Things LP Should Have Done To Make Songs Better

RogueSoul

What do you think LP could have done in studio or mixing to make any song sound better? And I don't mean add or change songs for other demos, like adding No Roads Left instead of IB to MTM. I mean what elements of songs could be changed to make it better.

Here are some examples:

- Make the IMR synth more prominent like in live performances

- Make the strings in NRL louder.

- Turn up the guitars in the Burn It Down studio version. I'll never understand this decision, it's just fine in the live version.

- Make the ebow in No More Sorrow sound more "natural". I heard the live version first and I think it always sounded way better than the studio version,.

I agree about the kick drum in GATS, I highly doubt this will get a different mix for the album.

- shorten the static noise of 'Part of Me' so you don't have to skip until the ambient part comes in...

- 'C'MOOON!' intro on With You as they do live

- separate pretty much all songs on Reanimation a bit better (imo) so you don't hear what songs comes next or was before, but keep the transitions the best it can

- add Foreword to Don't Stay

- add fade-out scream to outro of BTH

- add the outro transition of LOATR to BIO

- scream the last pre-bridge lines of New Divide

- combine The Requiem and The Radiance to one song

- add Empty Spaces to WTCFM

- change the scratches of Blackout with those who are shown in the Making of video...or combine both

- add the live scream to The Catalyst

- make UIB a bit longer so it's not like 3 songs in one, maybe longer transitions between each part

- add Tinfoil to Powerless

Edited by Rasputin 93

Make the strings actually audible on I'll Be Gone. Every time i hear about Owen Pallet's contribution to one of their LT songs, I think of Castle of Glass because it is so much more noticeable, but that was all Mike.

On second thought, just replace IBG with a finished version of Primo: add the strings, improved lyrics, and more real drums

Obviously for me it'll have to be....

* Re record "In the End" with mikes "the Untitled" demo lyrics in the verses.

* add Mikes harmonies and background vocals to "A Place for Amy head" from th Esaul demos.

* add Chester's scream from the Part of Me demo to the HTEP version of Part of Me

* re record High voltage reprise with the guitar part heard in the live version.

* add the "ticking clock" intro (heard in the third encore session) to The intro to No more sorrow

* combine all the interludes from Reanimation/A thousand Suns to the beings or endings of the full songs.

* re record a studio version QWERTY more akin to the live version.

* remix\remaster Living Things and Out of ashes entirely.

Another things they can do better is:

Make APFMH outdo screams better and longer and add screams in verses

Add screams in Papercut verses and bridge/outro, make "The suuuuun" sound more natural in last chorus/outro

Add 2003 intro into By Myself

Make "I'm about tooooo!" in OSC, longer and more heavy and raspy

Delete the claps from Given Up

Add "I'm " growl into Faint

Make And One live structure in studio version

He doesn't, he likes Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Maybe Reanimation and Collision Course.

So he hasn't been a fan of the body of work they've produced in the last 7 years since MTM came out. Must have really loved those 2 albums to still be here lol

It feels like rather than actually making the songs better, most people are just taking what makes the songs so special in a live setting and putting them back into the studio versions.

My ideas:

Powerless - have Chester scream the last "Powerless" during the outro. The emotional climax would have been much more satisfying.

Castle of Glass - extend it into a 6/7 minute song ala TLTGYA.

In Pieces - same as for Powerless, have Chester scream "don't lie" before the guitar solo and at the end as well.

-Turn up the string sample during the Papercut outro (check out the Smokeout 2003 performance, you can hear it really well there).

-Keep the harmonies from the demo version in the APFMH chorus (they always sang them live anyway).

-Make the higher harmony vocal during the last chorus of Pushing Me Away louder (you can only really hear it on the acapella).

-Remove the party background noise from Bleed it Out, speed up the tempo slightly, beef up the guitars a bit, and maybe extend the outro (I think the "full" extended version should still be reserved for the live version - I've never liked drum solos on studio recordings).

-Give Guilty All the Same more low end punch in general (kick/bass/low end of the synth parts), and polish the vocals a little more.

-Put the guitar parts from the live version of High Voltage in the studio version (the "reprise").

-Re-release Hybrid Theory with High Voltage after Cure For the Itch like it was probably intended to be.

And finally...

-Give me the multitracks for Living Things so I can do the job that Manny Marroquin obviously didn't care to do. The mixing on that album is garbage. This includes the synth in In My Remains, the strings in I'll Be Gone, guitars being drowned out all over the album...basically turn down the vocals and all the droning synths/sampled drums, and I guarantee that album would sound eons better. I think the only songs on that album that are mixed "well" are Victimized, Skin to Bone, Until it Breaks, and Tinfoil/Powerless. Everything else has something that bugs me.

Make the ebow in No More Sorrow sound more "natural". I heard the live version first and I think it always sounded way better than the studio version

The EBow thing is executed with different gear on the live version than the studio version, which is why it sounds different (the live version doesn't actually use an EBow at all).

It feels like rather than actually making the songs better, most people are just taking what makes the songs so special in a live setting and putting them back into the studio versions.

This. If the original studio versions had everything found in the live versions, we'd be bitching that they don't do anything different to the songs when they play them live.

-Give me the multitracks for Living Things so I can do the job that Manny Marroquin obviously didn't care to do. The mixing on that album is garbage. This includes the synth in In My Remains, the strings in I'll Be Gone, guitars being drowned out all over the album...basically turn down the vocals and all the droning synths/sampled drums, and I guarantee that album would sound eons better. I think the only songs on that album that are mixed "well" are Victimized, Skin to Bone, Until it Breaks, and Tinfoil/Powerless. Everything else has something that bugs me.

That'd be awesome for an Astat mixed version of LT. Tell LP to give him the multitracks.