Linkin Park filming new music video

hahninator

I called it that they were filming a video amidst the photo shoot. I'm not the most intelligible when it comes to photoshoots but all the location changes and production trucks they had on their Instagram story looked like more than a photoshoot to me.

Yeah, you did call that. And I think it is true. Plus, if you look at the past, the band has done the first music video around the same time as the photoshoot for the album. And judging by what Mike said in the LPA Podcast about how the band didn't like what happened with GATS and Project Spark, I think they will have a proper music video for the first single this time around.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Spark's music video is a riddle to me, I like when they're experimenting and getting out of the box. The idea for Lost In The Echo music video was epic (of course we can debate on the actual result), but I have no idea how anyone in the band confirmed that Spark thing.

The Spark's music video is a riddle to me, I like when they're experimenting and getting out of the box. The idea for Lost In The Echo music video was epic (of course we can debate on the actual result), but I have no idea how anyone in the band confirmed that Spark thing.

This is what Mike said about it during that LPA Podcast thing from December 2015.

''We thought on that one, we did a game thing with Microsoft for their Project Spark sandbox game. And it just didn't happen. Like we didn't really... Joe didn't like the video thing that they all worked on together as much as he would have liked to. Nobody is mad at anybody for anything, we're all grown ups and can admit that it wasn't the best campaign.''

The Project Spark video looked like it was something put together by a teen who grabbed some footage from a video game he likes and slapped a song onto it without trying to sync it with the music. YouTube is littered with videos like these, and personally I think it's embarrassing that they actually green lit this.

The Project Spark video looked like it was something put together by a teen who grabbed some footage from a video game he likes and slapped a song onto it without trying to sync it with the music. YouTube is littered with videos like these, and personally I think it's embarrassing that they actually green lit this.

I agree that it was pure shit. Seems like it was Mr. Hahn's idea from the get go. Just like how he single handedly picked the artwork for THP too. Remember that LPU video where Chester was saying he wanted to name the album Carnivores and Mike said Joe wanted The Hunting Party and he was handling the art direction? I hope the entire band had a say this time around about these sort of things.

Why do you say that?

It seems to close next week, I can't see that happen. And everytime LP do a music video, they always release it one or two months later. The Catalyst comes to my mind, they announced they were shooting a video in June and they released it in August 2010.

He's Mike Shinoda.

Maybe?

The only good thing about the Project Spark video for GATS was the little extra intro to the song. The video could have definitely worked out if they gave it more time and drama. No one wants to watch a 7 minute video of a video game character running with the same background.

I'm glad they acknowledged that it was a mistake. I'm down for more collaborations like this in the future as long as they're better executed. A proper music video could've made THP a much bigger hit, but it looks like with whatever this single will be it'll at least have a proper (and seemingly personal and raw) video.

The only good thing about the Project Spark video for GATS was the little extra intro to the song. The video could have definitely worked out if they gave it more time and drama. No one wants to watch a 7 minute video of a video game character running with the same background.

I'm glad they acknowledged that it was a mistake. I'm down for more collaborations like this in the future as long as they're better executed. A proper music video could've made THP a much bigger hit, but it looks like with whatever this single will be it'll at least have a proper (and seemingly personal and raw) video.

WTF are you tlaking about? Project Spark video is fucking amazing! the whole idea behind it is genius.

NOT!

Guys, do you remember Dredg? That band who opened for LP in 2011? Their last album Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy was a little bit indie. I think new LP's album will sounds similar.

Dredg was one of the worst support acts ever! The singer was so pissed at Leipzig -.- Hope never to see them again xD

Soo, now it's 100% confirmed that they filmed music video. Amazing!

Can't wait really.

On the other hand, how long takes postproduction of that kind music video? Maybe we will get audio first this month and music video in February?

Edited by Nisshin

Can anyone tell what is written on that card?

Nothing important:
Left side:
Linkin Park
linkinpark.com
lpunderground.com
Right side:
Lorenzo Errico
*Alfredo's Thumb*
*Alfredo's Thumb*
*Alfredo's Thumb*
0 424 *Alfredo's Thumb*