21.02.2013 - Auckland, NZ - LPU Summit #8

hahninator

The first show of Linkin Park's 2013 Australia & New Zealand Tour for LIVING THINGS takes them to Auckland, New Zealand where they will be playing Vector Arena on the 21st. This is actually the second show of 2013, following the Las Vegas "warmup show" on the 16th (show page here).

Posted Image

Linkin Park has been to New Zealand several times before. Their first appearance in the country came at Auckland's Town Hall venue on May 8th, 2001 on the US-to-Europe Tour, which included three shows in Australia as well. The setlist of that show was probably very similar, if not exactly the same, as the show four days earlier in Melbourne (show page here). LP skipped out on a stop in New Zealand in October 2003 when they played three Livid Festival shows in Australia.

In 2007, LP announced they were returning to Auckland on October 12th (show page here) and the show sold out within minutes, prompting the band to add a second show the day before on the 11th (show page here). This was the first time the band played two shows at the same venue on back-to-back nights since they headlined Toyko's Nippon Budokan in late 2003. With the band skipping New Zealand on the A Thousand Suns World Tour (even though two shows were heavily rumored and possibly even potentially penciled in for December 2010), this is Linkin Park's first show in New Zealand since 2007.

At the last show in Las Vegas, the band played Set A, which opens with 'TINFOIL'/'Faint', but replaced 'IN MY REMAINS' with 'CASTLE OF GLASS'. One of the setlists for that show said "Australia Headline A", so it's possible the band will play this setlist in Auckland, Sydney and Melbourne (the three remaining headlining shows on the tour). Maybe they will change something up though, as 'LOST IN THE ECHO' randomly opened the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas show last year, so anything is possible! Unfortunately, 'Bleed It Out' was played with no extenders for the first time since 2007. Will the band change up anything for Auckland? Will they debut anything else off of 'LIVING THINGS'?

This show also marks the 8th LPU Summit (following London, Sydney, Chicago, Hamburg, Tokyo, Camden, and Cape Town). Adam mentioned on Twitter that they will try to stream the Summit live for the first time, so find that here. It's listed to start at 2:30pm PST / 5:30pm EST / 10:30pm GMT / 11:30am NZDT. The band usually plays two acoustic tracks at the LPU Summit, the last two being 'The Messenger' and 'IN MY REMAINS' in Camden in 2012 (show page here). What two songs do you think they will play in Auckland?

Stone Sour will be opening this show. After Auckland, the band will be playing in Brisbane on the 23rd for the first Soundwave show of the year. Six more shows follow after Brisbane, so stay tuned for LPLive for full tour coverage. For the rest of the 2013 tour dates that have been announced already, visit the 2013 tour page.

LPU SUMMIT SOUNDCHECK SETLIST: (updated w/ full 5 songs)

01. Points Of Authority

02. VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)

03. LOST IN THE ECHO

04. CASTLE OF GLASS

05. New Divide

SHOW SETLIST:

01. TINFOIL

02. Faint (Ext. Outro)

03. Papercut

04. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

05. With You (2012 Ext. Intro; 2012 Scratch Outro)

06. Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)

07. New Divide

08. VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)

09. Points Of Authority

10. LIES GREED MISERY

11. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'UNTIL IT BREAKS' v2 rap; Ext. Outro)

12. Breaking The Habit

13. CASTLE OF GLASS

14. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

15. The Catalyst

16. LOST IN THE ECHO (2012 Intro)

17. Numb

18. What I've Done

19. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

----------------------------------------------------

20. BURN IT DOWN

21. In The End

22. Bleed It Out

A copy of Set B was seen on stage at the Summit so it's possible another setlist is coming for this tour!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I´ll hope for "Little Things" and another song for the acoustic set before the show.

I dont think that we will repeat "Rolling in the Deep" again like in Hamburg 2011 where i heard it.

So maybe "Messenger" again... or "Leave out all the Rest"

But there is still hope for another setlist at this concert ^.^

if they wanna play BIO in studio form they have change the place of some songs.Faint is the best Idea for ending the show.& I think they have to change the outro of Faint.they're play it from 2007 til now and it's not so rock without chester screaming.I want to hear like what they did in RAR 2007 for this outro.

Can someone explain to me how this works? Is it just gonna be posted in short videos or is there an actual stream?

They turn the camera on and actually live stream it for a while, and when they turn it off, the site archives the videos for you to watch whenever you want. It really is live streamed but in bunches as it would be pointless to livestream everyone just standing around lol. So it's like streaming live video updates basically that are archived all day long.

They turn the camera on and actually live stream it for a while, and when they turn it off, the site archives the videos for you to watch whenever you want. It really is live streamed but in bunches as it would be pointless to livestream everyone just standing around lol. So it's like streaming live video updates basically that are archived all day long.

Ah, ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

im going to be legit, this kinda sucks i thought they were going to show off the LPU summit and have the band talk to the people watching etc etc etc and have it all set up. Its just random videos and people lawling over LP. Nothing news worthy has happen as far as i know.