Heavy 2 Track Single CD - March 10th

hahninator

Hahninator, can you add tracklist to the first post?

From this moment on, every comment that's not related to the subject and intended to offend another member directly will be removed and the member will earn a vacation. No exceptions. No more warnings.

It would be very nice, if you would apply this also to people, who already share their opinions about the song/album and now they do nothing but hating all the time, in every thread that have new song/album title in its name. It's enough of that too.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be very nice, if you would apply this also to people, who already share their opinions about the song/album and now they do nothing but hating all the time, in every thread that have new song/album title in its name. It's enough of that too.

Definitely getting annoying... Some of us LIKE the song ya know?

It's funny that I hardly ever mention anyone by name like Astat does. I literally just post my opinion. My opinion 100% had everything to do with the subject of this thread because I stated that I would not buy the CD and that I don't enjoy the song. Literally, Astat is the one who goes out of his way to mention me by name because I bring negative opinions about the song. So are we allowed to say we don't like the song or are only the people who love the song allowed to comment about it? Seems a bit crazy to me.

It's funny that I hardly ever mention anyone by name like Astat does. I literally just post my opinion. My opinion 100% had everything to do with the subject of this thread because I stated that I would not buy the CD and that I don't enjoy the song. Literally, Astat is the one who goes out of his way to mention me by name because I bring negative opinions about the song. So are we allowed to say we don't like the song or are only the people who love the song allowed to comment about it? Seems a bit crazy to me.

Wasn't directing what I said to you bro. you can express your opinion. It's fine. I was talking in general, so many people have been at each others throats, and it's only one song. I forgot how petty people can be sometimes... this forum is usually an escape for me, but damn, it's getting crazy!

Edited by xxHybridXeroxx

Wasn't directing what I said to you bro. you can express your opinion. It's fine.

I wasn't even posting that for you. I was posting that at the comments in this thread in general. All I said in my original post is that I wouldn't be buying the CD and that I think the song is garbage. There wasn't a need to call me out specifically to another member before I ever even posted in the thread simply because Castro didn't like the song, either. People can just say that they plan to buy the CD because they enjoy the song, or people can say that they don't want to buy the CD and don't enjoy the song. I don't understand why that was a terrible thing to say.

I wasn't even posting that for you. I was posting that at the comments in this thread in general. All I said in my original post is that I wouldn't be buying the CD and that I think the song is garbage. There wasn't a need to call me out specifically to another member before I ever even posted in the thread simply because Castro didn't like the song, either. People can just say that they plan to buy the CD because they enjoy the song, or people can say that they don't want to buy the CD and don't enjoy the song. I don't understand why that was a terrible thing to say.

I know. just thought I'd make it clear. And that's fine, People have a right to their opinions. I like the song, but others may not, and that's ok! Freedom of speech is important!

We can't silence people just because their reactions aren't positive, even if they expressed it already over and over again, so as long it's topic-related it's going to stay. I'm sure most of the members wants to read only positive comments but this is not going to happen in a Linkin Park forum. The band change their musical style every two years and that means people might change their feeling towards the band or the music.

Some of the people here, and in our colleagues communities, are the most passionate people when it comes to Linkin Park. I can realize why some people feels so grumpy when they're getting something that's way too far from what they were expected. Some of the A Thousand Suns reactions were even worse. But all in all people come here to express their feelings - positive AND negative. That is what this place is about.

But I can offer you all this solution: while browsing the site using the desktop you can see a button titled "Report" USE IT everytime you feel someone is going overboard with his comments or spamming just for the sake of it, and we'll address it if needed.

I know. just thought I'd make it clear. And that's fine, People have a right to their opinions. I like the song, but others may not, and that's ok! Freedom of speech is important!

Exactly. All I ask is that I'm allowed to state my opinion on something, whether it be a popular one or not. I don't want to attack people and I won't be attacking people individually based off of what they say, that is what I was trying to say yesterday. But I still think I should be able to say how I feel about things the band is doing. Isn't that the whole point of a discussion board?!? I didn't even use profanity or anything in my original post and I was called out by name in this thread before I even posted. I simply just said that I didn't want to buy the CD (I usually buy everything the band does, that's why) and that I didn't like the song, being the reasoning why I wouldn't be buying it. Sorry if that truly offended anyone.

