Coachella Jams: Mike & Friends

lpliveusername

Mike Shinoda dropped by the ResqHouse (at this year's Coachella festival) this weekend and played with Troy Resq, Austin Carlile of Of Mice & Men and Johnny Christ, Synyster Gates and M. Shadows of Avenged Sevenfold.

Setlist:

xx. Enter Sandman (Metallica cover): 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

xx. Bleed It Out (Jam Version): 1 | 2 | 3

xx. Petrified (Jam Version)

xx. There They Go (Jam Version)

Jam: 1 | 2 | 3

Mike

Edited by lpliveusername

It's weird to see that this can make it to the newswire, meanwhile the other skinny dude that is in another band,, who he is? oh Chester and his new band are in the fucking shadows in a random forum.

Mejor comentario amigo! :D

It's weird to see that this can make it to the newswire, meanwhile the other skinny dude that is in another band,, who he is? oh Chester and his new band are in the fucking shadows in a random forum.

Stop. We specifically made an entire subforum FOR the purpose of Stone Temple Pilots. They're a complete other band that has built a legacy independent of the success of Linkin Park (unlike DBS and FM), therefore they get to be in their own subforum. It's not like we dedicate anything less to them or don't promote them any less.

Stop. We specifically made an entire subforum FOR the purpose of Stone Temple Pilots. They're a complete other band that has built a legacy independent of the success of Linkin Park (unlike DBS and FM), therefore they get to be in their own subforum. It's not like we dedicate anything less to them or don't promote them any less.

I won't stop kiddo

I don't give a fuck if STP is another animal, still our man is their lead singer and deserves the same promotion than any other project.

I believe that we are different than the stupid fans from Below Empty that doesn't consider the new STP a real band.

Subforum, ha, give me a break.

Maybe you're right, but there's a small detail and that is some people go by unnoticed that subforum, some as unregistered users and some others pay more attention to Newswire or Get News.

Maybe you're right, but there's a small detail and that is some people go by unnoticed that subforum, some as unregistered users and some others pay more attention to Newswire or Get News.

DING DING DING DING DING

We have a winner.

On other news I hope that Mike's new friends do something with LP in the future

A7X feat Mike Shinoda would be awesome they need a song with rap!

Edited by OrangeJZE

I don't give a fuck if STP is another animal, still our man is their lead singer and deserves the same promotion than any other project.

I believe that we are different than the stupid fans from Below Empty that doesn't consider the new STP a real band.

Subforum, ha, give me a break.

"The same promotion than any other project"

1. New subforum
  2. New section of the site
  3. New Twitter
  4. Pre-show posts
  5. RT's on Official LPL Twitter

That's more promotion than the other projects have gotten.

"I believe that we are different than the stupid fans from Below Empty that doesn't consider the new STP a real band."

That's a general statement. It's the butthurt admins who think that, not the community.

"Subforum, ha, give me a break."

Which other projects have their own subforum? Julien-K, since they're their own band. Their success is not directly related to Linkin Park. Same with STP. Fort Minor, DBS, Grey Daze would be nothing (Grey Daze would not be remotely as known-about as they are today) without LP's existence.

You want to continue this? Make a thread in the STP section. This thread is about Mike jamming with other bands at Coachella.

Are you saying that STP news or shows should be posted in the main newswire? I disagree. This is different. Mike jamming with members of two other bands IS news. It's not like this is Mike's new project. When Chester first joined STP it was newswired, because it was NEWS that was important to all LP fans.

They got their own subforum though, because they are their own band. Not everyone who likes LP listens to STP. Their shows have no need to be in the Linkin Park newswire. Just like if FM does wind up doing an album or tour or whatever I wouldn't think that the shows would be newswired like LP shows either. I'm not sure on that, but that was my impression.

This is news though, so I don't see what the problem is. Mike joined other artists onstage. If it was Chester it would be news as well. It's different than asking why STP isn't here. It doesn't compare.

Edited by Justin

That is not true. Major STP news still go in the newswire. Pre-show posts are in the subforum because that just buries LP news happening at the same time.

Austin is fucking great dude?

Maybe at screaming (tho I personally don't care for his screams), but certainly not at singing. He's got a very weak vocal range. Its clear that Aaron and Austin recorded their acoustic version of Feels Like Forever using backing vocals as the lead just so that Austin could actually participate in the song. Aaron is where the real talent is at.

Maybe at screaming (tho I personally don't care for his screams), but certainly not at singing. He's got a very weak vocal range. Its clear that Aaron and Austin recorded their acoustic version of Feels Like Forever using backing vocals as the lead just so that Austin could actually participate in the song. Aaron is where the real talent is at.

Aaron is a fucking phenomenal singer, I'll agree with you there. Austin's screaming is alright, but the best part of OM&M's songs are when Aaron is singing. At least in my opinion.

Edited by CASTIELOFSASSEXPERIENCE