2014.06.17 - Los Angeles, CA - KROQ Red Bull Sound Space

On the 17th, Linkin Park performs at KROQ in Los Angeles for a Red Bull Sound Space performance. KROQ describes the room for Sound Space by saying, "For years we’ve often wondered, “Wouldn’t it be cool if we kicked out the sales department and turned the giant open room into a night club, complete with a stage, studio lighting and amazing sound?”" This is a pretty intimate performance and the only way in is to win from the LPU or from KROQ.

For the Sound Space performance, we can expect at least five songs from the band and possibly more. It all depends on what Linkin Park decides to play! Most bands that perform there usually do between five and seven songs, with Kings Of Leon being an exception and performing thirteen. We are guessing seven total, but don't hold us to that. We'll definitely see Guilty All The Same, Until It's Gone and Wastelands off of the new album, and we assume a mix of older singles in there with those. We aren't expecting any other songs from The Hunting Party to be played at this time.

This set will be webcasted online at 12:00pm PST / 3:00pm EST, and you can watch it here. It will also be streaming on KROQ.com for 24 hours after the performance.

This is the first of several promo appearances for the album release week. After this performance, the band has an album release show at Los Angeles's iHeartRadio Theater on the 18th. That show will be streamed as well, and then Jimmy Kimmel Live will be showing some sort of live performance on the 19th. The band's outdoor concert there was canceled but JKL says that the band will be recording a few songs "elsewhere" to show on TV. We're not sure if that means it'll be an exclusive JKL set done somewhere else or if they'll be songs from the iHeartRadio Theater.

For the full 2014 touring schedule, click here.

I am really excited to watch the show. An album release show is always going to be great.
I'm so thankful that's streaming all day too because I'm on a flight when the show is on.

I hope that they throw in a surprise or two.

Edited by ToddWilliamson

This link is better. There is countdown, when stream starting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DscFzEjKCQk

I fucking hate converting time zones and shit

for the next webcast can we just have a countdown??? that would be so much easier

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140617T12&p0=137&msg=Linkin+Park+at+Redbull+Sound+Space+KROQ+Performance

Read and then write.

Edited by LP-FM-DbS

Got home just in time to watch!

Date: June 17, 2014

Venue: KROQ Red Bull Sound Space

Setlist:

1. The Catalyst/The Requiem (Mashup Intro)

2. Guilty All The Same

3. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

4. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

5. Wastelands

6. Faint (Ext. Outro)

7. Until It's Gone

8. New Divide (Shortened (No First Chorus or Second Verse))

9. What I've Done (Short Ticking Intro; Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)

10. Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Ending)

Show Notes:

- The band played a shortened, special setlist for the performance.

- Chester messed up the first verse of 'Guilty All The Same'.

- This show was the first time that 'Until It's Gone' was played without the extended intro.

Other Notes:

- Only 250 people were in attendance. However, the show was also broadcast straight from KROQ's website. The stream was available to watch until 24 hours after it ended.

- This show was played the day The Hunting Party was released.

- The entire band did a Q&A session before they performed.

Edited by Søuł

Until It's Gone first time played live without the live intro

Chester's voice sound horrible during New Divide :o

Yeah, New Divide seems to be turning into the next Crawling. Which is odd considering how great Crawling sounded at Download, but then again maybe Chester was just giving it his all for the one off performance.

Chester had huge trouble with New Divide and Crawling in 2011 already, but Chester definitely was top notch on Crawling at Download, best performance of him I saw since at least 2009. As for New Divide, it's worse here but also a little better there, depends on his mood I guess :)