Lots Of Stuff!!

hahninator

I have a *lot* to cover in the next few weeks with you guys, so let's get started.

- First order of business - LPLive t-shirts. Quite a number of our members and visitors have expressed to me that they'd like us to create LPLive shirts for the fans to purchase. Awesome. With the first tour dates coming out for the summer, now is the time to have them done. I have some questions that need addressing and you guys will be the ones I want the feedback from, of course. What colors do we need? Do we want just shirts? Or hoodies? Long-sleeved shirts? Hats? I think if you guys will make some designs, I can get a poll up and running on the site and we can vote on the designs we want. So attention LPLive artists - submit your designs for our merch by March 14 (a little over 2 weeks from now), and we'll have a vote on it all. Please submit all ideas HERE. We'd like to get everything finalized so that they can be shipped out at the LATEST in May. Thanks!

- Secondly, Felipe has worked his magic and scored us yet ANOTHER interview - this time with JULIEN-K! Please post all questions you have for them in a reply to this thread. We will be sending the questions off on Monday, so you have all weekend to come up with questions about their album, touring, Chester's work with them, the Dead By Sunrise CD, things like 'Let Down (Acoustic)', and more.

- Next, the ticket stub collection is going VERY well and I'm getting so many tickets that I thought would never see the day of light (see: Music For Relief 2005, a canceled Beijing 2008 show, etc). Keep sending them in and I'll be sure to mention it about once a month for anyone that's lazy out there like me.

- Also, I'd like to announce a new thing I'll be doing on the site. I will be conducting some interviews with both our staff and regular members, as well as just some visitors. I will post about two or three a month, depending on how slowly or quickly the LP news is coming in. For now, I'd like to announce some changes in the staff. liliverson, a long-time member of the site, has been promoted to a moderator of the forums, and LESTAT has been promoted from our 'Mini Staff' to our 'Core Staff'. While we have more promotions and shakeups of the staff soon (see: Felipe, etc), you can check out the interviews with LESTAT and liliverson here. All of these changes are done in the best interest of the site, so congratulations! This also reminds me to finish the touching up of the Staff page (...oops)!

- Lastly, we will be starting an LPLive Newsletter soon, and we'll send it out to all members of the site. I have Amanda (SthGirlAM) working with me on it since she is very talented with newsletters, photoshop, etc. If you have any ideas for THAT, you can post them in this thread also. Thanks!

Questions to JK:

As you might already know we, at LPLive, cover not only live shows of Linkin Park, but Julien-K too. We are missing setlists of some of your shows. Could you help us with the info about those shows, if you have any archive of them somewhere?

Unrealistic request, but should give it a try.

How about releasing full show when Chester sang instead of Ryan on the 1st of September 2007? I think that many fans would love to see those videos.

Questions-

How was the Dead By Sunrise album process different than the Death To Analog process? Dead By Sunrise seems to be more rock-oriented while Death To Analog encompasses many genres.

How long did it take the guys to come up with the acoustical arrangement for Let Down to perform live? Were any other songs considered to be played?

I believe it has been mentioned somewhere that before the Dead By Sunrise album was done, Chester was helping Ryan with his vocal strength and ability...is this true?

How long ago did the coming up with songs and recording start for Julien-K? What was the first song to be done and what was the last song to be done?

When did the process start for Dead By Sunrise? Were you guys actually working on two albums at once at one point?

Did the Dead By Sunrise recording just include Ryan, Amir, Fu, and Chester, or did Brandon and Elias also contribute at times?

There are three projects Chester and Ryan are involved in - Dead By Sunrise, Julien-K, and Bucket Of Weenies. Which one came first (Julien-K was obviously started first, but Chester wasn't initially involved I believe?) and how did it come to be a relationship that eventually spanned three different musical projects?

Over the course of the past few years, Chester has stated a few times that he was done with the record, but then later said he wanted to either re-do a few songs or write a few more. An example of this comes in 2007 when he said the record was done, but following the Linkin Park overseas tour and the Julien-K supporting Evanescence tour, he wanted to continue work on the album. What was this like? Was the album actually complete at one point and then it was revisted? Are you guys (Chester included) ....in a sense...."perfectionists" when it comes to songs?

Chester also said that the Dead By Sunrise album was one that could be done, then put away for an extended period of time, and later brought back out and it would still be a solid, up-to-date album that fit in perfectly with the rock music at the time (meaning if he held it from 2006 to 2009, it would still be a solid album) - do you guys feel this way as well?

What was it like to have Chester produce Death To Analog? Did it just come natural for you guys to pick him? I believe this is the first actual production credit he will have on an album.

Obviously as we've seen with Blue Monday, you tend to pick lesser-known songs to cover. How did you guys come up with the idea to cover Nvr Say Nvr?

Ryan on Projekt Revolution 2007 stated that he wanted to get out and introduce the band by playing shows instead of having some "tired ass radio station play our songs". How was that? Not many bands just pop out and go on tour like that - was that a good experience for you guys?

After moving to the Evanescence tour later that year, it seems that you guys preferred to have total control over the excellent production elements of your set by playing at night. How was that tour? You guys certainly like playing indoors better, correct?

Maybe it's just me, but Ryan's vocals sound a lot softer on Dreamland and add a very unique element to the track. How did the idea come about for that song?

What tracks off of Death To Analog are your favorite? What about your favorite song to play live?

Do you guys have plans to record another video maybe later on in the album cycle?

These are the questions I have.

What was it like working with one of the greatest voices of the 21st Century? (Chester)

Are you ever planning on releasing a follow-up album?

Is there any chance u can post lyrics to Walking In Circles or My Suffering?

Awesome news! You guys do the great work! Thanx a lot!

I've got only one question, i hope someone wil answere me here

Who owns this home/studio? The pic's from julien-k site

http://s44.radikal.ru/i103/0901/22/3d4f1b73f022.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is Ryan's home studio :) Amir has one as well but there are several pictures of Ryan's home studio at the Julien-K site and this picture fits well into it.

And @ Hahninator: As I already said on the JKMB, it would be cool if you could ask them about an official European release for DTA or if they plan on making up the canceled European dates this summer (maybe even with LP?). There are so many European fans and even fan sites out there that we should really deserve a solid response to these questions :)

And by the way, I think you should take care not to ask too much about DBS and Chester and also include other questions that have to do with Julien-K because people should not get the wrong impression as if these guys are only getting famous because of Chester. Too many people already think that and it's a pity. I know it's LP Live and you have a special interest in their work with Chester but yeah, it shouldn't be all Chester, I think ;) Maybe you can also find a way to address this issue in the interview?

I'm pretty sure this is Ryan's home studio :) Amir has one as well but there are several pictures of Ryan's home studio at the Julien-K site and this picture fits well into it.

Thank you for the answer!

Yes, I agree with you that to ask Julien-K only about Chester and DBS will be unpolite.

They are not ;) Most fans discovered them through their previous (and apparently still existant) band Orgy!

some fans like them cose of orgy but most of the fans are LP fans they found out about julien-k cose of chester working with them or cose of the PROJEKT tour

some fans like them cose of orgy but most of the fans are LP fans they found out about julien-k cose of chester working with them or cose of the PROJEKT tour

True and that's the reason why LP fan site called LPL has Julien K in their data.