Mike's Dead By Sunrise Update

hahninator

Straight from Mike from his blog:

"I was just hanging out with Chester, and got a chance to hear some of his new solo material! In case you haven't heard, he's doing a solo record (he's doing double-duty, working on his album and the LP album simultaneously). The project is called Dead By Sunrise, and the album is being produced by Howard Benson. He played me 9 songs, two of which had (amazing) vocals. I thought I could hear influences from T-Rex to Tears For Fears, but overall it's a pretty punch-you-in-the-gut rock record. Very cool...look for it later this year, probably September-ish. It's going to be incredible!"

He removed the post for some reason, but thankfully LPI:BR and LPTimes got it, so here it is. Sounds interesting!

The post is now back up, with a picture here of the CD entitled "1/19/2009 Ruff Mix" with "Crawl Back In" and "Give Me Your Name" on it. 'Give Me Your Name' is an evolved name from the old demo we knew as 'Give Me Your Time', which was on that picture we put up months ago of the song board at the studio (from Julien-K.com). Exciting!

The Blog post is back now though you have to highlight a certain section to see the name Dead By Sunrise. I don't know if this is different from how it was originally posted. Very excited to get an update on the DBS album, I can not wait to get my hands on it!

If anyone can't figure it out, that logo says "Sunset Studios".

My eyesight's not great, but it looks like it says:

Crawl Back In 3:02

Give Me Your Name 4:30

I see it like Sunset Sound :unsure:

if you remember there was a tracklist, Give Me Your Time looks like misspelled Give Me Your Name, uh?

1. Morning After

2. Let Down

3. My Suffering

4. Darkness

5. N2U

6. Wall of Sound

7. Instrumental

8. Fire

9. Hold Life

10. 20¥2

11. Give Me Your Time

12. Introutro

13. Walking in Circles

14. Morning After (Possibly the Julien-K Remix)

I hope we can hear some DBS soon. I need it!! Do you think the two song titles on that CD case are the tracks that Mike thought had amazing vocals? Because I think Let Down and My Suffering have some really great vocals.

I personally think Walking In Circles is godly as FUCK.

Holy SHIT I would love to hear that live. I think I'm gonna have to fly to a DBS show to see that shit. The overall song...the mellow-ness is ridiculous. I'm excited for the CD but for LP as well.

Why you say that??

It's all my guesses.

If Chester's album comes out in Sep and he said that he is going to tour for DBS (let's say like a month), I doubt LP will release the album in 09. The time line will be too tight and Chester will be super busy. Besides, if LP is going to tour in Europe or the make up show for Asia, the new LP record in 09 seems to be impossible.

BTW, I believe I read news that Warner is the record company to release Chester's album. I don't think the record company will like to put the releasing date of these two album too close.

I always hope that Chester can put out the record in spring or summer and LP's album in the end of the year but it seems not going to happen. Let's keep our finger cross. Hope to hear the new songs ASAP.

Edited by chazmike

I personally think Walking In Circles is godly as FUCK.

Holy SHIT I would love to hear that live. I think I'm gonna have to fly to a DBS show to see that shit. The overall song...the mellow-ness is ridiculous. I'm excited for the CD but for LP as well.

Agreed, WIC to me was better than half of the stuff in MTM..

Chester's vocals are just awesome, i love his old Grey Daze style singing

in Linkin Park he doesnt shows all his talent

*cough, valentines day, cough, 2 minutes of talking*

If anyone can't figure it out, that logo says "Sunset Studios".

My eyesight's not great, but it looks like it says:

Crawl Back In 3:02

Give Me Your Name 4:30

Well 3:02 looks right but I can't tell if it's 4:30 or 4:38. I tried to straighten it out in Picasa but when you straighten the image, it zooms in, so therefore after rotating it like 7 times, it's blurry as fuck lol. Just off of my straightforward opinion though, it looks like an 8 instead of a 0. Or it could be a 6 but it looks like it's connected on the right side for sure (something we all agree on).

Posted Image

And then after I realized it was easy to MS Paint-rotate it 90 degrees to the right before attempting to turn it Picasa:

Posted Image

PHOTOSHOP PLZ.

I dunno, what do you guys think it is? And it's so sad when we're trying to decipher shit like this due to the lack of LP news. Goodness lol.

Agreed, WIC to me was better than half of the stuff in MTM..

Chester's vocals are just awesome, i love his old Grey Daze style singing

in Linkin Park he doesn't shows all his talent

*cough, valentines day, cough, 2 minutes of talking*

Yes, the LP style doesn't really allow for Chester to showcase his pure rock vibe or "sing with mojo" as even he has said in the past. That's why I am so super excited about DBS because finally there's a vehicle (besides Camp Freddy and the random collab) where Chester can feature his awesome rock vocals with no holds barred. His Grey Daze vocals are killer as well.

I must say Mike's comment that 2 of the 9 songs he heard had awesome vocals was a bit puzzling since I have yet to hear a DBS song (4 so far) that didn't knock me out with Chester's fantastic vocals.

I must say Mike's comment that 2 of the 9 songs he heard had awesome vocals was a bit puzzling since I have yet to hear a DBS song (4 so far) that didn't knock me out with Chester's fantastic vocals.

The way I'm reading it is, there is only two songs with vocals, the other 7 dont have any yet.