Exactly. All I ask is that I'm allowed to state my opinion on something, whether it be a popular one or not. I don't want to attack people and I won't be attacking people individually based off of what they say, that is what I was trying to say yesterday. But I still think I should be able to say how I feel about things the band is doing. Isn't that the whole point of a discussion board?!? I didn't even use profanity or anything in my original post and I was called out by name in this thread before I even posted. I simply just said that I didn't want to buy the CD (I usually buy everything the band does, that's why) and that I didn't like the song, being the reasoning why I wouldn't be buying it. Sorry if that truly offended anyone.

Didn't offend me, As I say to each their own....

Didn't offend me, As I say to each their own....

Well thank you for acting being reasonable and understanding that not everyone is going to have the same opinion and that some people will express their love and/or hate for a release by the band. It's expected, IMO. For example, I love MTM, it's my favorite work from the band. But when it came out, there were a TON of hate comments. I didn't let that affect how much I loved it. I understand that with a musical release from the band, there will be different opinions expressed. And I didn't use profanity or anything like I said, I feel like I just saying how I feel and why I won't be buying the CD.

Well thank you for acting being reasonable and understanding that not everyone is going to have the same opinion and that some people will express their love and/or hate for a release by the band. It's expected, IMO. For example, I love MTM, it's my favorite work from the band. But when it came out, there were a TON of hate comments. I didn't let that affect how much I loved it. I understand that with a musical release from the band, there will be different opinions expressed. And I didn't use profanity or anything like I said, I feel like I just saying how I feel and why I won't be buying the CD.

Me neither. I won't let it affect me, and I try to be reasonable. to me it's just a part of life...

Anyway... I imagine a lot of people (at least here) are going to prefer the instrumental to the full version based on the criticisms I've seen.

Sort of like an UIG type situation. I think that too. I like the beat to this song a lot.

Just a reminder, I've already said that I don't like the song either. Negative opinions of it in general aren't what I was getting at.

"Geki #2" was my admittedly lame attempt at humor because you and Castro seem to always have similar opinions and ways of expressing them.

Anyway, moving on...

I think that all the hate for "Heavy" is caused by Chester and Kiiara vocals. I mean... I listened to instrumental of "Heavy" today three times and it sounds really like 'Linkin Park sound' from some "Living Things" songs or, for example, "Iridescent". ;) There is a lot of guitar, real drums and synths that they used many times on ATS or LT. I think that Kiiara featuring added a lot of 'Disney music sound' to the song and Chester sings strange in "Heavy" and that's why a lot of people keep telling that 'Linkin Park is going pop', etc. I like "Heavy" so much, I listen to it a lot, but I'm kinda sad that they gave us "Heavy" as a first single. I think that there is a lot of Living Thins sound going on in full album and without Kiiara it will sound more like "electronic rock" or some sort of "pop-rock". :D

If the first single would be a song without Kiiara, people wound't look immediately bad for "One More Light" and there would be more people waiting for the album. I like "Heavy" but I think that was bad move for Linkin Park to promote new album.

I think that all the hate for "Heavy" is caused by Chester and Kiiara vocals. I mean... I listened to instrumental of "Heavy" today three times and it sounds really like 'Linkin Park sound' from some "Living Things" songs or, for example, "Iridescent". ;) There is a lot of guitar, real drums and synths that they used many times on ATS or LT. I think that Kiiara featuring added a lot of 'Disney music sound' to the song and Chester sings strange in "Heavy" and that's why a lot of people keep telling that 'Linkin Park is going pop', etc. I like "Heavy" so much, I listen to it a lot, but I'm kinda sad that they gave us "Heavy" as a first single. I think that there is a lot of Living Thins sound going on in full album and without Kiiara it will sound more like "electronic rock" or some sort of "pop-rock". :D

If the first single would be a song without Kiiara, people wound't look immediately bad for "One More Light" and there would be more people waiting for the album. I like "Heavy" but I think that was bad move for Linkin Park to promote new album.

My issue is Kiiara totally dominate the song after the first chorus, in other words bad mix

I literally HATE the studio version of the song and I really hate Chester's vocals in the studio version. He sounds much better live. Kiiara I felt like wasn't needed, either. That's why I can't wait for a live version where Kiiara isn't singing and Chester or Mike sings it all. I don't know who mixed this song but it's fucking horrible. I don't usually like studio music from Linkin Park anyways but this one is particularly bad and largely why I hated the song upon first listen and since. Even the demo in LPTV sounded better to me.