Things LP Should Have Done To Make Songs Better

RogueSoul

As far as I know multitracks of LT are easily available on internet

Only the acapellas and instrumentals, you can't do much with those. The only songs with multitracks are BURN IT DOWN and LOST IN THE ECHO. and ALTNC if you want to include that.

Astat could just mix the singles, BID, LITE & COG (if that is available).

EDIT: Released a different version of In Pieces on MTM Live Around The World. Preferably one where Chester doesn't mess up the lyrics, he messes up the order of the lines in the first verse.

Edited by Geki

Even the multitracks available for BID and LITE don't offer a whole lot of options because they combined a lot of stuff into the same track in a lot of cases. The bass and low-end synth are one track on LITE, for instance.

Astat could just mix the singles, BID, LITE & COG (if that is available).

EDIT: Released a different version of In Pieces on MTM Live Around The World. Preferably one where Chester doesn't mess up the lyrics, he messes up the order of the lines in the first verse.

That's their mgmt being lazy...I doubt they even listened to most of it.

That's their mgmt being lazy...I doubt they even listened to most of it.

Sucks because I deleted all my DSP's off of my iTunes and put them on a hard drive, so I only kept the Live Around The World compilations that LP released on iTunes.

• 6 months later...

Why? :o

I really liked the mixing in that album.

I feel that it suffers from the same problems Living things does. It sounds too polished, too over produced. Everyone was expecting OOA to have this hard grit and rawness to it before it came out as it was inspired by many classic rock albums of the 80s and 90s. Instead the guys from Julien K tinkerd with it a bit too much with their electronics and synths and drowned out some of the hard rock edge this album orginally intended to have.

Don't get me wrong, I love the album more than most, but I guarantee if Chester had done this route DBS would have gone down with the fan base even better than it did in the end .

No more "oooooh"s. (A Light That Never Comes, Lost In The Echo, ect.)

Only record songs for an album that can be successfully replicated live. (Hands Held High in particular, and songs that haven't been played yet, like Robot Boy.)

The robot backing vocals to Mike's raps on In The End are unnecessary.

I feel that it suffers from the same problems Living things does. It sounds too polished, too over produced. Everyone was expecting OOA to have this hard grit and rawness to it before it came out as it was inspired by many classic rock albums of the 80s and 90s. Instead the guys from Julien K tinkerd with it a bit too much with their electronics and synths and drowned out some of the hard rock edge this album orginally intended to have.

Don't get me wrong, I love the album more than most, but I guarantee if Chester had done this route DBS would have gone down with the fan base even better than it did in the end .

I blame half on Julien-K's electronica stuff in the songs and the other half on Howard Benson, who polishes the fuck out of rock music he touches. Some of it turns out epic like Three Days Grace if you crank the guitars up like on One-X and Life Starts Now. But I totally agree. The overall sound of DBS is really bad IMO.

And I disagree about songs that can't be played live. Robot Boy is a fantastic song. LP truly doesn't have many songs they can't play live. I bet Robot Boy would sound decent, but they never tried it. A stripped down version even with the synth solo still there would have worked. For Living Things, they just voluntarily chose not to play many of them live. Powerless, seriously? That shit seems easy for them.

And I disagree about songs that can't be played live. Robot Boy is a fantastic song. LP truly doesn't have many songs they can't play live. I bet Robot Boy would sound decent, but they never tried it. A stripped down version even with the synth solo still there would have worked. For Living Things, they just voluntarily chose not to play many of them live. Powerless, seriously? That shit seems easy for them.

Robot Boy is a good song. Apparently Brad is to lazy to learn Powerless.

Don't blame Julien K for the electronics, Chester added some electronics himself. He said he played guitar, keyboard, synth and some programming on the album, and he said it here:

By the way, I do actually like the electronics in DBS, I think it has a very good influence on songs like In The Darkness.

Edited by TheDamian58C