STP Song 'Black Heart' Debuts!

LPFreak64

iHeartRadio has debuted the brand new Stone Temple Pilots song 'Black Heart', which you can listen to here or below.

This is track number two off of the 5 song "High Rise" EP coming out October 8th. Artwork for the single can be viewed here.

Additionally, the band debuted the song live in Orlando, FL on the 18th.

What do you think?

Edited by Hahninator

All STP news is being moved to their subforum instead of the newswire.

As for the song, I LOVE IT! Rock is where Chester's voice shines. Whoever is producing knows what he/she is doing because they took advantage that Chester can actually SING and let his raw voice come through. Oh this is going to be on repeat on my iPod probably till I get the EP.

I don't know how I feel about STP news not being in the newswire, especially because I use the live feed all the time.

Song is good, though, but Chester's vocal delivery in the first verse irks me a bit. I like that it's not the same style as Out of Time, though, and that bodes well for the potential variety of the EP.

Huge mistake not posting this in the newswire

If you are not posting everything about STP, atleast post the most important things like this song!

I agree. Especially/only if it's new material or big announcements (like album/EP release). There are even important Julien-K news in the newswire.

The song isn't BAD, at least instrumentally...it's just one of those "ho-hum" mid-tempo songs that doesn't really push the envelope much. It kind of reminds me of some of STP's more indie rock-ish stuff from their most recent album with Scott. The biggest letdown is surprisingly the vocals. After Chester's phenomenal performance on Out of Time, I had really high expectations for the rest of the EP, but he honestly just sounds lazy on this track. Not off-key, not a bad melody or anything...he just sounds like he didn't put a lot into this song. Definitely one of the more "phoned-in sounding" vocal performances of his career. Bummer.

The song isn't BAD, at least instrumentally...it's just one of those "ho-hum" mid-tempo songs that doesn't really push the envelope much. It kind of reminds me of some of STP's more indie rock-ish stuff from their most recent album with Scott. The biggest letdown is surprisingly the vocals. After Chester's phenomenal performance on Out of Time, I had really high expectations for the rest of the EP, but he honestly just sounds lazy on this track. Not off-key, not a bad melody or anything...he just sounds like he didn't put a lot into this song. Definitely one of the more "phoned-in sounding" vocal performances of his career. Bummer.

Sorry you feel that way, I think the song is great!