Interviews

hahninator

Here's the main thread for posting interviews. Interviews with band members by the press, etc, or even fans. New album news, tour news, etc. Leave a link or embed a video.

The YouTube embedding tags are:

"[ y t h d ]" "[ / y t h d ]"

(without the spaces or parentheses)

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Do you consciously strive for a “bigger” or more “epic” quality in a movie song? A bigger chorus or a more memorable chorus perhaps?

I guess the sound should be "epic," at least for this movie. When we were looking through our existing demo material, in deciding how to approach this song, we had a lot of more complex stuff, and more introverted stuff. Transformers isn't exactly an introverted film!

The "epic" comment was referring only to New Divide/Transformers, not the new album.

Another article with Chester and Mike on vh1.com

"This new 'Transformers' film is slightly darker. ... The themes are more about the main character, Sam, and what he's going through," Shinoda added. "He's going off to college, and there's more of a separation going on in his life, not to mention the fact that he's caught in this battle between his past and his future. So we tried to incorporate all that into the song."

• 1 month later...

hey pick up the new rock sound mag and its got a bit of interview with lp about sonisphere uk this is what they said

Q.how will the show compare to your last uk stint when you brought pr to milton keynes?

A.that was a very special event that day we didint know what to expect it was an amzing crowed the largest crowed we had played for in the UK and largest show of PR ever. (about sonis uk) we are going to go out and play real hard we are going to be fresh and perform new song and throw a few suprises but wouldint be a suprise if i told you

woo we get somthink difrent at are gig thank god

Edited by sian18

This means absolutely nothing. Unless the band comes right out and says "the setlist at Knebworth will be different from what we're playing at other shows on this tour," it's foolish to assume so based on this interview.

New song = New Divide

Few surprises = DBS, new POA intro, Session

Edited by Astat

This means absolutely nothing. Unless the band comes right out and says "the setlist at Knebworth will be different from what we're playing at other shows on this tour," it's foolish to assume so based on this interview.

New song = New Divide

Few surprises = DBS, new POA intro, Session

That's what I think, but we'll see

That's what I think, but we'll see

It has already been confirmed the setlist for the entire tour will be the same except for when they add DBS in to the set and for those shows it'll go-

Bleed It Out

-

DBS 3 songs

-

New Divide

Faint

OSC

It has already been confirmed the setlist for the entire tour will be the same except for when they add DBS in to the set and for those shows it'll go-

Bleed It Out

-

DBS 3 songs

-

New Divide

Faint

OSC

well maybe but i still think we will get somthink special

Prepare to be disappointed then, because confirmed means confirmed.

yeah well ill wait and see and if we do get somthink special well ill be happy if not well i still get to see DBS

Edited by sian18

I bought here in London the last number of "Kerrang!" featuring some news about Sonisphere and Chester shoot an interview about it and the next LP album!

K!: Is there any new material on the horizon?

Chester: We're actually working on the record right now. We've got a ton of music already, and i'd say very conservatively that by this time next year there will be another Linkin Park record. Where we're at right now isn't necessarily where we're gonna be in six months, so there could be a lot of stuff right now that we're really into which may not even make it. But, where it stands right now , i'd say if we took Minutes to Midnight and Hybrid Theory and took all of the best stuff from those two records and mashed them together in a psychedelic, post-apocalyptic kind of very dark metal hip-hop pop - that's what's going on right now. It's really cool!

Here is the photo of the article.

Thoughts ?