10.01.2014 - Las Vegas, NV, The Joint @ Hard Rock Hotel

On the 10th, Linkin Park plays their first show in almost five months as they take a break from the studio to play two Music For Relief shows in Las Vegas and Los Angeles on back-to-back days. These two cities were also lucky enough to be the only U.S. cities to feature the band in 2013 as well, when LP played a one-off show in Las Vegas last February (show page here) and then played the Sunset Strip Music Festival in L.A. in August (show page here). Linkin Park has performed a show in Las Vegas in each of the last three years, making this their fourth year in a row playing the city.

This show will take place at The Joint @ Hard Rock Hotel, a venue LP is no stranger to. They first played this venue in June 2003 as a warmup show for Summer Sanitarium (show page here). In 2007 they played outside of the Hard Rock Hotel, but in 2008 they played played back-to-back shows at The Joint on their North American Winter Tour in 2008 (show pages here and here). Later that year, they were scheduled to play there for the third time in a year, but the show was cancelled along with the Asian Tour when Chester hurt his back. Most recently, the band played there in August 2011 when they did two similar shows in Vegas (show page here) and Los Angeles. That was when the band played their tsunami relief show at The Mayan in L.A. with B'z.

Since there are just two shows on this short break from the studio, we shouldn't expect many changes to what the band has been playing live. The LIVING THINGS World Tour ended last August in Asia, where the band rotated between Set A and Set B for the tour. It is likely both of these shows will have the same setlist with something very similar to A or B once again. We don't expect LP to fully change anything up until this summer.

Something cool is likely to take place in Los Angeles in the form of a collaboration (or two), but we will cover that when we get to our Los Angeles show thread! Luckily, that show will be streamed live.

Originally booked as a show where people that donated to the Music For Relief Typhoon Haiyan relief could "win" access to the performance, this show was later opened up to the general public as Linkin Park booked the Los Angeles "Concert for the Philippines." For now, we have the show listed as a "MFR & Power The World Benefit" show, but that might change depending on what takes place at the show.

Do you expect the band to keep everything in tact from 2013 in the set? Or do you think they'll change one or two things? 'LOST IN THE ECHO' opened the set once, at KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas 2012......do you think that has a chance to open up these two shows? Or what about 'My December' being played? Or anything else off of LIVING THINGS?

SETLIST:

01. Wake

02. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

03. New Divide

04. With You (2012 Scratch Intro; Ext. Scratch Outro)

05. Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)

06. LIES GREED MISERY

07. Empty Spaces

08. When They Come For Me

09. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'UNTIL IT BREAKS' v2; Wall of Noise Outro)

10. Breaking The Habit

11. CASTLE OF GLASS

12. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

13. LOST IN THE ECHO (2012 Intro)

14. Numb (Outro 'Numb/Encore' Lyrics Tease (Mike/Chester))

15. What I've Done

16. BURN IT DOWN

17. In The End

18. Bleed It Out (Ext. Bridge w/ Chorus Sing-a-long; Ext. Outro)

----------------------------------------------------

19. Faint (Ext. Outro)

20. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually would say these are LIVING THINGS shows because they are still using pics and promo stuff that says ''LIVING THINGS'' on them for this show, where as in the past on off years, they used plain logo's and stuff. This will more than likely be the same sets we have already seen for the LT cycle but I like the sets. This show will be cool, but I think the LA show will be much better with the webcast and other acts.

It's nice that they're taking a break from the studio after almost five months with no shows. I wouldn't expect a big change from the LT setlists, but I hope they won't play the exact same setlists (A or B ) again. It would be cool to see LITE opening a show again, since they only did it once. I don't think we can really expect anything new from LT, since it's not really LT's touring cycle anymore. If they haven't played the 5 missing songs from LT (I'll Be Gone, Roads Untraveled, Skin To Bone, Until It Breaks, Powerless) during the album's cycle, I can't see any reason for them to perform them now.

Edited by Mesck547

LP.com and also being aired live on AXS TV. And that's the show on the 11th, not this one.

I think it's LP.com for the Internet webcast (that still hasn't been announced anywhere besides KROQ.com) and for mobile users it's on the AXS.tv mobile app (for iPhone and Android). I don't think it's on actual TV from what I can tell, but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe we need to ask Mark Cuban haha

Can you guys post a link to the webcast when it's about to air?

Our Los Angeles preshow post will cover everything. And that will be up ASAP the second the Las Vegas show is done. We're waiting until after the Las Vegas show because the exact details of the LP.com webcast (the link, the start time, etc) haven't been announced yet.

According to a post from LPTimes on Facebook LP played the venue also on 09.01.2014 for a secret show. Find the post and the small amount of news regarding the show here.

Here are also some small videos:

Faint

A Light That Never Comes

Bleed It Out

No further details about the setlist known for the moment.

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=10510