12.12.2010 - Melbourne, Australia (Night 1)

hahninator

Linkin Park plays their next show of the "A Thousand Suns" World Tour in Melbourne, Australia at Rod Laver Arena on the 12th. For the second time (the first being in 2007), the band is playing back-to-back shows there.

The first appearance by LP in Melbourne came in 2001 (show page here). Although it was likely (but not confirmed) that they did an encore break at the show before that (in Sydney), that was the first confirmed show where LP had an encore break. They played Rod Laver Arena in 2003 for the Livid Festival (no show page) and did two shows there like I said in 2007 (show pages here and here). At that second show, Chester jumped off the top of the stage on 'Papercut' and broke his wrist! Check the DSP of the show for the full situation on that.

Here's a video...

This is the 6th show of the tour. So far, 5 shows have had the exact same setlist with only Adelaide having a different one. What do you think we'll get tonight? It seems the band is very unpredictable on this tour....I'd be interested to hear what you all think about the setlists for the rest of the Australian Tour. Jay-Z in Sydney (night 2) anyone?

Who's going to Melbourne? Anyone want to play 'Faint' on guitar?

SETLIST:

01. The Requiem

02. Wretches And Kings

03. Papercut

04. Given Up

05. New Divide

06. Faint

07. Empty Spaces

08. When They Come For Me

09. No More Sorrow

10. Jornada Del Muerto

11. Waiting For The End

12. Wisdom, Justice, And Love

13. Iridescent

14. Numb

15. The Radiance (Live Version)

16. Breaking The Habit

17. Shadow Of The Day

18. Crawling

19. One Step Closer

----------------------

20. Fallout

21. The Catalyst

22. The Messenger

23. In The End

24. What I've Done

25. Bleed It Out ('Reading My Eyes' over intro, 'Burning In The Skies' over bridge)

That will be cool if Jay-Z come on stage with lp on night 2 to play Numb/Encore & Jigga-What/Faint . they should drop numb from the setlist and replace it with burning in the skies or something and they can perform the full version of numb/encore again if jay comes out on stage with lp lol

That will be cool if Jay-Z come on stage with lp on night 2 to play Numb/Encore & Jigga-What/Faint . they should drop numb from the setlist and replace it with burning in the skies or something and they can perform the full version of numb/encore again if jay comes out on stage with lp lol

I dont think numb will ever be removed from the setlist unless numb/encore but that would be nice to see .

Edited by nikkiann0100

It's too bad that i wont be going tonight even tho i want to. Instead maybe i hope itll be a good show to get a dsp of. It'd be sick if Jay-Z popped up or one of them songs they havent played yet (Burning in the Skies, Blackout or Robot Boy) And can someone tell Chester to watch his landing this time round? lol

Numb will never be dropped! If you saw how bonkers Sydney was when Numb started last night you wouldn't even suggest the idea!!

Numb will never be dropped! If you saw how bonkers Sydney was when Numb started last night you wouldn't even suggest the idea!!

amen to that numb is a real crowd pleaser.. just WISH they would play " a place for my head" i am heading to tomorrows show in Melbourne and i can not wait1 its a sold out concert!!

Can someone confirm this with the opening bands?

Well Narc did tweet "Very impressed with Dead Letter Circus... why's it taken me this long to see these guys?" before he started tweeting setlist.

Safe to say they were.