LPTV: DRAWBAR (feat. TOM MORELLO)

RogueSoul

The next "Making Of" LPTV has aired, this time featuring the band's encounter with Tom Morello of Rage Against The Machine/Audioslave as they crafted "Drawbar" off of The Hunting Party.

What did you think of the episode? More "Making Of" episodes are expected to follow (as a result of the huge demand for them in the community)!

I liked this episode. I would like to see more, but it's great that they let us see this tracking session that would later become a simple interlude.

I really hope they share with us the entire session in a LPU.

It was a decent episode, I like the look inside the tracking of the song, but I also wish there was more discussion regarding the actual song. I still don't see the hate for this song. Easily one of the best instrumentals the band has done in my opinion.

It was a decent episode, I like the look inside the tracking of the song, but I also wish there was more discussion regarding the actual song. I still don't see the hate for this song. Easily one of the best instrumentals the band has done in my opinion.

I agree... I think when people saw Tom Morello was doing a collab with LP, they expected something that sounds like a RATM track. When they realized it was a soft instrumental, they hated it immediately. If it did NOT feature Tom Morello, a lot more people would agree with you.

I think a little too much hate on this episode. We could have zero footage of this so I'm glad we got something.

The issue is that the band didn't have Fiore work on a legit 30-40 minute "making of" for the entire album, so these 3 minute clips don't offer us as much insight as we had for Meteora, Collision Course, Minutes To Midnight, and A Thousand Suns.

I liked this episode. I would like to see more, but it's great that they let us see this tracking session that would later become a simple interlude.

I really hope they share with us the entire session in a LPU.

Same. It sounds like at the beginning they're jamming on something different. It would have been cool to see more of that. I wonder what Tom Morello truly thinks about Drawbar. It's odd that LP ended up with this track when it's kind of simple...I thought they'd take a week with Morello and compose some true jams or something. I have zero idea how it goes in the studio though, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

I'm glad we're getting THP episodes.

I love Drawbar. Best LP instrumental (on an official album, at least). This episode was a bit boring though. I understand why people don't like Drawbar anyway, I expected something different from this collab too and I'd like to listen to the other jam sessions they had with Tom. Even though I think they could have made Drawbar even without Tom, I still love this instrumental a lot, it's deep, introspective and perfect for the transition from MTG to Final Masquerade.
I'd like to see an episode about ALITS.

I never saw hate on Drawbar until now O.o I always thought that everyone like it after reading opinions on linkinpark.pl, when album leaked. It always was ''love on LPL, hate on lp.pl'', but when Until it's Gone came out it was ''hate on LPL, love on lp.pl''. The same reactions at Drawbar. For me it's one of the best tracks on THP.

This episode is a bit boring and short. I hope next episodes will be longer.

Edited by xTirea

It's funny how everyone was complaining about not getting any behind the scenes on this album. Since we finally are getting some, people still find the need to complain. It's fucking stupid, enjoy the damn videos or don't watch them at all. Rant over.

This LPTV was....nothing.it's like begging for a cake and all you get is the the plate of a cake.

it was just like 'guys...look...we have Tom Morello in the studio' and that's it.nothing more.

He's so confident he came into the studio to record with LP with nothing prepared.

That's typical of him when he isn't working on his own material. His work on Electric Uncle Sam by Primus was 100% improvised on the spot too.

i regained my hopes for a THP making-of DVD :-)

If they're just getting around to releasing this stuff as LPTV episodes a year after the album came out, there is absolutely no way a DVD is happening. That ship has LONG sailed.