New Version Launch

hahninator

Welcome to LPLive 5.0! We have spent the last few years discussing and testing different ideas that would help upgrade our website. In short, the new additions to the website are what we thought would work best with the info contained on the site, specifically the live guide.

There are a few changes to the year and show pages (like the new year page icons, which are being put into place now and over the next few days with the picture galleries), but a large portion of the upgrade was dedicated to moving the entire site over to IPB. You'll notice several new themes, with wallpaper you can choose for your background in the "hybrid" theme. Most importantly, we'd like to introduce our wiki, which is the new home to all of the lists, guides, and information that LPLive members have collected over the years.

There are a few bugs we are still working on (such as the load times), etc, but we do hope you'll give the site a look and check out our new features (found in the link below).

5.0 New Features List

And since we are celebrating a huge upgrade to the site, most of you already know what it is but we have an exclusive show coming for you in two days!

A huge shoutout goes to the LPLive staff for working so hard on 5.0 and especially to Skipees (who contributed a crazy amount of hours in working on 5.0) and our new staff member Thomas (who has been working on the site for years and is responsible for all of the new graphics on the site; he is the designer of the new "hybrid" theme)! And thank you to everyone who donated to LPLive over the past few years - all of the money that didn't go to site exclusives was used for this upgrade.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"most of you already know what it is but we have an exclusive show coming for you in two days!"

Why in two days? Can't you guys just upload in on youtube? People were really expecting that Kimmel show to be shown today :(

Edited by Jani

Hmm, this LPL 5.0 Seems different, and some features like the Shoutbox and the who's on right now list are gone, that's a pity, but I like all these new features. sheers to the best Fansite :) plus the Youtube Enbed stuff is gone I think, but it will taker a while to get used to it :)

"most of you already know what it is but we have an exclusive show coming for you in two days!"

Why in two days? Can't you guys just upload in on youtube? People were really expecting that Kimmel show to be shown today :(

Well, i don't really think that LPL can upload the full proshot of Jimmy Kimmel Live 2003 on Youtube without having Disney take it down for copyright, which kinda sucks, and I would know because the TV versions get taken down by Disney too. :(

Sadly I only think they can only upload bits and pieces like they just did here:

Edited by xLP0562x

Looking great guys, some seriously impressive work pulled off in a short space of time!

I think there needed to be a bit of time between 5.0 and an exclusive.

2 days gives everyone time to play-test the site live (to find and report any remaining glitches) before usual service resumes.

Site load times are being fixed right now, the shoutbox is in place yes (we disabled it for 30 mins while the traffic was spiking), and the "who's online" list is in the forum HQ.

The exclusive show was something you are expecting, we didn't promise it would be up today. We are still preparing a few parts of it. It's coming! Be patient :)

Great job, guys. From the little I've seen so far, it's beautiful. I think the Hybrid theme should definitely be the default. I'd also suggest adding a white/light text against a black/dark background theme though - probably a "Hybrid (dark)".

Congrats. ;)

Edited by Wayne7x