Mike's use of FM at LP shows

hahninator

I wasn't a big fan of the DBS encore in 2009 with LP, I saw it twice. I feel like with the LP shows, Mike is really using the LP name to push the FM song and project whereas that didn't happen the first time around for FM. He wore an FM shirt like 3x to the 5 LP shows in June (maybe 4?), he plays 2 FM songs in the setlists where LP could play 2 more songs. And the craziest thing is the FM Facebook page has zero info on the show announcements or music video release stuff, where he uses the LP social media to promote it all. I feel like a side project is a side project, not the main band. I love FM, I love RTN, etc and I want to see FM on tour, but I'm not a big fan of the FM stuff in the setlists and Mike promoting it at all costs with the LP accounts.

What do you think?

Right now, while Fort Minor is back and active, drop the FM stuff from the LP shows. Use those slots to play shit like WAK, WTCFM, LITE, or some new shit like Keys or AFN.

This. No need for doubling up on FM.

I feel like it makes sense to be playing Welcome in the LP set while he's trying to promote it. Timing-wise, he's working around LP's schedule and kind of limited in terms of appearances he can make as Fort Minor. This is prime time to promote the song since it just came out, he can always do more FM solo shows later in the year after LP stops touring for a while (which he probably will). It also gives Chester a break during the show, which is probably intentional.

Playing RTN feels really unnecessary though, he doesn't need to spend 6 minutes doing a mini-FM set in the middle of LP's show. At least with the solo medley it was mixed in with other LP-related stuff.

I am against this. As much as Mike rapped parts of other LP songs, it sounded ok for me. I know that is for Chester to rest, but if the FM Mini-Set occupes the LP set, then i prefer to see other LP songs being perfomed. They can play songs like Hands Held High, I Have Not Begun, Until It Breaks or even High Voltage, despite Chester has a little part on it but not that difficult. And in this way the hardcore LP fanbase coulb be much more satisfied for having some rare stuff in the set.

Unless they sacrificed songs from The Hunting Party to make room for these songs then I see no problem with it. Why play something that was made like 15 years ago that most people at the shows won't know? Remember The Name as mega popular in 2005 and 2006 and I know a lot of people personally who like it that don't even like Linkin Park. Welcome is new and obviously Mike likes to perform it, so why not?

Fort Minor this time around isn't like it was in 2005. Mike has been saying this but it seems like people don't understand it. It's just Mike this time around, he doesn't want to do a full tour with a whole band, etc. He wants it just to be a little outlet for him to perform. He said he is kind of like a DJ and he can show up and put in a flash drive and perform. He also has no plans for an album. So just because it's a solo project doesn't mean LP can't play it. Chester played DBS songs during LP shows in the past as well. It's not like they're not allowed to be mixed. STP is a bit different since it was already an established band and it's not a solo project.

It's funny that people are so crazy on this site, crying over the fact that they play a one minute interlude for Darker Than Blood. It's a new single that just came out in April and it's a one minute clip of it. It won't stick around for the next album cycle. People would be more likely to know a brand new single that is doing well with a huge artist like Steve Aoki as opposed to playing a song from 2000 like And One that only 5 people in the front row will know.