12.12.2010 - Melbourne, Australia (Night 1)

hahninator

Tomorrow will be Adelaide's Set and then Sydney super surprise i bet on that.

i think you're absolutely right. i knew that tonight would be setlist A - it made sense - play the same setlist in a row for sydney night 1 and melbourne night 1 then possibly play a different setlist for the second night at each location - whether it's one theyve already played or a new one entirely who knows.

good show tonight - before LP started i took a look around and the crowd around us looked great - nice, decent, normal people. well that changed the second LP came on - latecomers pushed their way through to second row (right behind us) and were an absolute nuisance the entire night. i felt really sorry for the people theyd pushed out of the way :(

had to keep saying to my mate (loudly) - you think they'd get the idea that 50/60 minutes in, they were not going to get us out of the way but no, they kept trying.

as for the band - great stuff. a few songs stood out tonight as being exceptional and definitely the best versions i've heard from the 8 shows i've attended so far - shadow of the day and iridescent. in previous shows, the big punchy parts of the songs just didn't carry across as well as they could have - total opposite tonight. they absolutely kicked ass.

support band tonight was dead letter circus indeed - great opening band, really enjoyed them and actually thinking about going to buy their CD tomorrow :o

as for who has opened which shows - i'm not 100% sure as a lot of them i was either doing the backstage tour or doing the meet & greet... but this is what i do know/think:

brisbane: pretty sure it was dead letter circus - the band is from here and it sounded like them from outside

newcastle: no support band. LP were due to start 7:45pm so they could get out of there quickly in order for the full production to make it to WA in time for the perth show (band ended up starting at 8:15).

perth: actually have no idea who opened at this one - given it's my home city i should know! the rest of my friends i went with who weren't at the M&G should know so i can find out if required.

adelaide: 'the art' were the support band - absolutely woeful. think the lead singer yelled some abuse at my mate and i because he thought it was us hurling abuse at the band - it was actually a guy a few people behind us :S

sydney night 1: should definitely have been dead letter circus - they were selling shirts at the merch counter for them. didn't see them as i was at the M&G.

melbourne night 1: dead letter circus - great way to start the night!

hope this helps!

Edited by Narc85

tomorrow- Adelaide set. Sydney 2- entirely new set

also my bet :)

just looking at this repetitiveness of setlists for long time, still wondering how they choosen Abu Dhabi to perform London 2 setlist=)

i think they did it because catalyst was the opener and since it was their first single of ATS, they possibly wanted to make the people who only came by for that song go away fast :D

Someone in the meet and greet asked Mike to do High Voltage, but he said that might be hard to add in somewhere. Instead, Reading My Eyes verse 1 was over the intro to Bleed It Out

Small world, that was me that asked for him to play it! I was keen on getting up there and doing it with him. I remember someone asked him to play hands held high one concert and he did so I was hoping that he could do it accapella.

He seemed like a really cool dude! My heart nearly had a heart attack when he said about the fan asking him!

What time did Dead Letter Circus and LP come on so I know for tonight? Thanks.

And anyone here in seats? How into it were people up in the seats? I don't want to be surrounded by people just sitting there doing nothing lol.

Edited by Christos

Small world, that was me that asked for him to play it! I was keen on getting up there and doing it with him. I remember someone asked him to play hands held high one concert and he did so I was hoping that he could do it accapella.

He seemed like a really cool dude! My heart nearly had a heart attack when he said about the fan asking him!

That's awesome! It was pretty cool how Mike stayed and chatted after all the other band memebers had left.