Heavy 2 Track Single CD - March 10th

hahninator

Warner Music Group in Central Europe is releasing a two track CD single of Heavy next month, on March 10th.

In an era where music is mostly shifting towards streaming, it's good to see that the label is still releasing physical single CDs. Of course, the most interesting part of this to the fanbase is what track number two could be.

Linkin Park is a bit of a tossup when it comes to singles - it's unlikely that it's a radio edit of the song since it's only 2:50, but it could be a remix of Heavy. The band has recorded a lot of live material as well, even from the last world tour for The Hunting Party. Last year, we saw a behind-the-scenes video of a professional mix of A Line In The Sand which still remains unreleased.

EDIT: The tracklisting is now out:

01. Heavy (feat. Kiiara)

02. Heavy (feat. Kiiara) (Instrumental)

3/11 EDIT: The single has been released, and you can find a copy on eBay here. The back cover credits can be seen here.

The credits are interesting because they mark a departure in song credits for Linkin Park, who usually shares credit as "Written by Linkin Park" instead of by individual members. This is true even for LPU demos in which Mike is the only writer of the song - they are all still shared and have been for the band's career after the Hybrid Theory release. With Heavy, we see "Written by Mike, Brad, Chester, Julia Michaels, and Justin Tranter."
Also of interest is where vocals were recorded. Chester's vocals were recorded at The Pool Recording Studio in London. As it is unlikely that Heavy's final vocals were recorded in September 2015 when Mike did a writing session in London, there are two other likely time periods where Chester could have recorded in the UK. FIrst, the band visited Sweden and Germany in March 2016, doing events with Mercedes and WBR. He could have stopped in London then, or also in late July/early August 2016 when band members flew to Belgium for a racing event. Vocals by Mike were done at The Warehouse Studio in Vancouver. We know Chester and Phoenix went to Vancouver in May to meet with Mercedes, but Mike could have gone along at that time as well. Finally, Kiiara's vocals were recorded at Sphere Studios in North Hollywood, much later in the process.
The song was produced by Mike and Brad, and vocals were produced by Emily Wright and Andrew Bolooki. Andrew's name was mentioned by Chester in the live chat, but we previously couldn't decipher what last name he said. Andrew has worked with Selena Gomez and Jesse McCartney.
Finally, the song is mixed by Serban Ghenea, a name unknown to us before today as we were under the assumption that Ethan Mates had mixed the song and album. According to his website, "Serban Ghenea is an eight-time GRAMMY Award and three-time Latin GRAMMY Award-winning mix engineer." He has recently mixed the new The Weeknd song Starboy, the Zayn/Taylor Swift song I Don't Wanna Life Forever, Katy Perry's Chained To The Rhythm, Adele's Water Under The Bridge, Tove Lo's Lady Wood, Lady Gaga's Joanne, Bruno Mars's 24k Magic, and Oh My My by OneRepublic. He currently does not list Linkin Park's One More Light or just the single Heavy on his discography page. While it looks like that he mixes mainly big singles lately, it's possible he didn't mix the entire album.
We will have to wait until May to see.

Thanks to BlackChester for the heads up!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The radio edit is probably the clean version.

My brother's radio received a Promo CD yesterday with 6 tracks:

1. Heavy (feat. Kiiara)

2. Heavy (Clean)

3. Heavy (Instrumental)

4. Heavy (TV Track)

5. Heavy (Acapella)

6. Heavy (Clean Acapella)

I'm glad for Linkin Park gives us instrumentals and acapellas again.

Yes, Geki #2, we know. You've only said so about 57 times over the past 3 days.

I wouldn't buy this CD if it costed a dollar. Song is pure garbage. I would never support anything the band does for this song or album or even possibly the album cycle at all.

Instrumental lol. Ouch.

I wish bands would still release b-sides on singles. The last band I've seen do it was Brand New last year.

Agreed.

At this point I even would be happy with that 'amazing' 'solo' version did, where they talked about in that Facebook stream, as B-side..

I wouldn't buy this CD if it costed a dollar. Song is pure garbage. I would never support anything the band does for this song or album or even possibly the album cycle at all.

Good for you. How about you and Castro go mutually pity masturbate about it in one if the other dozen or so threads that are actually about the song/album you've already turned into cesspools of completely unconstructive negativity instead of being completely irrelevant in one that's about the CD single?

Astat...why do you always have to be such a huge douche? Do I make comments directed at you when you come in here and act like you're the only person on Earth who understands music? Seriously, there are times when you literally act like you invented music. Do I talk shit to you then? When you're being an arrogant asshole? No, I don't. I don't know you and you don't know me. So do me a favor, keep your mouth shut about me. Nobody asked for your opinion about my hatred of Heavy.

You should direct that to Astat...I only responded to his nonsense.

I didn't mentioned you or anyone by name.

---

This forum is about MUSIC and OPINIONS ABOUT MUSIC, whoever who wants to share OPINIONS ABOUT PEOPLE can add his "target" on Facebook and argue all night. Most of the people who come to read news about Linkin Park don't care about all this nonsense. Whoever who can't stand other people opinions (no matter how "stupid" they are) is invited to leave. That's it. No more spamming the boards. I always try to loose the rules a bit to make everybody feel more comfortable but this is getting to the point you guys looks like kindergardan kids who argue about which color the air is. Embarrassing. Stop it or I'll stop it.

---

Now Linkin Park since you're probably going to release this instrumental track as part of full instrumentals release can you consider next time to give us some interesting track as the second track? B-side, live track, demo of the single, whatever that will encourage us to buy the physical single? Thanks.

I didn't mentioned you or anyone by name.

---

This forum is about MUSIC and OPINIONS ABOUT MUSIC, whoever who wants to share OPINIONS ABOUT PEOPLE can add his "target" on Facebook and argue all night. Most of the people who come to read news about Linkin Park don't care about all this nonsense. Whoever who can't stand other people opinions (no matter how "stupid" they are) is invited to leave. That's it. No more spamming the boards. I always try to loose the rules a bit to make everybody feel more comfortable but this is getting to the point you guys looks like kindergardan kids who argue about which color the air is. Stop it or I'll stop it.

I agree Skipees. This is getting ridiculous. Expressing opinion is one thing, but attacking others is another. shame to see people acting like this... :( If I didn't know better I'd think I was in high school all over again... I'm trying my best to keep the peace between users, but It's not easy

Edited by xxHybridXeroxx