Working Titles

Skipees

it is Pushing me away

That's clearly a misprint issue on that particular demo CD. Why the hell would "The Cure for Mr. Hahn's Itch" be the working title for Pushing Me Away and not CFTI?

Am I like the only person who still gets WHY Cure for the Itch has that title? What do you do to cure an itch? YOU SCRATCH. CFTI is Joe's instrumental track...WHERE HE SCRATCHES BECAUSE HE'S THE DJ. It's a play on words.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think these are considered working titles for the album, they were just album title ideas. I mean I don't think the project was ever actually known as or referred to as Almanac, for example.

That is true, sir. ;) But I think it is interesting to know these because we know how hard it was for them to pick a title.

Source?

Can't remember. Just some stuff I wrote down during the years. It is possible they're from the Making of dvd.

Actually, "Bleed It Out" has one more working title. Official source via "Making of Minutes to Midnight" tells us about that:

YEAH!

Posted Image

So add REFUCKINGWRITE - Bleed It Out

And under the finger we have Accident

It blows my mind that people still take this seriously 6 and a half years later. I have never, and will never consider "Refuckingwrite" a legitimate working title for Bleed it Out because it's VERY well-established how frustrated Mike was with the number of times he had to re-write the lyrics to that song. The fact that "Accident," the ACTUAL working title, is still on the same piece of paper pretty much confirms that it's nothing more than Mike being funny/frustrated. I absolutely GUARANTEE that Bleed it Out was never referred to as "Refuckingwrite" in a Pro Tools session, a band meeting, a provisional album tracklisting, or anything other than this one piece of paper.

** ''Shadow of the Day'' - ''Saint''

** ''What I've Done'' - ''Regrets''

** ''Valentine's Day'' - ''Love and Sadness''

** ''In Between'' - ''Apologies''

These are all fake.

It blows my mind that people still take this seriously 6 and a half years later. I have never, and will never consider "Refuckingwrite" a legitimate working title for Bleed it Out because it's VERY well-established how frustrated Mike was with the number of times he had to re-write the lyrics to that song. The fact that "Accident," the ACTUAL working title, is still on the same piece of paper pretty much confirms that it's nothing more than Mike being funny/frustrated.

This part is obvious.

I absolutely GUARANTEE that Bleed it Out was never referred to as "Refuckingwrite" in a Pro Tools session, a band meeting, a provisional album tracklisting, or anything other than this one piece of paper.

This is not obvious. There's 0.001% chance that he called it Refuckingwrite in a Pro Tools session because he was frustrated.

But what you said is more than make sense. Deleted.

Wasn't the working title for Blackbirds called '6th String Song' ?

Idk. There were 6 songs for MTM that they did strings for (LOATR, SOTD, HHH, TLTGYA, NRL and Blackbirds). Originally, people referred to the 6th string song from the MTM making of, because it showed the small clip at the end of the string sessions that we didn't know what it was. Then Blackbirds got released in 2010, and it was the same song. So I think that is why people said that. There was a demo title called 'Caneries' but it's probably not the demo title for Blackbirds just because they are both types of birds.

Wasn't the working title for Blackbirds called '6th String Song' ?

That's just what we called Blackbirds for years because we knew they recorded strings for 6 songs and 5 of them were released (Leave Out All the Rest, Shadow of the Day, Hands Held High, The Little Things Give You Away, No Roads Left), and there was that little clip of the 6th one (Blackbirds) on LPTV.

• 1 month later...

I guess Primo can be added back to the list, where did that come from anyway?

It was the only (/COG) song from Living Things without confirmed working title so almost everybody assumed this is the one (or something like this). Maybe you can find more info here.

Actually, I would call this more of an ATS demo. Sure it's a demo for a track off of LIVING THINGS, but the track was made in the ATS era.

If you referring to the list, it's splited by albums not by eras. If you're referring to what they said above, they created Primo before ATS release?

We always knew that Primo was worked on during both sessions, and that I'll Be Gone originated from the A Thousand Suns sessions, so the connection was easy enough to make, but yes, this is the first time it's been "confirmed." And the recording on LPU 13 is definitely the original A Thousand Suns demo that was later reworked for Living Things.