2014.06.02 - Moscow, Russia - Sports Complex Olympiysky

The third show of Linkin Park's European Tour takes place in Moscow, Russia at Sports Complex Olympiysky. This is the same venue that the band played at in 2007 in Moscow, which was their second show ever in Russia. Since then, they returned to Moscow in 2011 to perform at Red Square for the Transformers 3 Premiere, which featured that "Moscow Intro" to New Divide, which opened the show. Red Square was one of three iconic venues on the A Thousand Suns World Tour that the band played, after the Griffith Observatory in LA in 2010 and the Puerta de Acala in Madrid later in 2010.

In 2012, the band played their second show in Moscow in two years and headlined Maxidrom at the famous Tushino Airfield on a rain soaked day. This will be the band's fourth show in Moscow and eighth show in Russia in the last eight years. That's pretty good!

The St. Petersburg show on June 1st featured the same setlist we've seen so far in Tucson and Rock In Rio. The band will be sticking to this setlist for the remainder of the tour until Download Festival, where it will change for Hybrid Theory in full.

However, Russian fans are known for their elegant flash mobs over the years (sometimes several at one show), so we are sure to be entertained after the show with some cool videos of whatever the Russian fans have planned! St. Petersburg featured a flash mob in the middle of Guilty All The Same (video coming soon, hopefully).

There is an LPU Meetup before this show in Moscow, so if you're in the LPU and in Moscow, be sure to stop by and hang out with other Linkin Park fans! Who all will be attending this show? An interesting note about the St. Petersburg LPU Meet & Greet is that quite a few fans got individual pictures with band members, which is pretty rare at the M&Gs!

After this show, Linkin Park has two days off before they go to Wrocław, Poland on June 5th for a headlining show. Rock am Ring and Rock im Park follow on the 7th and 8th. For the full list of 2014 tour dates, including past setlists and upcoming shows, click here.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from LPU pre-show party in Hard Rock Cafe Moscow.

It was cool. Met up with some friends, whom I've talked to online only.

Had a nice party with DJ playing various songs, ending his set with a bunch of Linkin Park songs.

Few photos from this event: http://vk.com/album3317330_196050289

Tomorrow I'll be volunteering for MFR.

I just saw Pooch here. :)

Oh, he went out to smoke and we had a small chat with couple of fans.

He said that Brad injured his back at a show last night, so that's why he didn't move much yesterday. And there was even a moment when he thought that he won't be able to play today's show.

He said that they still record every show, which we already know, I guess. Also he said that Download fest will likely be released at least partly this way or another.

Also we asked him about Sean quitting the band crew. He said if read because he is tired and wanted to spend more tone work his family, and answering my question whether he is not tired yet, he said that most likely he'll be touring for the next 10-15 years.

Had a nice party with DJ playing various songs, ending his set with a bunch of Linkin Park songs.

He said that Brad injured his back at a show last night, so that's why he didn't move much yesterday. And there was even a moment when he thought that he won't be able to play today's show.

He said that they still record every show, which we already know, I guess. Also he said that Download fest will likely be released at least partly this way or another.

Also we asked him about Sean quitting the band crew. He said if read because he is tired and wanted to spend more tone work his family, and answering my question whether he is not tired yet, he said that most likely he'll be touring for the next 10-15 years.

Cool man! Really appreciate the information!

Awesome, thanks for sharing the info. Especially the info about Download likely to be released.

There was a flashmob during Faint. People started throwing pillows! Most of them ended up on stage with some being thrown back by band members. Then LP crew took most of them from stage during break after Faint.

There was also a ball that looked like a soccer ball, which also ended up on stage, but Chester kicked it back into the crowd few times during the show.

Here is Numb/Encore and Numb, i can't see that change. Correct me if i'm wrong of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdn5RSqRZjc

The lyric change happened in St. Petersburg, not Moscow. Figured they'd keep it that way, but I guess not. Texted Mark that it happened in St. Petersburg, posted about it in the St. Petersburg thread...and he somehow thought I was talking about Moscow?

The lyric change happened in St. Petersburg, not Moscow. Figured they'd keep it that way, but I guess not. Texted Mark that it happened in St. Petersburg, posted about it in the St. Petersburg thread...and he somehow thought I was talking about Moscow?

I must still be drunk :P

Thought they'd keep it too LOL

The WTCFM verse is awesome over that instrumental. I wonder if Mike has anything else up his sleeve?

It'd be awesome if Mike randomly added random verses at different shows all the time, he has so much to pick from with all the LP stuff and the FM stuff.

If they keep that medley on the set list for the rest of the european tour/Carnivores (except for maybe Download) I wouldn't be surprised if Mike did what he did for Points of Autgority's intro and outro during PR08 when he used a lot of LP and FM verses in place.

If they keep that medley on the set list for the rest of the european tour/Carnivores (except for maybe Download) I wouldn't be surprised if Mike did what he did for Points of Autgority's intro and outro during PR08 when he used a lot of LP and FM verses in place.

I loved the extended intro and outro from 2008, especially when I seen them for the first and only time PR08.