LPU 16 Wishlist

DarkChester

Tinfoil (Original Longform Powerless 2010 Demo): Mike once mentioned that the original idea for this song came about during the A Thousand Suns sessions and it was originally a much longer song. I want to hear the original version of it badly. I feel like it's probably of the same calibur as Primo was on LPU13.

The Messenger (Demo): There is an old LPU-TV episode called ''Happy Birthday, Joe''. In this episode, you can hear the band messing around with different ideas and stuff and they're messing around with this audio from an ''English Country Pub'', as they called it. And it sounded fucking awesome, IMO. I would love to hear the audio of that mixed in with the song, which obviously didn't make the final version. But this version I would love to hear....

Sick (Don't Stay Demo): In the Meteora booklet that comes with the CD, it says that this song originally had a reggae vibe to it. Now that's fucking cool and interesting at the same time. I'd love to hear an early incarnation of this song. It's also one of the first Linkin Park songs that I ever heard and it would be cool in a nostalgic way as well for me.

Accident (Bleed It Out Demo): I've wanted to hear this since 2007. During the making of feature for MTM that was shown only in theaters at the Webster Hall showing, the band showed us the noise of the party in the background, and a different version of Bleed It Out as well, basically. I think the idea for this song was really cool, how they recorded an actual party that they had in the studio and infused it with this song. I would love to hear the original version that they had for this. Mike also claimed to have written over 100 different versions of lyrics for this song, so you know there is some good shit here.

Edited by Geki

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they had run out of good demos, that's why the last LPU CD was so low.

We had hardly got any demos of songs that have made the cut over the years. That's a shit ton of songs right there, not to mention all the other songs that didn't make the cut. And we have heard snippets from a lot of them in LPTV, etc., yet the band won't release them to us. I think we have a lot of demos left in the vault.

Besides just main albums songs that there are probably a lot of left in the vault, here are songs that we have never received a demo form for from main albums through LPU releases (I know some have been released in alternate forms or early mixes on other releases but I mean through LPU)

Papercut

One Step Closer

With You

Crawling

Cure For The Itch

Pushing Me Away

Foreword

Don't Stay

Lying From You

Hit The Floor

Easier To Run

From The Inside

Nobody's Listening

Session

Numb

Wake

Given Up

Bleed It Out

Shadow Of The Day

Hands Held High

No More Sorrow

Valentine's Day

In Between

In Pieces

The Requiem

The Radiance

Burning In The Skies

Empty Spaces

When They Come For Me

Jornada Del Muerto

Waiting For The End

Blackout

Wretches And Kings

Wisdom, Justice, And Love

Iridescent

Fallout

The Catalyst

The Messenger

LOST IN THE ECHO (Holding Company wasn't listed as a LITE Demo on LPU13 for some reason)

IN MY REMAINS

BURN IT DOWN

LIES GREED MISERY

CASTLE OF GLASS

VICTIMIZED

ROADS UNTRAVELED

SKIN TO BONE

TINFOIL

POWERLESS

Keys To The Kingdom

All For Nothing

Guilty All The Same

The Summoning

War

Wastelands

Until It's Gone

Rebellion

Mark The Graves

Drawbar

Final Masquerade

A Line In The Sand

Edited by Geki

There are tons of things in the vault. No problem. I don't like these short 30 second to 1 minute instrumentals. Whatever, it's stuff we don't have. It isn't a big deal, they aren't required to give us stuff. I'd rather hear demos of released songs now since the stuff they are putting out now seems so short.

There are tons of things in the vault. No problem. I don't like these short 30 second to 1 minute instrumentals. Whatever, it's stuff we don't have. It isn't a big deal, they aren't required to give us stuff. I'd rather hear demos of released songs now since the stuff they are putting out now seems so short.

Amen to that.

LPU11: November 15th

LPU12: November 16th ("a day" after the previous)

LPU13: November 18th (two days)

LPU14: November 21th (three days)

LPU15: November 25th (four days)

LPU16: maybe November 30th? (five days)

This is just brilliant, I have never noticed before.

I hope LPU16 is good. LPU15 had a few tracks that were good, like Animals and Chance Of Rain, but overall, I don't think it was that great of an LPU CD compared to some previous years.

Edited by Geki

I bet the package might be pretty good. I usually like the t-shirts, just not every year, but most of them. They should have the album out by next November so I think they'll want the LPU shirts to look cool since they'll be doing a world tour and a lot of fans wear them to shows

Edited by Geki

someone from LPCoalition said the new LPU will launch on November 14th and will have new logo. For merch, there will be t-shirt, poster art, keychain, headphone, badge and CD with 10 exclusive demos. The "Early Entry" is back for LPU.

might be true, might be false.

someone from LPCoalition said the new LPU will launch on November 14th and will have new logo. For merch, there will be t-shirt, poster art, keychain, headphone, badge and CD with 10 exclusive demos. The "Early Entry" is back for LPU.

might be true, might be false.

What's his source? It seems too soon to me. I'm expecting it in two weeks.

What's his source? It seems too soon to me. I'm expecting it in two weeks.

translation: LPU16 will launch on 14 November, 10 demos will be immediately. CD, T-shirt, poster art, keychain with a new logo, headphones, badge and returned early entry.

In addition, it will present its new logo.

can screenshots

p.s sorry for the bad design of the post, I am new(

Zb4pR0uAW1s.jpg

Accident (Bleed It Out Demo): I've wanted to hear this since 2007. During the making of feature for MTM that was shown only in theaters at the Webster Hall showing, the band showed us the noise of the party in the background, and a different version of Bleed It Out as well, basically. I think the idea for this song was really cool, how they recorded an actual party that they had in the studio and infused it with this song. I would love to hear the original version that they had for this. Mike also claimed to have written over 100 different versions of lyrics for this song, so you know there is some good shit here.

Apparently it's going to be on the upcoming CD, unless they'll pull "Fear" on it and release another version.

Apparently it's going to be on the upcoming CD, unless they'll pull "Fear" on it and release another version.

Wow, this is the second time that something on my wish list has come true. For LPU13, I wanted a LITE Demo and we ended up getting Holding Company that year. So pumped now. Mike straight up said in the video that he wanted to put early versions of songs on the LPU CD this time around, fuck yeah, it will be like LPU9!!!!!

I don't think it will be the very first original demo for BIO because Phoenix mentioned something about the lyrics in this version said ''Here we go for the 84th time'' or something, they literally re-wrote the lyrics for BIO 100 times or maybe even more. That's a big reason why I always wanted a demo of BIO on a LPU album because it's awesome, IMO. At least we basically know there will be vocals on it because Mike said the verses have different lyrics in that video, so we know they won't pull a Pretty Birdy on us.

Edited by Geki