational song slots - it would be easy enough to turn this into distinct setlists instead.

01. Wake/The Requiem/other new intro (one of these or maybe rotating intros?)
02. Given Up
03. What I've Done (Distorted Remix Intro - please LP make this happen)
04. Rotation: Papercut/Points Of Authority/With You
05. Rotation: Lying From You/From The Inside/Somewhere I Belong
06. Bleed It Out
---
07. Battle Symphony
08. Roads Untraveled
09. Rotation: In Pieces/Burning In The Skies/Breaking The Habit
10. Invisible
11. Numb (long last note transition into...)
12. Heavy
---
13. No More Sorrow (Long Intro)
14. Mark The Graves
15. Waiting For The End (w/ or w/o Apaches Intro)
16. Final Masquerade
---
17. Burn It Down (Piano Version)
18. One More Light (Studio or Piano Version, whichever fits more)
19. Crawling (Piano Version)
20. In The End
-------------------------------------
21. (new song)/Leave Out All The Rest/Shadow Of The Day (provided options for an additonal MTM song in the set)
22. By_Myslf
23. One Step Closer
24. Faint

wow very nice setlist!

Rob basically injures himself playing it.

The main reason that Guilty All The Same wont't be playing again is they just can't synchronize. They have problems playing with that song. Just watch Rock In Rio 2014 and Red Bull Sound Space at KROQ 2014.

As someone that hasn't really been following LP live for the past few years, can someone explain this to me? I've seen it mentioned a couple of times and am curious what it refers to.

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=11877

"Mike would love to play ‘Keys To The Kingdom’ and ‘Mark The Graves’, but he doesn’t think it’ll happen this tour. He’s interested in playing them on the next tour, though."

"- Dropping THP songs: 'Rebellion' dropped for China, 'Guilty All The Same' because Rob had shoulder problems playing it and Brad hurt his wrist playing it."

I would like the band to consider playing the following set at one show in the near future:

1. Announcement Service Public leading into You Ain't Gotsta Gotsta (including Mike laugh at the end)
2. Don't Stay
3. From The Inside
4. Runaway (song ends with "I wanna run away and open up my mind" and then…)
-Little instrumental interlude-
5. Heavy ("...I don't like my mind right now")
-Little interlude while Chester talks to crowd. Chester says "Ok guys, now that you've heard Heavy, you ready to hear something HEAVY?!"
6. Qwerty
7. LOATR (Chester mentions during the intro of the song "Thank god we're done with that ballad medley crap, right? This song was in Twilight so get ready cause I'm gonna sparkle like a vampire!)
8. Wastelands (leading into…)/Victimized
9. Burn It Down
10. Waiting For The End (leading into…)
11. Faint
12. Crawling
13. Battle Symphony
14. Given Up
15. Until It's Gone
16. Rebellion
17. SOTD
18. What I've Done
19. In The End
20. Breaking The Habit

------Encore-----

21. LITE
22. One Step Closer
23. Iridescent (leading into)
24. Numb
25. Bleed It Out

------------------------

Band takes a 3 minute break, then comes out on stage. Chester says:

"Y'all thought we were going to finish with Bleed It Out like we always do, right? WRONG!! Instead…we're going to send you away with a Good Goodbye!"

26. Good Goodbye

After the song is finished, Chester yells out "have a good goodnight and a good goodbye! Goodnight everyone!!!!". The band exits the stage.

Later…when the arena is more than halfway empty…the band comes back out. Chester comes on stage and says "For those that stayed, we have one more surprise. This truly is our last song!"

27. PB N' JELLYFISH

Check out how John Mayer does his setlists this tour.

5 songs full band
3 songs acoustic
3 songs john mayer trio (3 band members) (usually 2 of these are covers)
5 songs full band
encore of 2 songs
sometimes double encore with 1 song

Doesn't play the same singles each show. Changes openers, closers, entire song placement. Picks like 60% of the singles to play each show. Genius.