Linkin Park Launches "One More Light" Preorder

hahninator

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting somewhat of a Coldplay - Ghost Stories vibe from how I think this album cycle will pan out.

That comment about not playing full sized shows leads me to think that the shows will be more stripped back, still with a full band setup, but perhaps a minimal stage design, and likely a lengthier slow/acoustic block in the set.

Did someone know how is to order the bundle from europe?

When and from where the merch was dispatched and how long it takes to arrive?

Also the t-shirt size will it be in centimeter or inches?

And how can I have the Digital album and the lpu membership since these will not be dispatched?

Edited by stich

Maximum of ~44 minutes, then, probably under 40. Vinyl's a little on the pricey side for one record, but I think I might go with that. I'm still on the fence about it, though. I'm intrigued by the direction of the album, at the very least.

Maximum of ~44 minutes, then, probably under 40. Vinyl's a little on the pricey side for one record, but I think I might go with that. I'm still on the fence about it, though. I'm intrigued by the direction of the album, at the very least.

Yeah, I'd say 40 minutes tops. You can actually push a 12" to almost 25 minutes a side, but you lose a ton of high-end frequencies on the songs closer to the end of each side because the grooves have to be cut so close together that the needle just doesn't have enough room to move back and forth as far as it needs to to reproduce all of the information in the waveform. 20 minutes per side is generally the upper limit of the "comfort zone" in that regard.

/audio nerd talk

However, if the majority of the songs on the record are 3 minute pop tunes like Heavy, that means there might be room for one long song..."Battle Symphony" sounds like it would be something really epic to me but that's just a guess on my part.

Edited by Astat

Can't believe I'm saying this but I still haven't ordered anything. Whenever new Linkin Park stuff comes out, I usually order the most expensive deal they have as well as buying merch, etc. I actually stayed up all night last night thinking about it all. It's crazy that I've been a fan since 2003 and it's now coming to an end. I tried to force myself to enjoy Heavy last night but I just really couldn't get into it at all. I just really don't like it. I also just really don't like the new ''image'' of the band if you will, either. I don't like the new logo. I don't like the album title. The album artwork I did love but just because I enjoy an album cover doesn't make me want to buy an album if I don't like the music on it. Mike said the album sounds like Heavy, so that's a pretty good indication that I won't like the rest of the album, because I truly hate Heavy. Even the style that the band is dressing in lately annoys me greatly. The guest spots really annoy me. It annoyed me massively with THP and this was just overkill for me. I know Owen Pallet was on LT but he wasn't even listed on the track title and it was minimal. I guess the musical guests don't annoy me as much as ones doing actual vocals and shit, because Daron Malakian and Tom Morello didn't really annoy me, either. When I want to listen to Linkin Park, I want to listen to Linkin Park. In the old days, guests were always kept off main albums. Sure they had some strings done, etc. but it wasn't like this. I just overall do not like this album cycle at all. I will listen to the full album when it comes out but I don't have high hopes.

As for as the tour, I would like to say that I will go to as many shows as possible like I usually do, but it depends on the support acts and the set. If Kiiara is the support act I will not go to the tour, which was hinted at during that Facebook live stream thing. If the set is only piano renditions of songs and we don't get any songs from old albums played like normal, I will not go. So I will have to wait and see the details for it.

I don't really care who I'm ''offending'' on this site with my opinion. I'm allowed to have my own, or at least I thought I did. I haven't been attacking people directly or anything, I'm really just stating my dislike for all of this. I'm sure that I will be attacked by members like Astat and others because he just hates any opinion that I have, but I felt like I really had to post this. If you like Heavy and the new direction of the band, good on you, I obviously have no problem with it. This is just me getting this off my chest because I was up all night thinking about it last night.

Edited by Geki

I really want that huge bundle, but $150 is a little steep lol. Maybe once we get another single (which I think will happen before the album release) I'll revisit it. I would have probably done it if there were 12-13 tracks, or at least a B-Side that came with the bundle.

That being said I'm most likely just going to wind up getting the CD + LPU Membership.

I must say I am suprised that the album is only coming in May. The album only has 10 tracks, and with how things are going these days with loads of artists doing alternative ways to release their albums, I am suprised how traditional they seem to go for this record. Since I expect an other single around the album release or atleast an instant grat, like things usually goes. I mean it isn't really something negative, but I wouldn't have minded the album coming early April, mid April at the most. But I guess they have some promotional roll out, that will make sense once we see it.

I got the bundle b/c I just felt like I had to, being a die-hard and all. It's been some years since the last one so I justified it many ways lol

I'm most excited about the unique photograph it comes with

Just had to comment and say the list of collectibles in your signature is incredible lol

I agree, most artists are cutting down on time between announcements and release dates. This might be something on the WBR side though, they want time to promote it, etc.

If Heavy is indeed the core sound of the album, then WBR know they have a money-maker on their hands. That's why they want time to promote this one, while poor THP got thrown out so fast that some casual fans today still don't know that album even exists lol.

Edited by Justin

If Heavy is indeed the core sound of the album, then WBR know they have a money-maker on their hands. That's why they want time to promote this one, while poor THP got thrown out so fast that some casual fans today still don't know that album even exists lol.

A money maker? This shit sucks. Possibly one of the worst songs I've ever heard. And most fans know about THP, even the casual fans.

A money maker? This shit sucks. Possibly one of the worst songs I've ever heard. And most fans know about THP, even the casual fans.

I realize you hate the song. I'm referring to the wider pop-mainstream audience. That's probably who WBR will be targeting with their marketing. It's not like they could have pushed GATS to the top of the pop charts.

I know you hate the direction, but whether the hardcore fans like it or not, this album will appeal to an entirely different audience than LP usually has the attention of.

• 3 weeks later...