Waiting For Tomorrow [Studio Version]

hahninator

I personally like this song way more than Darker Than Blood. Lyrically, structurally, the melody, etc.

I feel like I'm one of the few that actually liked Darker Than Blood. I love Chester's vocals in that song, especially the lead vocals at the end of the song, like Broman mentioned. I also agree that if the song had Chester's lead vocal for each chorus in the song, it would have been much better.

How is the leak not the final version? Seems pretty complete to me, I mean what more could possibly be added to this song? I think the song was cut from the album when it leaked and Martin doesn't want to use it on the album anymore, and I think that's because this was the final version of the song.

Edited by Geki

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's this YouTube channel called Spinnin' Talent Pool. It seems to be owned by a legit Dutch record label called Spinnin' Deep. They have a lyric video for Waiting For Tomorrow in their channel which was uploaded in September. According to the commentaries, Garrix used to be signed to this label but left because they wouldn't give him any creative freedom and that's when he decided to create his own label. If I remember right, he already had his label when he debuted the song live, but maybe it was recorded while he was still signed to Spinnin' Deep and they got the song. The audio is the same as the leaked version. This could be some sort of radio edit of the song.

audio reup:

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

"It seems it most likely will never be released as a sign of respect to Chester."

I may be wrong, and of course I will always respect the wishes of LP as it relates to Chester, but this explanation is something I don't really buy. WFT was in limbo long before Chester passed away, and I also don't see how essentially throwing away the song is a sign of respect.

Totally stupid fucking reason. Many artists have played live songs and released songs (see Steve Aoki's remixes, amongst many other tributes, such as the STP and JK ones, etc.). LP released a live album honoring him. Mike says to keep Chester's spirit alive and make him proud. A Perfect Circle literally finished up a demo that Billy Howerdel worked on with Chester for OML, even if Chester or LP isn't on it, he said he was convinced to complete it and release it after what happened to his friend Chester. It wouldn't be disrespect to release the song. Just say that you don't want to release it and leave it at that. He isn't obliged to release it but I hate that explanation. Sorry.

That full article is one big mess full of false information.

Obviously, Martin was working with Chester and Linkin Park before his passing. While it sounds like the collaboration was in its final stages, it seems it most likely will never be released as a sign of respect to Chester. Martin said there might be a time in the future if he and the band agree it feels right, but for now – it is on indefinite hold.

From where we know that also Chester work with him? Only Mike was working with him. Does anyone hear Chester in Waiting For tomorrow?

From the lack of reason, he will don't release it because of Chester death?

Chester is not on that song! Where is any logic right here?

https://s22.postimg.org/kdkf9398v/Martin_Garrix_Pierce_Fulton_feat._M._Shinoda_-.jpg

Edited by martinez

maybe they recorded a new version with Chester?

And what the fuck is that? From where we know that also Chester work with him? Only Mike was working with him. Does anyone hear Chester in Waiting For tomorrow?

Chester is not on that song! Where is any fucking logic right here?

https://s22.postimg.org/kdkf9398v/Martin_Garrix_Pierce_Fulton_feat._M._Shinoda_-.jpg

I love that song, and now I'm upset. I've been waiting for release for a long time. Sh*t((

Even if that's true, he should release a version with Mike only just like he planned to do (also that's why the artwork leaked). For now he search for any reason to not do that.

And what the fuck is that? From where we know that also Chester work with him? Only Mike was working with him. Does anyone hear Chester in Waiting For tomorrow?

Chester is not on that song! Where is any fucking logic right here?

that artwork is fake. someone found the images on google (using reverse image search). they used it because that's how STMPD RCRDS look and feel for all of their releases.

Edited by Stranger

So, since the label was used it, it means official.

since when the label use it? i meant, that photo with girl is random image. the one who created the artwork used the same style like STMP RCRD did. just like how you design LP/FM singles (make it looks official).

On 4/8/2018 at 1:17 PM, Stranger said:

since when the label use it? i meant, that photo with girl is random image. the one who created the artwork used the same style like STMP RCRD did. just like how you design LP/FM singles (make it looks official).

I think I once saw that the stpm records label post it or re-tweet the post with that cover but I can't find it right now.

From what I was saying about the song in my previous post... I've done re-search.

There are many versions of that song including a different tempo. And I can't really say If the version, he played during the instagram live stream doesn't have Chester's vocals too. It might have it.

EDIT: Also if it's about tempo and pitch, the version from instagram live doesn't 100% match with the leaked studio version.

I think this: version have the same pitch and tempo like the version that he played during the live stream. If you compare this live version with leaked studio version, It looks they don't match.

Edited by martinez

I mean if he says Chester is on it, he's on it because he recorded the song with them lol. The leaked one seems to be just Mike, I agree.

However, I think it's a bit pretentious for anyone to sit here and say it's a sign of respect to not release it. The song was completed years ago, it isn't in a state of unfinished business. It's like basically saying Chester wouldn't want it to be released. How would you know that?

Doesn't really matter to me either way since we have the leaked version, but maybe we will see this someday.

I mean if he says Chester is on it, he's on it because he recorded the song with them lol.

The thing, that Chester sings in that song never wasn't obvious for me at all. Too much unconfirmed informations and nobody heard Chester on that song yet.

Maybe the version he was about to release years ago had vocals by Mike only. Later when the song has leaked he decided to release a version that includes Chester's vocals too.

Right now the snippet I have checked from his instagram live, Is the only one that I can presume that there is a Chester too.

There is also mashup version https://youtu.be/RGgI4-5iLIo?t=89

I mean if he says Chester is on it, he's on it because he recorded the song with them lol. The leaked one seems to be just Mike, I agree.

However, I think it's a bit pretentious for anyone to sit here and say it's a sign of respect to not release it. The song was completed years ago, it isn't in a state of unfinished business. It's like basically saying Chester wouldn't want it to be released. How would you know that?

Doesn't really matter to me either way since we have the leaked version, but maybe we will see this someday.

This is so confusing with so many version,

Can anyone have a link to the leaked version?

Any song that doesn’t make a main album generally sucks anyways so it’s not a big loss. But still, stupid explanation to me. As for finding the leaked one, YouTube is your friend.