2017.02.27 - The Late Late Show With James Corden

RogueSoul

I know people that went to this show. They definitely DID play a new song. It wasn't broadcast for whatever reason.

If this is indeed true (not doubting you), it'll surface pretty fast. LPU members or not, SOMEBODY recorded and will post soon enough lol.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know maybe it's not worth to post, but when James Corden announces Linkin Park, he is holding an album artwork (vinyl maybe) that have the album and band names on it. It wasn't confirmed that this version was fake?

Yeah, it's the one from Rolling Stone. I think probably when the album release, they gonna put a transparent sticker on the cover.

Here's come the hate... :rolleyes:

btw, This song keeps getting better for me. Looking forward to hear "Invisible".

Here's come the hate... :rolleyes:

btw, This song keeps getting better for me. Looking forward to hear "Invisible".

Not hating, just find the song boring.

"Beautiful drums, those drums" "highly anticipated new album" - James Corden. Either they arranged that or he was drunk :D

I like how people hate the electric drums and that LP never used them before and still call themselves "old LP fans".

Right, it is not that LP used these drums for Faint and Figure 09 in both intros....People today..

I didn't want to react immediately after the song came out, since it was a huge disappointment for me and I already saw enough hate about the song. Linkin Park has been my favourite band since the end of 2000 and I always loved how they were trying to be progressive and everything...

But after hearing the song for over a week now and seeing the live version of it, I can say that I personally think this is awful. Not because it's way too easy (seriously, just the same 4 chords during the song over and over again?), but just because this is the same crap you get tons of when you turn on the radio. This is the reason why I haven't listened to radio for over 10 years, and now my favourite bands start to produce this awful music. It's a disappointment for me, but I'm glad most of you seem to like it by now. I didn't come here to bash their new song, and besides that there isn't anything to say what hasn't been said, but these are not the best times for a fan since HT.

I didn't want to react immediately after the song came out, since it was a huge disappointment for me and I already saw enough hate about the song. Linkin Park has been my favourite band since the end of 2000 and I always loved how they were trying to be progressive and everything...

But after hearing the song for over a week now and seeing the live version of it, I can say that I personally think this is awful. Not because it's way too easy (seriously, just the same 4 chords during the song over and over again?), but just because this is the same crap you get tons of when you turn on the radio. This is the reason why I haven't listened to radio for over 10 years, and now my favourite bands start to produce this awful music. It's a disappointment for me, but I'm glad most of you seem to like it by now. I didn't come here to bash their new song, and besides that there isn't anything to say what hasn't been said, but these are not the best times for a fan since HT.

If there's nothing to say, then don't. But you still criticize the song. It's awful because you can't accept the fact that it's LP song (band that produced nu-metal stuff). If you understand the song, you'll not find it boring. Funny when people think LP produced "garbage" while everything they created is an art, not just random trash songs. You can keep saying it's awful to yourself because it's your opinion, rite?

If there's nothing to say, then don't. But you still criticize the song. It's awful because you can't accept the fact that it's LP song (band that produced nu-metal stuff). If you understand the song, you'll not find it boring. Funny when people think LP produced "garbage" while everything they created is an art, not just random trash songs. You can keep saying it's awful to yourself because it's your opinion, rite?

Not liking this song has nothing to do with nu-metal. The song is embarrassingly simple and generic. It's nothing more than a radio friendly pop tune. And whether they admit it or not, after THP, this is exactly what they were going for. THP got zero radio exposure, and even though bands say they don't care about things like that, they do....and more importantly, labels do. I just find it all to be ironic, since Mike trashed exactly this type of music leading up to THP.

Edited by castro78

People are allowed to not like the song and have it be for any number of reasons. I'm so sick of seeing this argument. The person never brought up the style of music in their criticism of the song. Personally I like the song. I like it a lot actually but I'm not going to get offended every time somebody says they don't. Everybody is entitled to their own opinions and you don't have to agree. You also don't have to project some bullshit reason for why they don't like the song.

Kruspe stated that he didn't like the song because it's simple and generic radio pop. Now you may not agree with these criticisms but he never said that the reason he didn't like it is because it's "not nu-metal" or whatever.

Being a fan of some band =/= liking whole stuff the band is releasing.

Everybody has his own, personal taste, everybody can put a lot of criticism if they don't like something and it's not only linked with music, that's just natural reaction. For example, someone says: I am big fan of Pepsi taste. Is it said that this person must love absoluetly edgy composition of Pepsi (like cucumber mixed with fish soup or sth) if the company would like to drop it?

I don't like Heavy in studio version, but the one from fb live performance grows on me. What i'm trying to say, it's my opinion which you can agree or not, whithout pushing yours into me 'cause we are thinking differently ;)

Has Mike really bashed pop music though? Or just that rock stations weren't really playing rock music at the time? I've never heard/read him say anything bad about pop music.

He actually said he didn't like that a lot of the pop scene sounds very similar and he cited bands like Chvrches and Haim as examples of diversity.

(ENDS UP MAKING A GENERIC SONG, DAMN.)

I'm just gonna leave this here:

https://vk.com/wall-1849_1463785

There's no real definition of what is art, so "random trash songs" could be considered art by some people. I understand Heavy is meant to be some very deep and personal song. I still don't like how it sounds and don't like the lyrics at all. It's funny how everytime someone dislikes a Linkin Park song someone defending it will mention nu-metal.