Top 5 least favorite LP songs

Only songs from the main albums and finished b-sides (no remixes)

1) What I've Done 2)

In The End 3)

Numb 4)

Bleed It Out

5) Powerless

I choose these songs because they mean nothing to me, i rarely listen to them, I love the Faint live version but i just can't get into the album one, and the rest of them are so overplayed specially Numb

INTERLUDES ARE NOT ALLOWED

Edited by LIИKIИ JŽЁ

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I really have 5 least favorite LP songs. I love all LP songs. But I guess this would be my list if I had to pick

01. By Myself

02. Nobody's Listening

03. The Catalyst

04. Roads Untraveled

05. Waiting For The End

I was never ''big'' into songs like By Myself and Nobody's Listening back in the day, and I rarely (if ever) listen to them nowadays. Not sure what I dislike about them, can't really say. The Catalyst and Waiting For The End were songs that I liked early on, but got very sick of them for some reason. I don't like the lyrics in The Catalyst with the whole ''god save us'' thing going on, I don't like when artists/bands preach religion in music, especially when LP says they never would. Waiting For The End is overplayed and the chorus gets stuck in my head and annoys me. As for Roads Untraveled, I used to like it when it first was released, but it's the only song that I usually skip when listening to Living Things. Just never really stuck with me. It has good lyrics, but the melody is kind of 'meh' to me and I think that style of music doesn't really fit LP that well.

As for Roads Untraveled, I used to like it when it first was released, but it's the only song that I usually skip when listening to Living Things. Just never really stuck with me. It has good lyrics, but the melody is kind of 'meh' to me and I think that style of music doesn't really fit LP that well.

Roads Untraveled is a great song... for a LPU album, it sounds so unfinished the Whoa thing was cool but they used it a lot

if the song had a real chorus then the Whoa would sound good as an ending.

I don't think I really have 5 least favorite LP songs. I love all LP songs. But I guess this would be my list if I had to pick

01. By Myself

02. Nobody's Listening

03. The Catalyst

04. Roads Untraveled

05. Waiting For The End

I was never ''big'' into songs like By Myself and Nobody's Listening back in the day, and I rarely (if ever) listen to them nowadays. Not sure what I dislike about them, can't really say. The Catalyst and Waiting For The End were songs that I liked early on, but got very sick of them for some reason. I don't like the lyrics in The Catalyst with the whole ''god save us'' thing going on, I don't like when artists/bands preach religion in music, especially when LP says they never would. Waiting For The End is overplayed and the chorus gets stuck in my head and annoys me. As for Roads Untraveled, I used to like it when it first was released, but it's the only song that I usually skip when listening to Living Things. Just never really stuck with me. It has good lyrics, but the melody is kind of 'meh' to me and I think that style of music doesn't really fit LP that well.

I don't think that Linkin Park is preaching religion. I think they sing from the perspective of people who are in trouble and think that way, not neccessarily trying to stimulate religion.

You must not like 10 Years' latest album lol

I do like 10 Years latest album. They write about religion in a different way, in a dark way. 10 Years is really great at writing lyrics and having them be moody and dark, I love it. The lyrics in The Catalyst just come across as very preachy and kind of one-sided, I guess. I assume that the meaning of it is that basically when the world is coming to an end and everything is going down, most people will be praying to their God to save them.

1) A Light That Never Comes

2) Lies Greed Misery

3) Roads Untraveled

4) Burn It Down

5) Shadow Of The Day

"A Light That Never Comes" is the only Linkin Park song that actually makes me feel bad while I'm listening to it. It's so f***ing annoying.

I used to hate "What I've Done", but I guess the song grew on me after listening to it so many times. Unfortunately, the opposite happened with "Shadow Of The Day".

1) CASTLE OF GLASS

2) A Place For My Head

3) Papercut

4) VICTIMIZED

5) With You

I've never said this before in my life but I'll ban a motherfucker if that was true LOL

Wow Justin, POA and FTI are epic.

For me right now: (it changes of course)

1. LIES GREED MISERY

2. UNTIL IT BREAKS

3. I'LL BE GONE

4. ROADS UNTRAVELED

5. Nobody's Listening

I really hate LIVING THINGS besides CASTLE OF GLASS and POWERLESS lol. VICTIMIZED is ok...it kicks ass live...and SKIN TO BONE could have been a lot better. Great lyrics in that one. Hybrid Theory, Minutes To Midnight and A Thousand Suns start-to-finish have nothing but quality, epic songs. Not a single complaint on anything even though I wish Across The Line and No Roads Left were on MTM. But on Meteora, Nobody's Listening really sticks out. I'm not a fan. I'd love to hear full b-sides for that album....

Wow Justin, POA and FTI are epic.

They really are, but I did one from each album, and I didn't wanna take the easy way out of Meteora by saying Foreword. As far as HT it was POA or Runaway.. I love both albums every song though. I like how your whole list (almost) comes from LT though lol. I still think UIB is a good song.

I've never said this before in my life but I'll ban a motherfucker if that was true LOL

It actually was true. I've had everybody here fooled. RECHARGED is the best album of all time, and Hybrid Theory and A Thousand Suns are the worst albums in the world. :P

What's really sad is that there are really fans like that :(

I know. A bunch of them go to my school. There is literally a girl I know who claims to love Linkin Park, but refuses to listen to anything heavier than In The End because it is "too scary". There is another group who claim A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES is their best work because it is "so dubstep", or that the band has never gone heavier than LOST IN THE ECHO. I could go on and on about how much I hate less-than casual LP fans who claim to be hardcore fans, but it's off topic.

One from each album, like Justin did.

1) Cure For The Itch

2) Nobody's Listening

3) In Between

4) Empty Spaces

5) BURN IT DOWN

I've never liked the studio version of Cure For The Itch. I don't know why, it has just never been my cup of tea. Same goes for Nobody's Listening. In Between is just a snooze fest. The band should have replaced it with No Roads Left on MTM. Do I even need to go into Empty Spaces? I actually do like Empty Spaces, but not as a separate track. It should have been tacked onto the end of BITS, or they could have cleaned up the transition and added it to the beginning of WTCFM. I hate BURN IT DOWN with a fiery passion (see what I did there?) It's just way too radio-friendly in the worst kind of way. The lyrics are so child-like, they bug me a little.

Edited by CASTLE OF GLASS

Top 5 in no particular order

VICTIMIZED

UNTIL IT BREAKS

BURN IT DOWN

Burning In the Skies

In Between

I don't think VICTIMIZED works live without the QWERTY part. When I heard it I was wishing they had played QWERTY in full instead of the mashup. Plus as a studio track I think (like a lot of LIVING THINGS) it's unfinished. Same thoughts with UIB.

BID I think got way overplayed. Plus while it might be ok live, I can't help but skip it on my DSPs.

In Between is on the list because it should have been No Roads Left on the album lol

BITS I never enjoyed. Not sure why but I never connected with them.