Linkin Park Album #7 Complete

hahninator

Big news! Joe's DJ tech Warren Willis, who works with the band both in the studio and on the road, has posted,

"After 66 weeks, Linkin Park album number 7 is in the can, load out day and onto the live show..."

He also posted a picture showing that they were loading out from the studio. 66 weeks is 462 days, meaning about 15 months. This takes us back to September 2015, when the band hit the studio directly after their tour in Europe. Some of the updates of the process can be read here.

Mike mentioned that Linkin Park originally wanted to get new music out this year, but that they intentionally slowed down the process to create more songs. Now, they are finally done with recording and they have moved on in the process.

Following Chester's interview that said Linkin Park was mixing the album earlier in December, we should be very close to getting news from the band on a single release and an album date. There usually isn't a long delay, especially in the modern era, between mixing/mastering and a release.

I can see they promoting this album a lot. I don't think they will release anything out of nowhere. They need better marketing/advertising this time.

So maybe at the first week of january they will announce the single to be released at the last week of that month.

And then the album at march or something like that.

I can see they promoting this album a lot. I don't think they will release anything out of nowhere. They need better marketing/advertising this time.

So maybe at the first week of january they will announce the single to be released at the last week of that month.

And then the album at march or something like that.

I believe they'll promote the album a bit better this time around as well. I didn't think they'll release the album until after the first tour, but I was probably wrong unless there's going to be another tour around February/March. My best guess for an album release date right now would be mid April.

I've read that the first Single is out in January, which means that the Album will be out in March.

It's really good that they are releasing the album a couple of months before the start of their tour. I hope they play more than 2 new songs in the tour setlist.

In the other hand, they sold out Estadio Nacional in Peru in just 1 week which is insane and shows how much South America need them here. I hope they play new songs for those awesome fans.

I've read that the first Single is out in January, which means that the Album will be out in March.

It's really good that they are releasing the album a couple of months before the start of their tour. I hope they play more than 2 new songs in the tour setlist.

In the other hand, they sold out Estadio Nacional in Peru in just 1 week which is insane and shows how much South America need them here. I hope they play new songs for those awesome fans.

Really great to see you back around! Hope you're doing well.

That sounds right timing-wise, but starting the world tour in May with an album in March seems weird to me. But they haven't announced anything before then (yet). Maybe they can play some promo shows, like an album release show and some club shows (even international ones, London, Berlin, Tokyo) to promote the release. Or TV shows. I don't think they've ever released an album then started touring months later. They'll definitely play new songs.

The Peru sellout is the fastest sellout I have ever heard of for LP. That's absolutely incredible and should be talked about for the rest of their career. With that, I think they pretty much guaranteed South America gets a tour for every cycle. I hope this album does well so the shows sell well and they can continue to play Argentina, Chile, Peru, and Brazil every album tour. They already need to go back on this upcoming tour because of how well these shows are selling. For example one Brazil show is not enough.

Then they can start expanding to other countries in South America. Imagine if they did 8-10 shows on the continent. I don't think they understand how well they can do there, bands a lot smaller than them have a lot of success in South America. Papa Roach is playing Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Bolivia, Peru, Colombia, Ecuador.

Then they can start expanding to other countries in South America. Imagine if they did 8-10 shows on the continent. I don't think they understand how well they can do there.

This! I hope that after this South American tour they will understand that they can do great here and that there are a LOT of fans. Peru sold out concert is a BIG evidence.

Edited by HybridT

In 2012 LP did 4 shows in Brazil. At first, the venues were in São Paulo, Rio, Curitiba and Porto Alegre. The Curitiba show was cancelled a few weeks after the start of selling tickets, i think it wasn't doing well. Then they added another show in Rio, which basically had the same people on audience both days. In Porto Alegre it was supposed to be at an football (soccer) stadium, for 25000 people i think. Again, a few weeks after the selling started, they changed it to a closed venue for 10000 people. (They didn't expect the people that was going to Curitiba would go to Porto Alegre, so they could've fit those 25k easily).

After that, until now, they did just a few shows per time in south america. I guess they got scared about how the numbers were low. LP is fucking big here in Brazil, but mostly it comes from the casual audience... the people that know the hits playing on radio. Those aren't the ones that go to the show. At least here, LP is a band that brings only the people that really knows them, there are a lot of casuals and they don't attend the concert.

In 2004 they filled the Morumbi stadium. 70000 people i think (could be wrong). LP can do lots of shows in South America and sold out them all, but they need to be on mainstream even if just a little, so the casual people goes to the concerts as well.